Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2019-2020 Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
Ras has looked great and is a very important piece to this lineup, but he isn't better than Seider.
More points but not more impact.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Another huge game tonight

View media item 7259

This entire week is huge. They have 4 games all against the teams theyre within a point or two of playoffs with in the division.

Ras has looked great and is a very important piece to this lineup, but he isn't better than Seider.
More points but not more impact.

I think the Griffins survive better if Seider is missing from the line up than Rasmussen. Theyre really weak at center without him. Seider is a better prospect but the Griffs have a lot of solid vets that can get the job done on D, they dont have much for options at center without Rasmussen.

Reactions: Konnan511

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Seider has been keeping a blog since the start of the season on nhl.com. It’s in German but he’s got about 6 or 7 of them and they’re a pretty good read.

Here’s the 2nd one. They are really difficult to locate on the website.

Moritz Seider berichtet über seine Eindrücke (2. Ausgabe)
Since Moritzmania is fortunately rampant here, some of you might perhaps like a short summary of Seider's second blog entry. It is basically quite (some might say rather) professional and of course not overly candid, but who would expect otherwise from the German version of the official NHL website.

Seider starts with a few remarks about the Griffins' game against Cleveland, which felt like some sort of relief. Despite being a young team, the Griffins think they should - and hopefully will - improve their position in the standings.

Though he wishes for more consistency, Seider is "quite satisfied" with his personal performance so far. He appreciates the bulk of ice time and his opportunities on both PP and PK. His offensive output is less important to him than learning positional play and keeping track of the play. Overall, he really enjoys being with the Griffins.

Getting accustomed to the smaller rink felt quite easy for Seider. He talks about adjusting to different angles, positioning and speed of play, but in the end it is "just hockey".

Seider mentions the long rides (to Cleveland in particular...), which he did not know from Germany - except if he had to play in Bremerhaven (in the AHL, theres is "Bremerhaven everywhere"). On the bus, the older players play cards and the younger ones chat just about everything. Seider is also in touch with some other German prospects in North America.

His last paragraph is about the late video coach Bill LeRoy, who died in their Hotel at "Manitoba" (presumably Winnipeg). Although Seider got to know him rather briefly, he writes very fondly about LeRoy, in particular about his recurring joke after away wins by questioning if the team had indeed "packed up their points". He describes his death as a very painful loss, especially to those players who knew him for many years.

If we leave out the necessarily sad last part, Seider seems to be really happy to me at this stage, judging from his text. He appears to be quite loose in spite of the jump from DEL to AHL and obviously enjoys being called upon. While I root hard for my compatriot, I really hope that Seider will not get any consideration for being the Red Wings' top prospect after the draft at all...

Gruß,
BSHH

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
Since Moritzmania is fortunately rampant here, some of you might perhaps like a short summary of Seider's second blog entry. It is basically quite (some might say rather) professional and of course not overly candid, but who would expect otherwise from the German version of the official NHL website.

Seider starts with a few remarks about the Griffins' game against Cleveland, which felt like some sort of relief. Despite being a young team, the Griffins think they should - and hopefully will - improve their position in the standings.

Though he wishes for more consistency, Seider is "quite satisfied" with his personal performance so far. He appreciates the bulk of ice time and his opportunities on both PP and PK. His offensive output is less important to him than learning positional play and keeping track of the play. Overall, he really enjoys being with the Griffins.

Getting accustomed to the smaller rink felt quite easy for Seider. He talks about adjusting to different angles, positioning and speed of play, but in the end it is "just hockey".

Seider mentions the long rides (to Cleveland in particular...), which he did not know from Germany - except if he had to play in Bremerhaven (in the AHL, theres is "Bremerhaven everywhere"). On the bus, the older players play cards and the younger ones chat just about everything. Seider is also in touch with some other German prospects in North America.

His last paragraph is about the late video coach Bill LeRoy, who died in their Hotel at "Manitoba" (presumably Winnipeg). Although Seider got to know him rather briefly, he writes very fondly about LeRoy, in particular about his recurring joke after away wins by questioning if the team had indeed "packed up their points". He describes his death as a very painful loss, especially to those players who knew him for many years.

If we leave out the necessarily sad last part, Seider seems to be really happy to me at this stage, judging from his text. He appears to be quite loose in spite of the jump from DEL to AHL and obviously enjoys being called upon. While I root hard for my compatriot, I really hope that Seider will not get any consideration for being the Red Wings' top prospect after the draft at all...

Gruß,
BSHH
You'll have another German to root for with Stuzle

Christien

May 1, 2010
Cholowski with a beauty of a shot for a nice goal.

Seider's jersey ended up getting messed up during a line brawl a few minutes ago. He's now wearing a Griffins jersey that has no name on the back of it and is #20 :laugh:

EDIT: Guess they just sewed his old jersey up

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Cholowski with a beauty of a shot for a nice goal.

Seider's jersey ended up getting messed up during a line brawl a few minutes ago. He's now wearing a Griffins jersey that has no name on the back of it and is #20 :laugh:
He should action ripped jersey

Reactions: Christien

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He's just genuinely hard to play against. Always driving the net and winning board battles

Huge win again tonight

Yeah I'm a big Smith fan, I think hes going to be a really useful NHL player even if he maxes out as a third liner. I was just wondering if he did something in the game specifically that made @mantha39 say that or if it was just a general observation.

Reactions: Christien

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Yeah I'm a big Smith fan, I think hes going to be a really useful NHL player even if he maxes out as a third liner. I was just wondering if he did something in the game specifically that made @mantha39 say that or if it was just a general observation.

Not one play in particular, just his game in general recently. He’s a tank and plays a heady game. Kind of a Bertuzzi-lite in a way. I’ve been really impressed.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Hey lovelies. I bought a subscription to AHL Live for Griffins Home and Playoff game. I don't use it. IF someone who has been on here as long as I have and is in good standing wants to borrow my account, message me. Merry Christmas.

Edit: And done

Son of a bitch

solo16

Nov 22, 2007
CT
Hey lovelies. I bought a subscription to AHL Live for Griffins Home and Playoff game. I don't use it. IF someone who has been on here as long as I have and is in good standing wants to borrow my account, message me. Merry Christmas.

Edit: And done
I took a second from my lurking life to compare your join date to my own! Well played. My avatar is older than most posters!

Reactions: Konnan511

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Can we be optimistic about Ras becoming a center in the NHL or is it too soon to say?

Love what I am hearing about the big guy, I'm thinking that I need to start watching Griffin games. Is the team pass discounted from the price set at the beginning of the year and does it include playoffs?

Edit: I looked it up for anyone interested, the remainder of regular season and playoffs is 69.99$ - down from 99.99$ - I'm getting it, I really want to see Ras and his intensity in the playoffs and I gotta see some Seider.
I paid $34.99 for a single team (home and away) mid-season package in January.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Does anyone know if Seider has played on his off side (LD) at all in GR so far this year?

Reactions: lilidk

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Does anyone know if Seider has played on his off side (LD) at all in GR so far this year?

He did a bit at the beginning of the year when they were messing with the pairings on a nightly basis and had a lot of righties. But since him and Hicketts were paired together there has been no looking back. #MoJoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad