Pre-Game Talk: Going for four in Chicago

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
This should be an easy win. Which of course means it will be a hard fought game and difficult to predict.

I worry less about games against good opponents. This should mean that I am strange..
Don't really understand how this should be an easy win? Everywhere I see Chicago as a slight favourite, home-ice advantage matters. And this is 2nd game in 5 days for CHI with no travel. 3rd game in 4 days for Oilers with a lot of travel.

Dom Luszczyszyn's model 44.6% - 55.4%
Moneypuck.com 47.1% - 52.9%
Betting market ~46.5% - 53.5%

All in favour of Chicago. If you think you are a lot wiser than betting market as a whole you could make tons of money.

Last edited:

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Don't really understand how this should be an easy win? Everywhere I see Chicago as a slight favourite, home-ice advantage matters. And this is 2nd game in 5 days for CHI whit no travel. 3rd game in 4 nights for Oilers with a lot of travel.

Dom Luszczyszyn's model 44.6% - 55.4%
Moneypuck.com 47.1% - 52.9%
Betting market ~46.5% - 53.5%

All in favour of Chicago. If you think you are a lot wiser than betting market as a whole you could make tons of money.

There is no such thing in the NHL as an easy win.

Reactions: Aerchon

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
There is no such thing in the NHL as an easy win.

Well there are. But when the easy ones happen it's not as predictable as just looking at the standings. Every team is good enough to beat the best on any given night. But any team can also drop a real stink bomb.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Well there are. But when the easy ones happen it's not as predictable as just looking at the standings. Every team is good enough to beat the best on any given night. But any team can also drop a real stink bomb.

And teams still have to work for wins is all I was getting at.
The easy wins usually happen when teams show up looking for the easy wins.......only for the other guys.

Reactions: bone

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Kane Toews and Kubalik will be a tough matchup, need to keep these guys off the PP. I think we pull it out though, 4-3 in OT.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Although we are all hoping for a win, should we lose, I hope we leave Chicago a healthy group. Getting back home with a healthy roster, and potentially Klefbom, should be viewed as a positive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad