Pre-Game Talk: Going for four in Chicago

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
That is very original and in no way already mentioned.

3ri8ne.jpg

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
The points in Dallas may be "found money" but that money still needs to be invested correctly.

I want to see the Oilers win as many as possible down the stretch.

They need to stay focused, play smart, and play hard.

Chicago has played well the last few weeks don't let off the gas.

Exactly. This game is important because our upcoming schedule is ridiculously difficult. Need to beat the teams we're supposed to beat.

Reactions: Aerchon

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
How historic is the Oilers PP? I searched back to 1995-1996 before I became too bored; no team came close to 29.9%. I know the Habs have the highest percentage of 31.8%, but I have no idea where the Oilers' percentage ranks all-time.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
How historic is the Oilers PP? I searched back to 1995-1996 before I became too bored; no team came close to 29.9%. I know the Habs have the highest percentage of 31.8%, but I have no idea where the Oilers' percentage ranks all-time.

I believe it's Top 4 all time.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Interesting to see what the line up is. I assume it will be more or less the same with Russell/Haas sitting. I dont like Haas will be sitting but after last game, they arent going to take Chiasson out.

I hope they go with:

AA/Ennis - McDavid - Kassian
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
AA/Ennis - Sheahan - Archibald
Whatever.

I just like Archibald with Sheahan personally.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Exactly. This game is important because our upcoming schedule is ridiculously difficult. Need to beat the teams we're supposed to beat.
what's difficult about it? Of our 16 remaining games, we have 1 back to back, 10 at home. Travel heavily favors us after this Chicago game. It's a short eastern trip, and then well spaced home games, with our last game in Calgary.

9 of our games are against teams lower than us in the standings.

We have some games against bottom feeders too: Anaheim x 2, SJ, Ottawa.

The Isles, Lightning and Capitals are slumping now.

Vegas is super hot right now, but I like that we have the chance to play them twice. Makes it meaningful late.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This should be an easy win. Which of course means it will be a hard fought game and difficult to predict.

I worry less about games against good opponents. This should mean that I am strange..

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I dunno, I think getting Haas in the lineup would add a burst of energy and besides that OT goal Chiasson hasn't been that impactful

Impactful? It won us the game! Broke an 11 game goal-less streak he had. Nay nay - Chaisson will be in for sure.

Tip doesn’t like to mess with a winning combination and from his post game presser said he’s been thinking of JJ at center for a while now and seems to want to see where it goes. The line was effective and heavy. Could be an effective 4th line in heavy playoff hockey.

JJ at Center forces him to skate more and be more engaged in the game. Haas has been playing 8-9 minutes of uneventful hockey and doesn’t PK. Looks like he and Russell may be the depth parts on forward for the time being.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
what's difficult about it? Of our 16 remaining games, we have 1 back to back, 10 at home. Travel heavily favors us after this Chicago game. It's a short eastern trip, and then well spaced home games, with our last game in Calgay.

We have some games against bottom feeders too: Anaheim x 2, SJ, Ottawa.

The Isles, Lightning and Capitals are slumping now.

Vegas is super hot right now, but I like that we have the chance to play them twice. Makes it meaningful late.

I think we have the easiest schedule out of the teams we’re competing with.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Impactful? It won us the game! Broke an 11 game goal-less streak he had. Nay nay - Chaisson will be in for sure.

Tip doesn’t like to mess with a winning combination and from his post game presser said he’s been thinking of JJ at center for a while now and seems to want to see where it goes. The line was effective and heavy. Could be an effective 4th line in heavy playoff hockey.

JJ at Center forces him to skate more and be more engaged in the game. Haas has been playing 8-9 minutes of uneventful hockey and doesn’t PK. Looks like he and Russell may be the depth parts on forward for the time being.

I literally said besides that goal in the post you quoted, I expect the lineup to stay the same but I do think Haas brings more than Chiasson 5v5 and Chiasson and Neal fill the same roll in the lineup so it's a bit redundant.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010

I know Khaira gets alot of bashing on this board but he'll be helpfull during the playoffs when we face big and heavy teams like St Louis or Vegas... keep in mind that we have a pretty small team.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I know Khaira gets alot of bashing on this board but he'll be helpfull during the playoffs when we face big and heavy teams like St Louis or Vegas... keep in mind that we have a pretty small team.
JJ doesn’t use his big body.

destro909

Jan 3, 2008
Lines from Stauffer:

Neal-McDavid-Ennis
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Archibald-Sheahan-Kassian
Athanasiou-Khaira-Chiasson

Nurse-Bear
Jones-Larsson
K. Russell-Benning

Smith
Koskinen

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
ith our last game in Calgary.

I think we have the easiest schedule out of the teams we’re competing with.
Minnesota's is similar. Kings, Ducks, Knights, Flyers, Preds x2, Blackhawks x2, Jets, Avalanche, Devils, Sabres, Blues, Islanders, Capitals. The difference being that more of their games are on the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad