RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Archibald-Sheahan-Kassian
Athanasiou-Khaira-Chiasson

Nurse-Bear
Jones-Larsson
K. Russell-Benning

Smith
Koskinen

Hard to argue with this forward lineup. Only thing I'd consider is having Ennis and Neal switch wings.

Reactions: Cypress

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
That’s shocking actually. “Need him” is quite the stretch though considering he’s our worst forward.
AA right now is playing like out worst forward..... despite his limited skillset Khaira at least looks like he gives a shit

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I literally said besides that goal in the post you quoted, I expect the lineup to stay the same but I do think Haas brings more than Chiasson 5v5 and Chiasson and Neal fill the same roll in the lineup so it's a bit redundant.

Have to agree to disagree. Haas brings nearly nothing for his 9 mins and playoffs is another animal where he will be less effective. Neal is a career goal scorer. Chaisson is a career 4th liner.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Lightning probably said the same thing last year about Columbus. They even got swept, but they belonged in the playoffs.

Calgary IMO is the weakest team to up against in the West. If you cannot beat them in the playoffs, you probably are not that good.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
How historic is the Oilers PP? I searched back to 1995-1996 before I became too bored; no team came close to 29.9%. I know the Habs have the highest percentage of 31.8%, but I have no idea where the Oilers' percentage ranks all-time.

If the season ended right now, we'd be 5th all time. Behind only Dynasty level Montreal and Islander teams that could score more than once per pp.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
If the season ended right now, we'd be 5th all time. Behind only Dynasty level Montreal and Islander teams that could score more than once per pp.

Forgot that rule change to slow down the 80s Oilers. With that in mind a better comparator may be G/60 but they didn't track that back then.

Nevermind. That happened back in the 50s, so it doesn't apply. The Oiler rule was coincidental penalties keeping play at 5 on 5.

Last edited:

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
Forgot that rule change to slow down the 80s Oilers. With that in mind a better comparator may be G/60 but doubt that was available back then.

Ending a powerplay after a goal was scored was a rule change from the 50's to slow down the Canadiens. You're probably thinking of the "coincidental minors offset and result in 5on5 instead of 4on4" rule change that was to slow down the 80s Oilers from trying to spend ten minutes a night playing 4on4.

Reactions: bone

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Ending a powerplay after a goal was scored was a rule change from the 50's to slow down the Canadiens. You're probably thinking of the "coincidental minors offset and result in 5on5 instead of 4on4" rule change that was to slow down the 80s Oilers from trying to spend ten minutes a night playing 4on4.

Yup. Caught myself after typing that. Thanks.

Reactions: StupidGenius

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad