Pre-Game Talk: Going for four in Chicago

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
Do you go to a steak house for chicken fingers? Do you go to Bootlegger for formal wear? Do you go to a Daycare facility with a roll of loonies?

It's the internet, you'll have no problem finding what you're looking for. Why can't a hockey forum just be about hockey?

It was clearly a joke, relax boomer

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
JpD8tTS.gif

No ReGretzkys

May 8, 2018
The Oilers have the best PP (by a good margin) in the NHL with Chiasson on it. Not sure why people are so keen on changing it/replacing Chiasson with a 'sexier' name.

Sometimes simple is better. It also gives Yams more time to rest for even strength and keeps his pts numbers down so his next contract isn't as fat. It also makes some sort of use out of Chiasson
Ok makes sense :thumbu:

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Klefbom takes a shot to the face and breaks his shoulder again. McDavid and Drai are held scoreless after multiple Chicago players are literally hanging off both of them while they are on the ice. No penalties are called. Good hockey play.

Smith turns into bad Smith and let's in 6 goals on the first 3 shots. Oilers lose 11-0.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Klefbom takes a shot to the face and breaks his shoulder again. McDavid and Drai are held scoreless after multiple Chicago players are literally hanging off both of them while they are on the ice. No penalties are called. Good hockey play.

Smith turns into bad Smith and let's in 6 goals on the first 3 shots. Oilers lose 11-0.
Is this satire?

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Thanks ya, it was very unnerving but a lot worse for hundreds or thousands of others. I just lost sleep. Many lost homes, businesses or family members.

For sure.
My heart goes out to all those affected.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Oilers have 10 home games left and 5 road
Vegas has 4 home games left and 10 road
1st in the Pacific is ours for the taking.

Reactions: Cypress
Feb 9, 2013
I was going to post a picture of Cindy Crawford - a tasteful picture from her Playboy spread. Figured I would include the GOAT of female beauty to a thread about the Oil, McDavid, and Draisaitl … and, of course, my favorite - Kassian. But, apparently, I don't know how. ;)

A win tonight will be huge, for momentum and points. Keep the separation growing between 'us' and the wildcard teams. The team needs to keep its foot on the gas.

I want to see Kassian on the line with McDavid and Ennis. I like AA on the third … let him carry the puck - do the McDavid - for that line. Neal is a veteran player, and while it might seem a waste to have him in the bottom six, its sound hockey management. So, this is what it feels like to have depth … the Oilers were gifted an additional line at the deadline. Now the pieces need to find their places.

Go Oil! Go McDraisaitl! Yeah Cindy!

Last edited:
Reactions: oilynutz

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Dreading? That would be the best playoff series in decades. Would get higher viewer counts than most Stanley Cup finals. Everyone would tune into that bloodbath.

I wouldn't want to see if for the reason mentioned. Having a battle in the first round and losing players to injury. Nah, don't want it. seen several before and its usually a war of attrition. It comes down to whether people want the Oilers to go deep in playoffs or face the dirty Flames in round 1. With the Flames even though you win the likelihood is that crap club purposely takes out one of our star players. Probably in the elimination game.

ABC

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
It'll be interesting to see if Tipp makes some line changes to get some fresh legs in or sticks with the same lineup that we had in Dallas.. I would say Chiasson out for Haas but its hard to do after that OT goal the other night to do that

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Do we go back to Smith or stick with Koskinen? I would go Koskinen, give Smith a break, but I know Tipp loves Smith.

Not overly confident in this game, Chicago has won 3 in a row. Boys better be ready.

EDIT: brain fart listed Lehner as G for Chicago.

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I was curious just exactly how accurate that statement was, so I looked up both ours and their playoff history.

Flames
DecadeAppearancesRounds Won
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Oilers
*1980 playoff appearance for the Oilers not counted, since the Flames weren't in Calgary
DecadeAppearancesRounds Won
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
To be more accurate to recent playoff success, the Flames have won 1 playoff series since 03-04.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad