Pre-Game Talk: Going for four in Chicago

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Honestly, I'm not even chaffed if we lose this game. This has already been a successful road trip.

That being said I wouldn't mind building another snowman.

Winning in Dallas is like found money, so the result isn't as crucial in this one as expected, but another win here where they should be able to do it would certainly be helpful in case of wobble with the schedule difficulty coming up a few games out (4 of 5 against, Flyers, Capitals, Islanders and Lightning).

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Winning in Dallas is like found money, so the result isn't as crucial in this one as expected, but another win here where they should be able to do it would certainly be helpful in case of wobble with the schedule difficulty coming up a few games out (4 of 5 against, Flyers, Capitals, Islanders and Lightning).
Right, you certainly hope they win, but the Dallas win provides a nice cushion.

And they looked dog tired last game.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Agreed about the Dallas game, I would have been happy with a point and was delighted with 2 points. A loss would have been easy to digest. A win in Chicago would be really nice though

Reactions: nally

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
If Haas could be used as a PKer he could be a very valuable 4th line center. Much more so than Jujar that’s for sure.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
If Haas could be used as a PKer he could be a very valuable 4th line center. Much more so than Jujar that’s for sure.

Yeah, I really don't understand why he hasn't been. Seems to be a player suited for it: fast, good stick, smart defensive positioning, doesn't really make dumb plays like JJ.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Yeah, I really don't understand why he hasn't been. Seems to be a player suited for it: fast, good stick, smart defensive positioning, doesn't really make dumb plays like JJ.

Coaching staff doesnt seem to trust/love him for whatever reason. I think part of it is, the PP/PK have been so good, so why change the personnel?

I could see him going to another team next season (assuming he doesnt go back to Europe) and putting up 15+ goals and being a pretty good contributor. I just feel like the Oilers havent really put him in a position to succeed or used him to the best of his abilities.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
The points in Dallas may be "found money" but that money still needs to be invested correctly.

I want to see the Oilers win as many as possible down the stretch.

They need to stay focused, play smart, and play hard.

Chicago has played well the last few weeks don't let off the gas.

Reactions: nally and bone

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Go Oilers. And with respect to @Mowzie (good thread man)...yes we can have a little class and respect for others with some eye candy.

KEaFPOM.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->