Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2019-2020 Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He has been excellent when he has been in the lineup. I have a lot of restored faith in Rasmussen watching him this year. I was patient anyway last year, but I think we just need him to stay healthy for a longer stretch and one more summer of getting stronger should make a big difference. Would love for him to hang around Mantha, I know he is one of the guys that doesn't summer in Detroit, but Ras could really use his model in terms of how Mantha just got stronger and stronger each year.

Always takes big guys a little longer. His only issue has been health at this poin,t this season.

I see a lot of Scheifele in him. Not so much in the open ice but his size, vision and hands. Maybe Krejci is a better comparison.

When it’s all said and done he’s going to play in the NHL for a long time.

Quietly the Wings have two of the more dominating players in the AHL and they’re under 21. I honestly wouldn’t touch either this year, tho we are bound to see Mo play at least a few games.

Let them keep doing what they’re doing and come September, let them assume their spot in the NHL. Would love to see a line of Rasmussen, Mantha and Lafreniere. The latter would have so much open ice playing with two guys with that reach and size. If Ras keeps this up, he’s going to be very hard to play against at the next level.

On a side note, this is how you let young guys develop. Especially young centers. In contrast, look what Vegas is doing with Glass. They’re basically wasting a year of his development playing him 3rd/4th line wing instead of sending him to the AHL and using the year to have him playing center. Rasmussen will be light years ahead of him by this time next year because they didn’t waste this year in his development. Other recent examples are Andersson with the Rangers and Nolan Patrick with the Flyers.

You can’t push young centermen or your likely to end up with Curtis Lazar instead of David Krejci.

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
Pearson has 9 points past 12 games including 4 the past 2.
Pearson has looked impressive. I wish he had more ice time. but being behind 2 of our three best prospects at center theres not much opportunity to excel. I genuinely believe that he would be the third best center on the wings right now.. if that means anything

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He was the best player on the ice last night in my opinion. Really dominant game, his whole line was going but for me he was the straw stirring that.

Hes a guy I wouldnt be surprised if he got a look near the end of the year, especially after that turnover Ehn just had lol. I didnt realise Pearsons dad was an NHL enforcer either

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Always takes big guys a little longer. His only issue has been health at this poin,t this season.

I see a lot of Scheifele in him. Not so much in the open ice but his size, vision and hands. Maybe Krejci is a better comparison.

When it’s all said and done he’s going to play in the NHL for a long time.

Quietly the Wings have two of the more dominating players in the AHL and they’re under 21. I honestly wouldn’t touch either this year, tho we are bound to see Mo play at least a few games.

Let them keep doing what they’re doing and come September, let them assume their spot in the NHL. Would love to see a line of Rasmussen, Mantha and Lafreniere. The latter would have so much open ice playing with two guys with that reach and size. If Ras keeps this up, he’s going to be very hard to play against at the next level.

On a side note, this is how you let young guys develop. Especially young centers. In contrast, look what Vegas is doing with Glass. They’re basically wasting a year of his development playing him 3rd/4th line wing instead of sending him to the AHL and using the year to have him playing center. Rasmussen will be light years ahead of him by this time next year because they didn’t waste this year in his development. Other recent examples are Andersson with the Rangers and Nolan Patrick with the Flyers.

You can’t push young centermen or your likely to end up with Curtis Lazar instead of David Krejci.

Cody Glass looks like an NHLer when I watch. Rasmussen didn't, last year.
And closer inspection of the 5 on 5 stats seem to show that.

.59 g/60 and 1.42 p/60
vs
.19 g/60 and 1.06 p/60

I don't imagine there will ever be a day when Rasmussen is light years ahead of Glass.

Als0 - we kept Ras in the NHL the entire year last year even though he clearly was overmatched.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Cody Glass looks like an NHLer when I watch. Rasmussen didn't, last year.
And closer inspection of the 5 on 5 stats seem to show that.

.59 g/60 and 1.42 p/60
vs
.19 g/60 and 1.06 p/60

I don't imagine there will ever be a day when Rasmussen is light years ahead of Glass.

