Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Roll four lines of:

Iafallo Kopi Brown
Kovy Vilardi Carter
Grundstrom Kupari Kaako
Luff Kempe Wagner
Clifford

Package Lewis and Toffoli at the draft for a dman.

This is my dream for next year if Carts can’t be moved. Sub Porkins in for Carts if at all possible.

Last edited:

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Brown - Kopitar - Hughes/Kakko
Prokhorkin - Carter - Kovalchuk.... Carter to be moved at the TDL
Grundstrom - Kempe - Toffoli.... Toffoli might be moved at the Draft, insert Border Leipsic
Wagner - Amadio - Luff
Leipsic - Lewis(needs to be traded)

Forbort - Doughty
Martinez - Girardi
Phaneuf - Walker.... A DP buyout should be in the works, if so Brayden Coburn is a target
MacDermid

Quick - Campbell.... I can see Campbell being moved and Petersen being the Backup

Ontario Reign;

Gabriel Vilardi
Rasmus Kupari
JAD
Kale Clague
Daniel Brickley
Mikey Anderson
Sheldon Rempal
Nikita Sherbak

KingKempe9

Feb 18, 2019
basically this is the AHL team and Leipsic/Kempe - but lets see who makes it to the top team from training camp
so from the youth

Grundstrom 1st rd top pick Luff
JAD Kupari Villardi
Leipsic Kempe Brodzinski
Wagner Amadio Rempal

see if these guys can push any of the vets/established guys out

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
basically this is the AHL team and Leipsic/Kempe - but lets see who makes it to the top team from training camp
so from the youth

JAD Kupari Villardi
Leipsic Kempe Brodzinski
Wagner Amadio Rempal

But you have to wonder what they have to do to push established guys out. Every rookie this year has outplayed carter and lewis. At times some have looked better than toffoli, kovalchuk, and brown. And on d most rookies even with their stuggles look better than phaneuf. Though i dont get as upset with phaneuf cause he tries hes just bad. Carter looks like he doesnt want to play

Reactions: Fat Elvis

KingKempe9

Feb 18, 2019
But you have to wonder what they have to do to push established guys out. Every rookie this year has outplayed carter and lewis. At times some have looked better than toffoli, kovalchuk, and brown. And on d most rookies even with their stuggles look better than phaneuf. Though i dont get as upset with phaneuf cause he tries hes just bad. Carter looks like he doesnt want to play

agree - hard part is getting rid of some of the vets - Especially Dion - need a bounceback from Carter or somehow getting rid for the sake of the cap - the young guys should be a good base in 2 years and we will have other 1sts and players like Thomas - We need to blood them even if it means sitting vets next season - I am hoping we are playing them now in the hope of makingthem more tradeable this offseason.

Reactions: Schmooley

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
agree - hard part is getting rid of some of the vets - Especially Dion - need a bounceback from Carter or somehow getting rid for the sake of the cap - the young guys should be a good base in 2 years and we will have other 1sts and players like Thomas - We need to blood them even if it means sitting vets next season - I am hoping we are playing them now in the hope of makingthem more tradeable this offseason.

Bernstein, yes i know, Bernstein, stated that it's pretty much a guarantee that Carter won't be back
how? i dunno... he just mentioned that

he said that Blake wanted a complete dismantling of the 2nd line - meaning that even Toffoli should be gone by start of next season, only reason Toffoli wasn't moved was because the offers were apparently low in terms of value, they might have another crack at it this summer with a year shaved off his term

if Blake does manage to trade Carter & Toffoli, then i'm all for a Phaneuf buyout

at this point, taking a roughly $5m cap hit for year 2 of his buyout outweighs the longterm contaminants he'll leave on our young D-core

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Ha, can you imagine if the offers were low for Toffoli at the deadline what they must be now, considering he has 0G, 1A and is a -6 in 8 games since the deadline.

Toffoli is a complete slug, him and Pearson are two of the most disappointing players in franchise history.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Ha, can you imagine if the offers were low for Toffoli at the deadline what they must be now, considering he has 0G, 1A and is a -6 in 8 games since the deadline.

Toffoli is a complete slug, him and Pearson are two of the most disappointing players in franchise history.

i had very high hopes for:
Vitali Yachemenev
Vladimir Tsyplakov
Pavel Rosa
Jere Karalahti
Aki Berg
Denis Grebeshkov

then i stopped over hyping European players entirely

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Bernstein, yes i know, Bernstein, stated that it's pretty much a guarantee that Carter won't be back
how? i dunno... he just mentioned that

he said that Blake wanted a complete dismantling of the 2nd line - meaning that even Toffoli should be gone by start of next season, only reason Toffoli wasn't moved was because the offers were apparently low in terms of value, they might have another crack at it this summer with a year shaved off his term

if Blake does manage to trade Carter & Toffoli, then i'm all for a Phaneuf buyout

at this point, taking a roughly $5m cap hit for year 2 of his buyout outweighs the longterm contaminants he'll leave on our young D-core
I still don’t see it. Toffoli should have been moved for whatever. Now it’s just addition by subtraction if you can.

I’m banking on Luff and Grundstrom being regulars next season. Throw in legit shots by Kupari and JAD and it’s getting crowded.

Carts, Toffoli, and Lewis to a lesser extent. Thank you for your service and good luck in your future endeavors.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I think after the last few games, to all the people that say "Kempe is not a center...Kempe cannot be #2 center...."
I say he absolutely can be #2 center. He's truly emerging and playing with confidence...elite speed and really bringing it up through
the neutral zone and into the zone. Better than any King. The Kings need that speed coming through center ice...Kopi does not have that..
And Carter has NOTHING. Adrian's end to end goal vs Yotes was highlight reel stuff. Not a fluke.

