GM Chuck Fletcher (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
The reported "ask" from Chuck is a top 6 forward + 1st rounder...

Nash, Bos, Leafs and Jets all sniffing around... for Wayne Simmonds.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Lol...dear lord. Not a chance we get the 1st 2...and Little we would not want with that contract and term. Remind me never to believe what this Matt guy says.

https://thehockeywriters.com/winnipeg-jets-simmonds-good-fit-roster/

I spoke to my THW colleague and Flyers writer Matt Mastrogiovanni to see what the team may want in exchange for Simmonds. He suggested they could demand an established top-six forward.
“It’s tough to pick out one specific player that the Jets would be willing to part ways with,” Mastrogiovanni said. “However, personally I’d say Ehlers, Connor, and Little would be good returns for Philadelphia along with a possible mid-range/high-range draft pick.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Lol...dear lord. Not a chance we get the 1st 2...and Little we would not want with that contract and term. Remind me never to believe what this Matt guy says.

Winnipeg Jets Could Make a Wayne Simmonds Trade Work

I spoke to my THW colleague and Flyers writer Matt Mastrogiovanni to see what the team may want in exchange for Simmonds. He suggested they could demand an established top-six forward.
“It’s tough to pick out one specific player that the Jets would be willing to part ways with,” Mastrogiovanni said. “However, personally I’d say Ehlers, Connor, and Little would be good returns for Philadelphia along with a possible mid-range/high-range draft pick.

Make it bigger and get Trouba in there too.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Hextall promoted a 20 year old Scott Laughton to the team due to an injury to Giroux when Laughton had only played 13 AHL games. Giroux ended up missing zero games, the ultimate short term injury.

What Fletcher has done in 2019 with carrying only 6 healthy dmen even though he had plenty of cap space and roster spots available via IR is totally abnormal behavior for an NHL GM. It would have served him right if Folin had got hurt in warmups and the Flyers had been forced to play a game with 5 dmen.

Defense is different than bottom 6 forward. I very much doubt Hextall would call up Myers before he had a regular full-time opening. Having him as a limited-minute fill in for a few games & then getting sent back down — I doubt it. Hextall would just have Folin step in short term, which is exactly what Hextall signed Folin for.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Pretty sure Simmonds will end up returning a late 1st+conditional pick w/ the condition being whether or not he resigns. Winnipeg, Nashville, and Tampa seem like the most logical fits.

There’s a number of good forwards available but Simmonds should be the top UFA forward after Stone/Duchene. I don’t expect Panarin to be dealt.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The reported "ask" from Chuck is a top 6 forward + 1st rounder...

Nash, Bos, Leafs and Jets all sniffing around... for Wayne Simmonds.

That would be a heck of a return. Hopefully the teams will bid against themselves, not wanting Simmonds to end up with a rival contender.

Reactions: hatcher

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Having Carolina getting back into the playoff race would be good for us as it could mean that Ferland gets taken off the trade market. He is likely the other "power forward" type that could get moved so if other teams don't have that option, Simmonds gets all the attention/focus.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Curious if Fletcher would try to go the offer sheet route this summer. Not necessarily for one of the top guys but somebody like Connor or Kapanen.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Hilarious that so many teams will (hopefully) be bidding for him. He's been pure trash. Lol

It would be like all of us fighting over a butt ugly woman :laugh:

(FYI Hatch would win...he can have her).

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Hilarious that so many teams will (hopefully) be bidding for him. He's been pure trash. Lol

Sucks in philly but will join a real team that will get him going again. Flyers are finished.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

We don't even know if teams are bidding over him. We do know that absolutely braindead beat writers are bidding over him though lol

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
The preds make the most sense for Simmonds. They are a team that will go to the boards and not play east and west. That’s more of a system for Simmonds. I don’t know how much he would produce with the jets. He would be a step behind on a team like that.

Nashville has Tolvanen who hasn’t really blown them away like everyone thought. Maybe him and a pick is what fletcher could ask for. They have the space to re-sign Simmer too

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The preds make the most sense for Simmonds. They are a team that will go to the boards and not play east and west. That’s more of a system for Simmonds. I don’t know how much he would produce with the jets. He would be a step behind on a team like that.

Nashville has Tolvanen who hasn’t really blown them away like everyone thought. Maybe him and a pick is what fletcher could ask for. They have the space to re-sign Simmer too

Would be pretty funny if we ended up with Tolvanen after all of that nonsense in 2017.

I'd be happy with a 1-for-1 Tolvanen for Simmonds. He is worth taking a gamble on to see if his development takes off.

Reactions: Tripod

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

https://thehockeywriters.com/winnipeg-jets-simmonds-good-fit-roster/

Just to add context for the half-hearted defense of the original writer (Declan Schroeder), he added later on:
However, it only makes sense at the right price. If what Mastrogiovanni says is true, and the Flyers demand Ehlers, Connor or Little, don’t expect the Jets to move forward. Trading away any of those three would be, at best, a lateral move and sacrifice long-term success for potential short-term gain. That’s not Cheveldayoff’s game.

I am trying to temper my expectations on Simmonds. A 1st would be great, and would hopefully be used to add to a bigger deal for a legitimate top line / pairing player. Beyond that is (as someone posted on the main board) gravy.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just to add context for the half-hearted defense of the original writer (Declan Schroeder), he added later on:

I am trying to temper my expectations on Simmonds. A 1st would be great, and would hopefully be used to add to a bigger deal for a legitimate top line / pairing player. Beyond that is (as someone posted on the main board) gravy.

Gimme a 2nd + B prospect and i'm happy. Simmonds is garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad