Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2019-2020 Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Somebody whined that there's too many vets on the roster.

Propect - Prospect - Prospect
Veteran - Veteran - Prospect
Prospect - Prospect - Veteran
Fill-in - Prospect - Veteran

Prospect - Prospect
Prospect - Prospect
Prospect - Fill-in

Veteran
(Veteran)

Quite a kid roster in my eyes.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Givani looking good lately, elaborate please, thank you.
Yeah easily one of the Griffins' best players. He's such a beast along the boards and pretty much impossible to knock off balance. His puck control has also gotten way better and seems to have gained some speed in his skating. Mean mfer too and never been afraid to fight. Plays on the penalty kill as well. I think he'll be a future bottom 6 guy for Detroit.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Yeah easily one of the Griffins' best players. He's such a beast along the boards and pretty much impossible to knock off balance. His puck control has also gotten way better and seems to have gained some speed in his skating. Mean mfer too and never been afraid to fight. Plays on the penalty kill as well. I think he'll be a future bottom 6 guy for Detroit.

Thank you, I never knew he played on the pk. Other things I knew a little or assumed from his junior days although not surprised with your analysis.

Looking good so far. As of late he seems to be on his game from what I hear or see on the stat sheet.

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
Givani looking good lately, elaborate please, thank you.
I've been really impressed by him. He has all of the tools that could make a really good power forward except for high end puck skill and IQ. I've seen a lot more of those since then because he just beasts his way around the ice. Unstoppable. IDK if what he;s doing now will translate to the NHL but I've been impressed with just how much stronger he is than everyone.
He is good netfront and on the boards. Decent hands, great size, fast skater, kind of a rat... always talking
He is bad at getting points and generating goals. Can be the hardest forechecker on the team but can't create a good scoring chance.

I can see why he was a second rounder

Reactions: lakai17

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Svech from Veleno...
Tweeter said a nice zone entry... but Veleno nearly skated himself out of a possession and Svech was kind of standing still at the blueline. Either way, Veleno passed to him and Svech scored.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007

Svech from Veleno...
Tweeter said a nice zone entry... but Veleno nearly skated himself out of a possession and Svech was kind of standing still at the blueline. Either way, Veleno passed to him and Svech scored.

That's a perfect zone entry, especially on the PP. Gain the zone with full possession, find open ice and draw defender, pass to open teammate. Textbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->