Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Lost in OT.

Trash non-call allowed them to tie the game.

Terrible call allowed them to take the lead

and an unneeded call allowed them to win.

Officiating was absolutely biased tonight.

Not at all worried.

This team has done more without a full lineup than most with since the trade chips fell (starting with the pre-deadline exits.) With Entwistle back, Gogolev and Hanley I predict we will be put of the West and my family will be booking a trip to Halifax....

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
I guess my only concern with this team is it's inability to win on the road, especially considering it's very unlikely we get any home ice advantage past the 1st round.

I know there are injuries and a lot of closely played OT/SO results, but it's still a record of 9-16 in road games this season.

Everything else has been a joy to watch though!

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Went to Kingston last night and man do the staff suck there. Which is odd because I had been to 7 previous games there over the years and never had a problem and loved going.

Game itself not much to say. The Frontenacs were just awful plain and simple. Call me greedy but I was disappointed again to see them let a very late shutout slip away. I understand not going all out when up 7-0 late but Kingston pretty much got their only sustained pressure of the night in the minutes leading up to that goal (just like OS last week)

Very cool to see the boys so excited for Terry to get his first goal. Poppy was literally jumping up and down on the bench.

Only 2 more rinks I haven't seen Guelph win in person yet. Sudbury and Soo.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Went to Kingston last night and man do the staff suck there. Which is odd because I had been to 7 previous games there over the years and never had a problem and loved going.

Game itself not much to say. The Frontenacs were just awful plain and simple. Call me greedy but I was disappointed again to see them let a very late shutout slip away. I understand not going all out when up 7-0 late but Kingston pretty much got their only sustained pressure of the night in the minutes leading up to that goal (just like OS last week)

Very cool to see the boys so excited for Terry to get his first goal. Poppy was literally jumping up and down on the bench.

Only 2 more rinks I haven't seen Guelph win in person yet. Sudbury and Soo.

I was at the game as well but had tickets pre-purchased by our host so didn't really have to deal with staff other than the bartenders and they were fine. Ran into some of the Storm faithful that took the weekend bus tour - it was great to see a number of Storm jerseys in the stands in a rink that is a fair distance away.

Thought the Fronts came out banging - maybe they focused on that just a little too much - but it didn't take long for the game to fall under Storm control. Felt sorry for my hosts, but not sorry ;)

I was impressed with the in-game entertainment at the former K-Rock, now Leon's Centre. They had a live drum line-type ensemble that switched in and out with recorded music during play stoppages, and a local cover band played live during the intermissions. Just a different and refreshing approach compared to the usual standards that other OHL rinks run through for stoppage music and intermissions.

Sarnia is in town Friday, Guelph heads to Sarnia Saturday and the Fronts are here Sunday. Should be a good weekend points-wise if everyone plays to potential.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I was at the game as well but had tickets pre-purchased by our host so didn't really have to deal with staff other than the bartenders and they were fine. Ran into some of the Storm faithful that took the weekend bus tour - it was great to see a number of Storm jerseys in the stands in a rink that is a fair distance away.

Thought the Fronts came out banging - maybe they focused on that just a little too much - but it didn't take long for the game to fall under Storm control. Felt sorry for my hosts, but not sorry ;)

I was impressed with the in-game entertainment at the former K-Rock, now Leon's Centre. They had a live drum line-type ensemble that switched in and out with recorded music during play stoppages, and a local cover band played live during the intermissions. Just a different and refreshing approach compared to the usual standards that other OHL rinks run through for stoppage music and intermissions.

Sarnia is in town Friday, Guelph heads to Sarnia Saturday and the Fronts are here Sunday. Should be a good weekend points-wise if everyone plays to potential.
Windsor has started the cover band this year as well - refreshing change to the canned music. They have used a number of different acts and it seems to be well received. They do intermissions as well as some stoppages of play.

Reactions: bobber

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
A six point weekend is getting close. These are games that have too be won. no excuses, just hard work.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Interested to see who is back in the lineup and healthy tonight. Things should be coming together soon. Definitely a 6/6 point weekend is attainable. Not sure how the standings will go with other teams also playing well. At this stage in the game it doesn't matter, just keep getting better and gear up for the playoffs.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
At this stage in the game it doesn't matter, just keep getting better and gear up for the playoffs.

I agree but will add, Home Ice is going to be a big factor especially in the West where 3-4 teams are all fairly equal in talent. I know the Knights are desperate for it or at least should be!

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
... moving on.

Phillips went down and was helped off the ice favouring his left leg. WTF. The team is cursed with the injuries this season. Hope he's back for the 2nd period. The 1st was uninspiring, lots of.good opportunities but some missed chances with one too many passes. The PP looks awful. Kudos to Sarnia on their PK.

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
Only one team showed up tonight so far.. Where is that Ratcliffe guy? I've heard he's a good player..

Reactions: hocknow

hocknow

Feb 13, 2016
Hard work will always win no matter how many big names you have.
With that being said shots were 40-25 approx. Not blaming goaltending solely but that was definetely the difference by far.
Hillis only played part of first, anyone see him get hurt? Perhaps just the same injury not 100% yet.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Hard work will always win no matter how many big names you have.
With that being said shots were 40-25 approx. Not blaming goaltending solely but that was definetely the difference by far.
Hillis only played part of first, anyone see him get hurt? Perhaps just the same injury not 100% yet.
Hillis is getting an upper body exray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad