Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2019-2020 Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
why does GR never disclose injuries? i remember rasmussen's injury and timeline for return was left as a giant mystery too

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
How has the players look on the Griffs? Based on a quick scan of player stats, it looks like the only standout is Seider. Svech, Ras, and Veleno not really standing out?

Christien

May 1, 2010
why does GR never disclose injuries? i remember Rasmussen's injury and timeline for return was left as a giant mystery too
I just don't think they like disclosing injuries on prospects. The AHL is a really tough league with a lot of dirty players and I think it's a good idea to not disclose these injuries to protect these guys.

How has the players look on the Griffs? Based on a quick scan of player stats, it looks like the only standout is Seider. Svech, Ras, and Veleno not really standing out?

Everyone has been really solid lately. Of course Seider is extremely impressive and I think he'll be a top pairing guy for us. He'll be on the Red Wings next season.

Svechnikov has been battling his knee injury all season, but he's playing well as of late. It's best for Svechnikov to just play hockey and stay healthy and look forward to having a healthier season next year, wherever he may play now with the rumors of him signing with AK Bars of the KHL this off season.

Rasmussen had an assist last game, but didn't have any in the 3 games prior. He's made a big difference this year for the Griffins and (as expected) is a force in front of the net and on the powerplay.

Veleno has gotten better and better all season long, especially after he came back from his tournament with Canada. He's been playing both special teams all season long and while the points may not look real impressive, he's been holding his own. He has an excellent skating ability and is really shifty and can create a lot of space for himself out there. He's just getting his feet wet in pro hockey. I believe another season next year with Grand Rapids would be a great thing for him with call-ups to the big club every now and then.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Griffins put out a lineup on their Twitter account and deleted it. Original one didn't have Seider listed

EDIT: New one doesn't have him listed either, apparently.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Veleno scores on a great shift from him, then San Antonio ties it up right after. 1-1

Christien

May 1, 2010
Without Seider this team plays a lot different. They're a lot less physical and chippy.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Griffs were riding a 4 game winning streak and leading late in the 2nd when Mo went down. They ended up losing that game and the next 2 since.
Yep it’s been ugly, all 3 against San Antonio. You have to give San Antonio credit, because they kept coming at the Griffins in waves it seemed like.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Any update on Mo?
Nothing so far.

Cholowski will be with the team in time for the game today. Also looks like Hicketts is still hurt so possibly won't be in today. Cholowski is literally the only guy on the back end right now who can generate any offence :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad