GM Chuck Fletcher (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Gimme a 2nd + B prospect and i'm happy. Simmonds is garbage.
lol.

Not gonna lie, I pray we get a return from a team that overpays just so I can read the reactions on the main boards! And a big part of me wants him to go to the Leafs, and have them fail anyways against Boston in the 1st round!

Also...3 games left until we have 9 days off. So maybe something happens that week!

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
lol.

Not gonna lie, I pray we get a return from a team that overpays just so I can read the reactions on the main boards! And a big part of me wants him to go to the Leafs, and have them fail anyways against Boston in the 1st round!

Also...3 games left until we have 9 days off. So maybe something happens that week!

I'm not sure if anything is ever going to happen for this team, ever lol.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The fact that Simmonds is garbage does not mean you give him away when there is high demand for him.

Of course Fletcher, like any decent GM, should maximize return on a player when there is high demand. If he is receiving multiple signs of interest, I hope he has the savvy to play GMs against each other and drive up the price. We know, though, how this scenario has the potential to blow up, like an injury to Simmonds. The additional concern of mine, and the reason I am trying to keep my eagerness of returns in check, is that we know the media are all over the map with rumours and speculation. We see a player who is a shadow of his former self, and while there have certainly been cases of overpaying for a player on reputation, especially near the TDL, the tsunami of rumours flying around as the TDL approaches is generally not worth much of anything.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
FLetcher will add to Simmonds to get what he needs.
I agree. They can throw in someone like Raffl, or potentially just retain up to 50% of Simmonds contract to maximize his value. I have said all along and maintain that the Flyers will get a late first round pick and another piece like a B level prospect, penalty killing 3rd/4th line forward, or conditional pick.

Reactions: hatcher

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Simmers return I think comes down to how many teams will fight for his rights. Seems like there are a few who would like him, I am sure the value will be good.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Late 1st and marginal prospect (3rd/4th rd value) is probably Simmonds value, he's a rental, and he's a tinker toy, not a top 6 guy, you're getting him for toughness in the playoffs and scoring on the PP, not his 5x5 play.

Voracek, if you can work out the money, is probably worth a 1st and NHL ready prospect who's a late 1st/high 2nd rd value).
Take some money back and you can sweeten the deal, like the B Schenn trade.

Reactions: hatcher

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Voracek is worth more than that, that's the going rate for rentals and Voracek is locked up for years. Evander Kane is a comparable player to Voracek but with off-ice/character questions, netted a 1st/4th as a rental. Shattenkirk was a rental who netted a 1st and a 2nd.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I wonder if Gordon was consulted on calling up Hart, or if Fletcher made the decision based on what he saw on his own. Either way, kid is way ahead of schedule per my expectations and I hope fans are patient with him while he finds his way. The ceiling is blatantly there.

I very much dislike carrying only 6 dmen though. That's only one bad chicken wing away from playing with 5 guys.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Fletcher actually sent down Lyon to make way for Hart. It has worked out really well, so he deserves credit for making a bold move in promoting a 20 year old goalie. But it just makes it all the more frustrating that's been too timid to promote Myers.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I wonder if Gordon was consulted on calling up Hart, or if Fletcher made the decision based on what he saw on his own. Either way, kid is way ahead of schedule per my expectations and I hope fans are patient with him while he finds his way. The ceiling is blatantly there.

I very much dislike carrying only 6 dmen though. That's only one bad chicken wing away from playing with 5 guys.

I still would hope they find a solid backup for next season. Can’t assume Hart can handle it for 50+ games, and I think its a bit unfair to him. If he does so, fine. If not? Can’t be throwing another season anyway.

Like the idea of a Cam Talbot, perhaps Khudobin if a reasonable deal could be found. Dubnyk is also appealing but think he costs too much and Minny seems to be foolish enough to think they don’t need to rebuild.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Gudas and Simmonds,Mac,Raffl on the block now and Weal already gone. Its a small start and we'll rip a few good trades at the draft and we'll have a new look boys.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Hart is NHL ready, he can handle 50 games standing on his head.
Very efficient goalie, played almost 70 games a year from 17-19 years old.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Gudas and Simmonds,Mac,Raffl on the block now and Weal already gone. Its a small start and we'll rip a few good trades at the draft and we'll have a new look boys.

Raffl is a hard working player who gives it all every shift. He's one of the better bottom six players in the league. He should be right up your alley, and if he were on another team you'd love to have him on the Flyers.

Yet here you are wanting him gone. What a shock.

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad