GM Chuck Fletcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doodootheclown

Oct 24, 2011
DelCo

I figure it’s probably good to have a thread for our new GM moving forward, instead of sifting through the other ones.

At 4:30 of the video Fletcher talks about what he wants the identity of the Flyers play style moving forward. If he holds true to it, I think most of us will be very happy.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
tenor.gif

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009

I figure it’s probably good to have a thread for our new GM moving forward, instead of sifting through the other ones.

At 4:30 of the video Fletcher talks about what he wants the identity of the Flyers play style moving forward. If he holds true to it, I think most of us will be very happy.

No JJ, fans are clamoring for Hak to be fired first and foremost.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Fletcher specifically mentioned Voracek as being the type of player that can play his identity of hockey and a type they need to continue to find.

UH OH! :laugh:

The lack of mentioning Simmonds would lead me to believe that he'll be the first to be moved. It was Giroux - > TK -> Voracek. I can't see Couturier being moved either and I think moving JVR is just optically bad looking for the organization (to players). Moving Simmonds will shake things up as well.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So far he’s certainly coming across well in interviews, as far as what he thinks is important in modern hockey and how he thinks you build a team like that.

So long as he follows through with what he’s saying, we should in pretty good shape.

Obviously best case scenario is Hakstol’s fired immediately, but I can stomach waiting until the offseason if that’s what it takes. This year isn’t a lost cause yet, but it may be better for us in the big picture if we get one last lottery pick before starting to actually compete (which isn’t happening this year even if we do make the playoffs). If Hakstol sticks around until summer and personally delivers us a great pick, it’d be a nice going away present.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So far he’s certainly coming across well in interviews, as far as what he thinks is important in modern hockey and how he thinks you build a team like that.

So long as he follows through with what he’s saying, we should in pretty good shape.

Obviously best case scenario is Hakstol’s fired immediately, but I can stomach waiting until the offseason if that’s what it takes. This year isn’t a lost cause yet, but it may be better for us in the big picture if we get one last lottery pick before starting to actually compete (which isn’t happening this year even if we do make the playoffs). If Hakstol sticks around until summer and personally delivers us a great pick, it’d be a nice going away present.

I'm taking that with a Himalayan Salt Chunk Lamp Thing.

Hakstol came across well in interviews with interesting ideas. The execution of those ideas was, as the French say, a heaping pile of les entrails.

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Just get a god damn return for Simmonds. That's your only real job this season Fletcher.
Get a 1st round pick back please, he's pretty cost controlled at <4m - shit, make it even more enticing for another team by retaining some $$$, we have some room to spare.
Bonus points if we send the guy somewhere he can win a cup.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I found it interesting Fletcher thinks about 20 prospects had a legit chance to become NHL players. That seems pretty accurate to me.

IIRC, in the introductory press conference he said he'd never scene anything like it. While maybe that's an exaggeration, it's not a big one. No doubt he'll be looking to package a couple.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Fletcher specifically mentioned Voracek as being the type of player that can play his identity of hockey and a type they need to continue to find.

UH OH! :laugh:

Said "can", not "does."
Note he talked about Giroux and TK first.
Though to be fair to Jake, he is around the net a lot more the last few games than I've ever seen.
Hmm, maybe he's reading my posts?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm taking that with a Himalayan Salt Chunk Lamp Thing.

Hakstol came across well in interviews with interesting ideas. The execution of those ideas was, as the French say, a heaping pile of les entrails.
Of course.

Talks cheap, but at least it’s a start, I guess. Better than him sounding like an idiot from the beginning.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just get a god damn return for Simmonds. That's your only real job this season Fletcher.
Get a 1st round pick back please, he's pretty cost controlled at <4m - ****, make it even more enticing for another team by retaining some $$$, we have some room to spare.
Bonus points if we send the guy somewhere he can win a cup.

His only real job this season is firing Hakstol. I can actually live with keeping Simmer and him walking at the end of the season. We have an abundance of futures. It's not the best asset management but it happens all the time.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Firing Hakstol is irrelevant, finding a suitable replacement, that's the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->