Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
By my calculations we gained
Markus Phillips, Mackenzie Entwhistle, Pavel Gogolev

we gave up
Ryan Merkley, Tag Bertuzzi, Mason Primeau and a 3rd round pick

I feel we got better this year w/o giving up our future- time will tell

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
By my calculations we gained
Markus Phillips, Mackenzie Entwhistle, Pavel Gogolev

we gave up
Ryan Merkley, Tag Bertuzzi, Mason Primeau and a 3rd round pick

I feel we got better this year w/o giving up our future- time will tell

We gained 3 excellent hockey players (two from Team Canada), and became Cancer free!

Reactions: storm surge

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
You had a good offense and improved, just got better on defence but what are you going to do about your goaltending. Popovich is a good goalie but you need more than good to advance through the playoffs.

Cynical Canadian

Nov 16, 2015
You had a good offense and improved, just got better on defence but what are you going to do about your goaltending. Popovich is a good goalie but you need more than good to advance through the playoffs.
Popovich has been a much better goalie than the defense in front of him.

Now that the defense has improved he will be an even better goalie.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Does anyone see a part 2 to the Mason Primeau trade to North Bay, or was that just one and done?

Brazeau would be interesting... there's a bigger need on RD though. Currently there is only one right shot (Lalonde), that is a concern. My hope is Suzuki/Durzi. If UPL were available that would be interesting.

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
Brazeau would be interesting... there's a bigger need on RD though. Currently there is only one right shot (Lalonde), that is a concern. My hope is Suzuki/Durzi. If UPL were available that would be interesting.

UPL would cost a lot.

They only reality I see happening is if OS are big on Chayka. Durzi/Suzuki for Chayka+++ or Hillis/Woolley 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th.

Reactions: Chico Maki

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
UPL would cost a lot.

They only reality I see happening is if OS are big on Chayka. Durzi/Suzuki for Chayka+++ or Hillis/Woolley 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th.

Yes, and yes. GB has shown that he is not afraid to spend... I doubt we keep Chayka post-Hakon deadline. Those deals would make the most sense.

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
Must be some kind of record today, Guelph gave up potentially 15 draft picks. Hope the fans have patience in the years to come.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Must be some kind of record today, Guelph gave up potentially 15 draft picks. Hope the fans have patience in the years to come.

That's what happens when you pick up two WJC players and still have your 2018 1st rounder...

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus

Not worried. Any 2019 draft picks given up may not be a big deal as it is reported that it will be a very weak draft year anyways. Future years can be recouped through moving players next year leading up to and at the deadline, something that was not done after 2014, and led to a considerable delay in the retool/reload. Draft picks are currency, especially these days - you can’t play draft picks, only hope for the best with what you have in your pocket when it comes time to cash them in. Good asset management will get your pockets filled back up in good time.

We haven’t really seen George work the asset management end of things given how short a time he’s been here - so far, I like what I see with him as a GM. Now coach, that’s another discussion.

Reactions: Chico Maki

Kenny Chu

Aug 19, 2018
Don’t worry about patience.
Fans just went thru 7 years of Mike Grandpa Kelly running the team. His bad drafting, trades and lack of trades. I think Curious George is doing just fine.
As critical as I am I think George did real well today. He obviously did better than MM in Kitchener

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
As critical as I am I think George did real well today. He obviously did better than MM in Kitchener

Different trajectories this year. There’s still 5 days ahead until the deadline on Thursday - more movement all over the league should be expected. I agree with you though - Trader George did well. Now let’s see how he plays it out with his coach hat on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad