GM Chuck Fletcher (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
If we can land a Panarin/Stone....someone who can lead their own line, it's amazing how much better the lineup for next year can look.

Giroux Couts Konecny
JVR Frost Panarin/Stone
Lindblom Patrick Voracek
???? Laughton NAK
Weise

So that leaves 1 spot open and with Laughton being able to move to wing, it really can be anyone. If you get a jump in development from Patrick and Lindblom, all the sudden you could have 3 lines that can score as well as a 4th line that chips in now and then too.

What is obvious is that a guy like Lindblom needs to show things soon because very soon Farabee, Vorobyev, Allison, Laczynski, etc... will be getting their chance at his expense. Oh...and that there is not nearly enough spots for all our young guys so doing a quantity for quality trade can be done.

Imagine if somehow we DID add Hughes to that mix above. He could take over Frost, Frost moves to #3LW. Lindblom down to 4th line.

This is why trading Jake for picks doesn't make sense right now. Keep the higher end point guys and in time, you can move him if/when guys like Patrick, Farabee, Allison, etc... show they can take over the scoring. In the meantime, sell off: Simmonds, Raffl, Weal, Folin, any of the 5 goalies not named Hart.

Haven't we learned yet not to pencil in 20-21-year-olds as No. 2 center? Keep Giroux at center.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This is true, but its important to note that hes a big reason the PP sucks too.
Meh, I wouldn't say he's played great but I don't think he's too much to blame. He's been frustrating sometimes on the PP, but he's always been like that... while still getting a ton of points.

I really think that completely losing the Simmonds threat has made a massive impact (the amount of easy goals he's flubbed is insane) and they've also just had some bad luck outside of that. Honestly, I might even add Couturier in as a bigger problem on the PP since he's zero threat from that spot.

My suggestion had been to replace Simmonds with JVR and Couts with Patrick.

Reactions: Johnk0728

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Meh, I wouldn't say he's played great but I don't think he's too much to blame. He's been frustrating sometimes on the PP, but he's always been like that... while still getting a ton of points.

I really think that completely losing the Simmonds threat has made a massive impact (the amount of easy goals he's flubbed is insane) and they've also just had some bad luck outside of that. Honestly, I might even add Couturier in as a bigger problem on the PP since he's zero threat from that spot.

My suggestion had been to replace Simmonds with JVR and Couts with Patrick.

This is incorrect. His inability to shoot and his habit of forcing passes is a huge factor. Its led to PKs shading more towards Coots which has shut down the slot, which also takes time and space away from Giroux since his only pass options are usually Ghost and Simmonds.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Right now our No. 19 overall pick from 2018 is on pace to be our No. 7 center in 2021. Getting more picks who project to be our No. 7 center in 2022 and 2023 isn't ideal.

Picks are much more versatile assets than Voracek. They are very easily moveable and have predictable value. You could of course use them, or you could trade them for a player who you couldn't have traded Voracek for due to cap, fit issues, team needs, etc.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This is incorrect. His inability to shoot and his habit of forcing passes is a huge factor. Its led to PKs shading more towards Coots which has shut down the slot, which also takes time and space away from Giroux since his only pass options are usually Ghost and Simmonds.
I disagree. He’s the same as he’s been for years and the PP still worked fine up until this year.

He didn’t suddenly just lose his shot this year or start making bad decisions. That always happened, but he scored regardless so it wasn’t as much of a focus.

It’s the lack of PP success that’s making so many things seem different/worse with this team, when really they aren’t. The 5v5 scoring and defense are fine, but the special teams and goaltending are completely sinking the ship, both in individual play and team results.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Picks are much more versatile assets than Voracek. They are very easily moveable and have predictable value. You could of course use them, or you could trade them for a player who you couldn't have traded Voracek for due to cap, fit issues, team needs, etc.

Who do you want to trade two picks for?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If you think this team is miserable to watch now, try trading one of your only Forwards who can consistently carry the puck into the offensive zone and establish possession for a shooter.
This is the same as when people wanted to trade Giroux.

Shortsightedness and a lack of context for why the performance is how it is. Without that context it's hard to see why trading him is a mistake (just like it was important to realize G's production was because of injury).

As I just pointed out, it's the PP making him seem like Voraceks playing worse than he actually is, but that will get ignored by most.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Wouldn't we all consider a V for Tarasenko type trade better for us?

That's all I'm suggesting. I'm sure it won't happen, but if any kind of trade for a struggling GS on another team would help, I'd consider that.

I don't want to move him for picks or some kind of 5 nickels for a quarter type of crap deal either.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Wouldn't we all consider a V for Tarasenko type trade better for us?

That's all I'm suggesting. I'm sure it won't happen, but if any kind of trade for a struggling GS on another team would help, I'd consider that.

I don't want to move him for picks or some kind of 5 nickels for a quarter type of crap deal either.

yeah of course. I'm on record as saying the best thing the Flyers could do the rest of this season as far as deals is to acquire Tarasenko while his value is low.

Apparently he's available, but the price is sky high.

I'd still do it.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
This is the same as when people wanted to trade Giroux.

Shortsightedness and a lack of context for why the performance is how it is. Without that context it's hard to see why trading him is a mistake (just like it was important to realize G's production was because of injury).

As I just pointed out, it's the PP making him seem like Voraceks playing worse than he actually is, but that will get ignored by most.

Jake is no where near Giroux, people hating on G was irrational, Jake may not get 60 pts this year, that is HORRIBLE !

Is Simmers PP points down, maybe we keep him too ?

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
yeah of course. I'm on record as saying the best thing the Flyers could do the rest of this season as far as deals is to acquire Tarasenko while his value is low.

Apparently he's available, but the price is sky high.

I'd still do it.

I'd also prefer Tarasenko over picks, but that seems like a pipedream.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
So it's exactly the same then...

No its not, Giroux is 10 times the player Jake is and could carry Weise and Torgo on a line.

Jake is no where near Giroux, Jake cant even carry our 20 yr old star center as he develops.

If people are saying they would like to trade Jake for some sort of shoot first goal scorer, how the f*** is that irrational ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad