GM Chuck Fletcher (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
Simmer is on pace for about 36 points this year. How other GM's value Simmonds I don't know, but I wouldn't surrender a 1st for a player that is rapidly declining.

If you're looking for draft pick compensation for Simmonds, I think the best bet is to hope that a true contender - that knows its 1st round pick will be in the late 20s, if not early 30s - is willing to take him on hoping that he'll be able to contribute some timely scoring, toughness, and all of his other intangibles, for a long playoffs run. And if he doesn't bring that, they won't have an issue letting him just walk for the price of that late 1st rounder.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I still think Simmonds return will be solid. We may, however, have to endure him until the TD..

I believe the main core can be salvaged. I would hope Fletch is at least exploring trade options for V. I don't hate the guy but if he could return a goal scorer, I would do that.

Some new players through trade/FA/Call ups and a new coach will do wonders to reset this team next year.

We will 100% be lifeless turds for the remainder of this year though.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Everyone needs to come to grips with the fact that Voracek is not getting traded and probably shouldn't be.

A top 6 player with term is a difficult deal to hash out midseason and there just aren't appropriate trading partners.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Unlike Simmer, Voracek will be hard to trade. He's on a big contract and has been very hot and cold over the last few seasons. The best I'd hope for value-wise would be something similar to the Schenn deal.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility for a team to trade us a player that is having some problems and might need a change of scenery for Voracek. Of course Jake's contract is the issue here, but some teams might not have a problem with it if they feel like he is a 1st line player and is just a mess on a mess of a Flyers team.

Reactions: renberg

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
The most disappointing thing about Voracek this year is that he hasn't been able to help Patrick to take the next step. That was his job this season and he failed. He was supposed to be the leader of that 2nd line and he just disappeared. Very disappointing.

It seems that he needs players around him to make him better, not the other way around.

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
The most disappointing thing about Voracek this year is that he hasn't been able to help Patrick to take the next step. That was his job this season and he failed. He was supposed to be the leader of that 2nd line and he just disappeared. Very disappointing.

It seems that he needs players around him to make him better, not the other way around.
He's not a leader. That much is clear.

Tank it. Sell!

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Jake doesn’t carry the kids ( see Patrick), he needs to be carried and only plays well with certain centres. The exact opposite of Giroux

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah I'd def get rid of AMac. I just kind of ignore him at this point. At the very least bury him in the AHL since cap issues aren't really a thing next year even if they go hog wild in UFA spending.

Mark Stone I have never been a fan of. No real reason he is just one of those guys that I don't think is that good and just keep expecting him to fall off. Probably not logical but just a gut thing.

No no no no. It wont happen. He will still play if hes not bought out.

You're off on Stone.

He's probably the best defensive winger in the league while also being over a PPG this season on an awful team.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If we can land a Panarin/Stone....someone who can lead their own line, it's amazing how much better the lineup for next year can look.

Giroux Couts Konecny
JVR Frost Panarin/Stone
Lindblom Patrick Voracek
???? Laughton NAK
Weise

So that leaves 1 spot open and with Laughton being able to move to wing, it really can be anyone. If you get a jump in development from Patrick and Lindblom, all the sudden you could have 3 lines that can score as well as a 4th line that chips in now and then too.

What is obvious is that a guy like Lindblom needs to show things soon because very soon Farabee, Vorobyev, Allison, Laczynski, etc... will be getting their chance at his expense. Oh...and that there is not nearly enough spots for all our young guys so doing a quantity for quality trade can be done.

Imagine if somehow we DID add Hughes to that mix above. He could take over Frost, Frost moves to #3LW. Lindblom down to 4th line.

This is why trading Jake for picks doesn't make sense right now. Keep the higher end point guys and in time, you can move him if/when guys like Patrick, Farabee, Allison, etc... show they can take over the scoring. In the meantime, sell off: Simmonds, Raffl, Weal, Folin, any of the 5 goalies not named Hart.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Gonna just copy/paste what I said in another thread since people are discussing the same thing in here:

Voracek's scoring is due to the PP not working like it has for years (partially due to Simmonds being ****ed and partially due to bad luck). He's producing just like normal outside of that.

Currently he's pacing for 49 even strength points per 82 games.
Last year he had 50 even strength points in 82 games.
It's the 2nd highest EVP pace he's had since the lockout year in 2012-2013.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
This is actually a rare year where there could be some serious prize FA assets. Some might come off the market but potentially -

Panarin/Skinner/Stone/EK

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Gonna just copy/paste what I said in another thread since people are discussing the same thing in here:

Voracek's scoring is due to the PP not working like it has for years (partially due to Simmonds being ****ed and partially due to bad luck). He's producing just like normal outside of that.

Currently he's pacing for 49 even strength points per 82 games.
Last year he had 50 even strength points in 82 games.
It's the 2nd highest EVP pace he's had since the lockout year in 2012-2013.

This is true, but its important to note that hes a big reason the PP sucks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad