GM Chuck Fletcher (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
In the Duchene trade Colorado got players from both Ottawa and Nashville.

To Ottawa: C Matt Duchene
To Nashville: C Kyle Turris
To Colorado: OTT 1st-round pick, OTT 3rd-round pick, C Shane Bowers, G Andrew Hammond(from Ottawa); NSH 2nd-round pick, D Samuel Girard, LW Vladislav Kamenev (from Nashville)

Colorado got all this for Matt Duchene and Edmonton got Adam Larsson for Taylor Hall.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I just hope the Flyers get that Oilers “luck” with draft position this draft you know like the #1 spot, or the #2 again hell top 5 would be the tits

Reactions: Jtown

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I just hope the Flyers get that Oilers “luck” with draft position this draft you know like the #1 spot, or the #2 again hell top 5 would be the ****

I want Jack.

This organization more than anything imo needs to find a replacement for Giroux. Not to say a guy like Patrick can’t be that player, but it’s somewhat like playing the odds. The more talent, the better the chances.

G is a true star, but that torch will have to be handed down at some point. They are bad enough, and hopefully lucky enough to win him. Crazy things happen, and I am hopeful.

It’s basically Carter Hart keeping this thing from really becoming even worse at this point.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think by the TDL we'll have a better feel for Fletcher.
Given all the assets at his disposal, he doesn't have to make major "steals," he can even overpay slightly, he just has to obtain the right assets/players to finish the rebuild.
If they buy veteran players at inflated costs when they're out of the playoffs we'll know he's spineless (won't stand up to Homer or Scott) or a fool.
If he can obtain good value for our veterans and start to reshape the roster, we can breath a sign of relief.

The next stage will be June, when he has to use those assets (draft picks, prospects and cap room) to add key pieces.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Would love the 1st overall.

But I don't want it until the generational is thrown around all the time.

I'll take the 2nd pick if we get the next generational too....

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
True...generational has been too loose of a term of late. But we definitely deserve an immediate impact player or star. It's a joke that Pitt got Lemieux, Crosby, Jagr and Malkin.....complete joke!
If the league were smart they would give it to the Flyers. I am sure it’s great business that the franchise owned by their tv partner and one of the top draws league wide is in the toilet. Instead the league will keep the lottery honest and he will end up in Edmonton and they will still miss the playoffs.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If the league were smart they would give it to the Flyers. I am sure it’s great business that the franchise owned by their tv partner and one of the top draws league wide is in the toilet. Instead the league will keep the lottery honest and he will end up in Edmonton and they will still miss the playoffs.

I've always been suspicious of the lottery. Too many convenient results over the years.

Crosby to Pitt when they were floundering.
Kane to Chicago when they were so irrelevant that their home games were not televised.
Matthews to Toronto when they were floundering.

Even Nico and Nolan to Philly was convenient, two stories franchises that were struggling and they get the big lottery wins.

Meanwhile, teams like Arizona never win.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I used to really respect that guy but he’s such a corporate fanboy now. Even his articles, used to enjoy reading and now it’s just bland generalizations with NO OPINIONS or emotion. I get he has to be this way working for the team, but it’s very meh.

He knows his prospects and I enjoy that part of his “updates”.

In the comments of HB, if you ask a question he usually answers a bit more truthfully. But yeah, his articles have gotten a bit watered down.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I am not worried about Chuck not making any deals yet. Its been quiet around the league anyway on the trade front. I also dont think that trading Weal meant they like Varone instead. Varone is the short term option at 4C just like Weal was. Probably going to take awhile for Fletcher to get rid of Hextall's garbage.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
i'm guessing farmer isn't hurt that bad,and if needed can come off of ir to play. think the ir thing is so he doesn't look bad by being healthy scratched,and maybe someone will get desprate and trade for him.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hextall would have promoted Myers when MacDonald got hurt. He's missed two weeks/six games, and somehow Fletch thought it was fine to send Folin out there to fail in all six games.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Hextall would have promoted Myers when MacDonald got hurt. He's missed two weeks/six games, and somehow Fletch thought it was fine to send Folin out there to fail in all six games.
Doubtful; not with AMac out only short-term.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hextall promoted a 20 year old Scott Laughton to the team due to an injury to Giroux when Laughton had only played 13 AHL games. Giroux ended up missing zero games, the ultimate short term injury.

What Fletcher has done in 2019 with carrying only 6 healthy dmen even though he had plenty of cap space and roster spots available via IR is totally abnormal behavior for an NHL GM. It would have served him right if Folin had got hurt in warmups and the Flyers had been forced to play a game with 5 dmen.

Reactions: Here4ThaList

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Hextall would have called up TJ and would have been too scared of such a young d with Myers.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hextall would have called up TJ and would have been too scared of such a young d with Myers.

The defense was younger last year under Hextall than it is right now.

Brennan never played an NHL game under Hextall.

Hextall put Sanheim on the team after one season and 81 total AHL games. Myers is now up to 101 over a season and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->