Give Kempe 2c and 2 good wingers and don't look back. He and Grundstrom ARE JUST GETTING STARTED!

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Iafallo - Kopi - Brown
Kovy - Kempe - Grundstrom
Lewis - JAD - Wagner
Cliffy - Amadio - Luff
Kupari

Forbort - Doughty
Clague - Martinez
Phaneuf - Brickley
Walker

Campbell
Petersen

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Id sooner watch Kempe get lit up learning to be a 2C than Carter being lit up doing whatever he is doing.

Carter is already lit.

giphy.gif

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
so from the youth

JAD Kupari Villardi
Leipsic Kempe Brodzinski
Wagner Amadio Rempal

Grundstrom,Wagner and Amadio will make the team next year unless a major setback happens.
I think Amadio will eventually get moved if he can't take a spot fulltime.

Leipsic will get a short term deal.

Luff\JAD\Kupari\Villardi?\Rempal\ some time in the AHL will do them all good. Called up as the next wave to take spots when they open up from trades.

Brodzinski will probably move on

Reactions: DoktorJeep

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
I think after the last few games, to all the people that say "Kempe is not a center...Kempe cannot be #2 center...."
I say he absolutely can be #2 center. He's truly emerging and playing with confidence...elite speed and really bringing it up through
the neutral zone and into the zone. Better than any King. The Kings need that speed coming through center ice...Kopi does not have that..
And Carter has NOTHING. Adrian's end to end goal vs Yotes was highlight reel stuff. Not a fluke.

Give Kempe 2c and 2 good wingers and don't look back. He and Grundstrom ARE JUST GETTING STARTED!

I think Kempe could be a good player but I would pump the brakes on things since this is a small sample size. Kempe plays for awhile and then disappears so he has to prove that he can bring it every night. I do like the chemistry that he has with Grundstrom and it's been fun to watch but let's see how things go over the last part the season first. Toffoli had 23 and 31 goals in back to back seasons and Pearson had 24 goals once. I want to see Kempe play motivated for an entire season. An end to end goal is fun to watch but I would much rather see him be setting up more goals with elite passing like he has done recently in a few instances.

A skeptic could easily say that Kempe only plays hard and up to his potential when he is in his preferred position. That doesn't work in the NHL unless you are a star because teams need players to be able to adapt to the situation at hand.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

I don't particularly like Kempe's board play. He does seem to be better off in the middle of the ice making plays for his wingers. Needs to do a lot of work on his faceoffs to get his win percentage into an acceptable range. At least the faceoff aspect of a center's game can be improved with hard work, and the Kings have one of the best instructors in Jarrett Stoll hanging around the organization.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Roll four lines of:

Iafallo Kopi Brown
Kovy Vilardi Carter
Grundstrom Kupari Kaako
Luff Kempe Wagner
Clifford

Package Lewis and Toffoli at the draft for a dman.

This is my dream for next year if Carts can’t be moved. Sub Porkins in for Carts if at all possible.

I can get behind this although that 2nd line could be a defensive liability. Whomever the coach is needs to give that unit offensive zone starts. I am not holding my breath on Vilardi ever playing as a king at this point, and really hope that I am wrong with that feeling. I would not be surprised if JAD made the team. He got 5 games this year when the team thought they would be contending, I know this was largely due to injuries but he at lease is knocking at the door.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I’m sure the Kings will miss out on Hughes/Kakko. That’s just the way things go with this franchise. They’ll likely draft in the #3 - 5 range.

Realistically, we’re not finding takers for any of the veterans right now. So our 19/20 opening night lineup will likely look very close to the current lineup, unfortunately.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I’m sure the Kings will miss out on Hughes/Kakko. That’s just the way things go with this franchise. They’ll likely draft in the #3 - 5 range.

Realistically, we’re not finding takers for any of the veterans right now. So our 19/20 opening night lineup will likely look very close to the current lineup, unfortunately.
as long as LA doesn't slip past 5 I am ok

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
as long as LA doesn't slip past 5 I am ok

Is that just because you don't like anyone past #5? I was just curious. I don't see anyone in the Top 10 that I would be angry about at all. They all are Top 6/Top 3 level talent on paper. What they do after is going to determine where they ultimately end up of course and how the Kings handle them is key as well.

I 100% want Kakko or Hughes but the next picks are hard to really figure out. Will someone take a chance of Podkolzin? Will a team that really needs a Dman take Byram in the Top 5 because he looks like the only real Top 2 right now on paper? Does someone want Turcotte more than Zegras, Dach or Cozens? It could be a very unpredictable 3-10.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Is that just because you don't like anyone past #5? I was just curious. I don't see anyone in the Top 10 that I would be angry about at all. They all are Top 6/Top 3 level talent on paper. What they do after is going to determine where they ultimately end up of course and how the Kings handle them is key as well.

I 100% want Kakko or Hughes but the next picks are hard to really figure out. Will someone take a chance of Podkolzin? Will a team that really needs a Dman take Byram in the Top 5 because he looks like the only real Top 2 right now on paper? Does someone want Turcotte more than Zegras, Dach or Cozens? It could be a very unpredictable 3-10.

just my personal preference to get one of Cozens or Dach if LA cannot get Kakko or Hughes.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Grundstrom Kempe Kupari
Grundstrom Kempe Kupari
Grundstrom Kempe Kupari
Grundstrom Kempe Kupari
BrickleyDoughty
Martinez Walker
Clague Roy
Petersen
Campbell

Kingsfan1