Als0 - we kept Ras in the NHL the entire year last year even though he clearly was overmatched.

To be fair youre also comparing one guys 19 year old season to another guys 20 year old season while on very different caliber of teams. I agree that Rasmussen won't ever be light years ahead of Glass but these stats arent the reason.

Reactions: NotLeddy

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
To be fair youre also comparing one guys 19 year old season to another guys 20 year old season while on very different caliber of teams. I agree that Rasmussen won't ever be light years ahead of Glass but these stats arent the reason.
WHo cares about Glass? He was already off the board when the Wings picked Raz. We can't even do a hindsight re-draft that we love to do.

Also, teams develop players in different ways. Teams with deeper roster can start players off on their 3rd line and still be OK. Let's keep in mind that Frazen and Zetterberg started out bottom 6 back when the WIngs were stacked (yeah, I know it's pre-salary cap).

I don't follow LVGK, but seems to me like they're prepping Glass for a center spot since I don't see them re-signing Eakin this offseason.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
No one got a clip or a video tweet of the Smith give and go goal with Rasmussen to the Griffs a 5-1 lead on Saturday? That was a nice one.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
There is something wrong with those numbers Ras scored 8 goals and 18 points last year which a little more than a 2:1 ratio of points to goals .19 and 1.06 is more than 5 to 1 ratio of points to goals.|
The ratio should be the same.

Reactions: Lil Bert

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
has his role changed?
He seemed like he fell into a funk right before the WJC

Biggest impact on that team is about the same time those guys got back from the WJC Rasmussen returned. The Griffins are a lot better with him in the lineup in my opinion. Pearson has also started driving a line over the last month, so we are consistently winning in the middle of the ice a lot more.

Reactions: MBH

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Biggest impact on that team is about the same time those guys got back from the WJC Rasmussen returned. The Griffins are a lot better with him in the lineup in my opinion. Pearson has also started driving a line over the last month, so we are consistently winning in the middle of the ice a lot more.

Pearson is definitely finding his groove which is helping and is kinda underrated on that team. Rasmussen might be the single most important player in that line up though

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Pearson is definitely finding his groove which is helping and is kinda underrated on that team. Rasmussen might be the single most important player in that line up though

To be clear Seider has played excellent. I just think we are getting a ton more out of our centers and this team looks night and day better with Rasmussen in the lineup. I think he has been their best player consistently since he came back into the lineup. Good sign, wish he could stay healthy and find a groove.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Ras hasn't been as good, though, right? At least, production wise?
Oh, scratch that, I see he's bounced back since that 4-game slump.
5 points in 5 games.

Weird though. 1 goal in 13 games. Looks like 19 shots. Also has 7 assists.
That means 4 goals and 7 assists in the previous 12 games. But 30 shots.

Glad to see Pearson stepping up. Had high hopes for him in college and played well in the 3 on 3s and prospect tournament.

Pearson's first 37 games: 4-5-9 -14 52 shots.
Pearson's last 12: 3-6-9 +2 17 shots.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Can we be optimistic about Ras becoming a center in the NHL or is it too soon to say?

Love what I am hearing about the big guy, I'm thinking that I need to start watching Griffin games. Is the team pass discounted from the price set at the beginning of the year and does it include playoffs?

Edit: I looked it up for anyone interested, the remainder of regular season and playoffs is 69.99$ - down from 99.99$ - I'm getting it, I really want to see Ras and his intensity in the playoffs and I gotta see some Seider.

Last edited:

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Ras hasn't been as good, though, right? At least, production wise?
Oh, scratch that, I see he's bounced back since that 4-game slump.
5 points in 5 games.

Weird though. 1 goal in 13 games. Looks like 19 shots. Also has 7 assists.
That means 4 goals and 7 assists in the previous 12 games. But 30 shots.

Glad to see Pearson stepping up. Had high hopes for him in college and played well in the 3 on 3s and prospect tournament.

Pearson's first 37 games: 4-5-9 -14 52 shots.
Pearson's last 12: 3-6-9 +2 17 shots.

Do we know the nature of injury Ras sustained, was it his wrist again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad