GM Chuck Fletcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Unless it was dirt ass cheap I wouldn't. Crawford isn't faring much better than who we have on a defense that is at least comparable to ours. Quick will be 33 next month with a million years left on his deal and he seems to be constantly battling some kind of injury. I am not opposed to getting either, but I really wouldn't give up much. Any idea what the asking price would be?

I would guess the ask on Crawford is around a 2 plus a solid but unspectacular prospect.

Quick I don't even want to hazard a guess, but as you said, the contract is just absurd -- 4 × 5.8 left, turning 33 next month. They're likely just going to ride that out.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Am I the only one not sold on stolarz? Not even judging good or bad but I need more than this short stint to anoint him.
No. I’m certainly not, either. He’s capable of big stops, but he gives up a lot of weak ones. May be NHL backup material right now, but not really the starter you want.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Here’s an idea....

1. Trade for Tarasenko
2. Fire Hakstol/Hire Quenneville
3. Trade Simmonds+Voracek
4. Sign Panarin this Summer to join Tarasenko and Q.

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Panarin-Patrick-Tarasenko
JVR-Frost-Lindblom

Still assets and cap room to get a goalie+top defenseman.

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
How do we have the worst pk in hockey for 3-4 years and the same guy is employed as the pk coach. Right now we’re the worst pp and pk team in the league. I’d like to see Sanheim put on the top unit. I honestly don’t care who this offends because there’s so many Ghost homers on here, guy isn’t that great, I’d be willing to trade him for the right piece. Dude folds in the playoffs hard and he’s not even the straw the stirs the drink on the PP it’s Giroux. I think Sanheim could take his spot easily.
Thank you, been saying this all season.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I'm comfortable with Stolie as a backup. In an ideal situation we'd have a decent number one and Stolie backup.

Neuvirth still on this team until Elliot is healthy, then a decision has to be made...honestly shouldn't be tough.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Wait...so NOT firing Hak sends a message that you don't know what you're doing at the top level.

:huh:

If you're going to just fire a guy, slap an interim tag on someone else and then hire another coach it demonstrates that you're a mickey mouse organization with no sense of long term thinking.

This isn't like working at a MacDonalds where firing the guy with a brown hat doesn't make any difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Curufinwe

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If you're going to just fire a guy, slap an interim tag on someone else and then hire another coach it demonstrates that you're a mickey mouse organization with no sense of long term thinking.

This isn't like working at a MacDonalds where you firing the guy with a brown hat doesn't make any difference.

Plenty of teams have used the interim tag. There are two interim coachs in the NHL right now (Desjardins and Berube). It doesnt signify anything other than the HC needed to get fired.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Neither of those guys will be fired before the season ends, though.

Am I the only one not sold on stolarz? Not even judging good or bad but I need more than this short stint to anoint him.

I'm sold on him playing ahead of Neuvirth. When Elliott is fit, Stolie can be the 1B.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011

This isn't like working at a MacDonalds where you firing the guy with a brown hat doesn't make any difference.
The fact that Hack still has a job speaks volumes about the franchise, post Mr. Snider

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Plenty of teams have used the interim tag. There are two interim coachs in the NHL right now (Desjardins and Berube). It doesnt signify anything other than the HC needed to get fired.

How many of them use the interim tag just to hire another coach two weeks later? If you're going to hire Q, then skip the interim tag and hire him whenever. Flopping things around a whole bunch of times doesn't do any good.

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
I’m convinced that they already have an agreement from Q to be the next head coach of the flyers and he just wants to spend the holidays with his family before coming to coach. It’s the only way this makes any sense as to why haks still here.

Cue the “why would Q want to come here when he’s making 6 mil this year to do nothing post”

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I’m convinced that they already have an agreement from Q to be the next head coach of the flyers and he just wants to spend the holidays with his family before coming to coach. It’s the only way this makes any sense as to why haks still here.

Cue the “why would Q want to come here when he’s making 6 mil this year to do nothing post”

Yeah, there's no reason whatsoever that Q wouldn't want to come here - it's a nice situation for him in every way. The arguments against that are just stupid.

Reactions: Grebinator

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Here’s an idea....

1. Trade for Tarasenko
2. Fire Hakstol/Hire Quenneville
3. Trade Simmonds+Voracek
4. Sign Panarin this Summer to join Tarasenko and Q.

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Panarin-Patrick-Tarasenko
JVR-Frost-Lindblom

Still assets and cap room to get a goalie+top defenseman.

These are always my favorite plans. Here, it's super easy. Just make 6 huge deals and everything is fixed. If I can figure it out, how dumb can they be?

What are you giving up for Tarasenko that St Louis would accept and would top all other offers?

How do you figure there would still be cap space to make significant additions? Are you taking back zero salary in a Voracek deal?

Is there a Defense? Or is that the answer to all of my other questions and Pavel Kubina is on a flight out here to retake his throne?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
These are always my favorite plans. Here, it's super easy. Just make 6 huge deals and everything is fixed. If I can figure it out, how dumb can they be?

What are you giving up for Tarasenko that St Louis would accept and would top all other offers?

How do you figure there would still be cap space to make significant additions? Are you taking back zero salary in a Voracek deal?

Is there a Defense? Or is that the answer to all of my other questions and Pavel Kubina is on a flight out here to retake his throne?

My favorite are all the "I'm OK with trading Myers" proposals when our D still isn't fixed lolz. Pietrangelo? ****'s sake.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If you’re fortunate enough to sign Panarin that’s pretty much going to be your only big move given he’s likely costing you $10-11M a year.

It’s pretty hard to move big salary long term contracts in today’s without pretty much taking a bath all around. So unless you just really want to get rid of the player often times it’s just not worth it.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
My favorite are all the "I'm OK with trading Myers" proposals when our D still isn't fixed lolz. Pietrangelo? ****'s sake.

He'll come up and have some flashes, then be untouchable for about 3 weeks, at which point there will be entirely too many Defensemen in the org and the merits of a straight up deal for Kapanen can be debated. But not really. Just to see his value. You know, the sane route.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I think there are only 3 possible reasons that Hakstol has a job

1) Chuck Fletcher is also a moron.
2) Somehow, someway, the players actually like Hakstol and have gone to bat for him.
3) Hakstol is actually Ed Snider.

Reactions: macleish1974
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad