GM Chuck Fletcher (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Well G is waaay better than Crosby :sarcasm:

Weird how he and Kessel never really clicked. I guess different styles of play.

I'm skeptical he's available anyways and some Blues fans wonder if he's on a downward trajectory. Great hockey player though. Pretty solid defensively for a scorer too.

Accidentally quoted myself.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This season is no longer worth saving but I also don't think the roster should be blown up. Changes should, MUST, be made, but I do not think that should come in the form of a full teardown. My thoughts on what needs to be done before next season:

MUST BE TRADED AT OR BEFORE DEADLINE:
Simmer
Weal

TRADED IF IT IS A GOOD OFFER:
JVR

SHOULD BE TRADED ONLY IF ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY BY AN OFFER:
Gudas
One of our big time defensive prospects
Voracek

KEPT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES:
Giroux
Couturier
Patrick
Frizbee/Frost
Defensive prospects not traded in the above option

RE-SIGNED:
Raffl
Lehtera (JK)
All RFAs

Hopefully we wind up with the top pick and draft Hughes, and get at least one other first rounder. New coaching staff needs to be brought in pretty much from top to bottom. Some good UFAs to target would be the obvious Panarin, but there is also Silfverberg, Kevin Hayes, Jeff Skinner, Jordan Eberle, and Matt Duchene whom I believe are all set to be UFAs (using the sportrac website). Also if EK makes it to UFA I'd go after him. I think they definitely should sign a goalie but that is a tough call on where to go. Target Bob or Varlamov for a short-term starter while Hart backs up or give the reins to Hart fully and sign a clear backup (Koskinen? Stalock? Berube? Lack?)? Let the kids like Frost, Rubstov, NAK, etc. fill out the rest of the lineup. Also, am I the only one who thinks Vecchione should be playing over Varone?

I agree with most of this, except I don't consider Farabee untouchable and MacDonald cannot be on the Flyers in 19-20. He is a HUGE part of the losing culture of this team. He is the highest paid defensemen, the worst defensemen, and a supposed "leader" on one of the worst teams in the league. He needs to f***ing go finally. Buy his ass out this summer if you can't trade him. To those that will reply, "just waive him," f*** ALL THAT. He will find his way back into the lineup..the slippery f*** that he is. MacDonald must go this summer.

You also have to include Mark Stone as one of the UFAs to pursue.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Well G is waaay better than Crosby :sarcasm:

Weird how they never really clicked. I guess different styles of play.

I'm skeptical he's available anyways and some Blues fans wonder if he's on a downward trajectory. Great hockey player though. Pretty solid defensively for a scorer too.
Fat as f*** too. Would be a new lard.

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I’d let Raffl walk. I appreciate everything he’s done for the team, but he’s exactly the type of 4th line player you don’t give a $2.5m contract to in his 30s. You have to clear out space for the younger guys like NAK.

Why let him walk? If the Flyers have no intention of bringing him back, you trade him at the deadline

But I agree that we should move on from him

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Why let him walk? If the Flyers have no intention of bringing him back, you trade him at the deadline

But I agree that we should move on from him
By “let him walk” I simply meant I wouldn’t re-sign him. Of course I’d try to trade him.

JayB

May 30, 2012
MUST BE TRADED AT OR BEFORE DEADLINE:
Simmer
Weal

TRADED IF IT IS A GOOD OFFER:
JVR

SHOULD BE TRADED ONLY IF ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY BY AN OFFER:
Voracek

Simmer for 1st ( im loving to have 2 first rounders per year )
Weal+ for physical 3C/4C

JVR for Dougie Hamilton

Voracek+ for Tarasenko/Benn

Sign:

Panarin
Bobrovsky ( Big money short term )

+ We really need some passion, grit and compete level.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I agree with most of this, except I don't consider Farabee untouchable and MacDonald cannot be on the Flyers in 19-20. He is a HUGE part of the losing culture of this team. He is the highest paid defensemen, the worst defensemen, and a supposed "leader" on one of the worst teams in the league. He needs to ****ing go finally. Buy his ass out this summer if you can't trade him. To those that will reply, "just waive him," **** ALL THAT. He will find his way back into the lineup..the slippery **** that he is. MacDonald must go this summer.

You also have to include Mark Stone as one of the UFAs to pursue.
Yeah I'd def get rid of AMac. I just kind of ignore him at this point. At the very least bury him in the AHL since cap issues aren't really a thing next year even if they go hog wild in UFA spending.

Mark Stone I have never been a fan of. No real reason he is just one of those guys that I don't think is that good and just keep expecting him to fall off. Probably not logical but just a gut thing.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
JVR for Dougie Hamilton

Bobrovsky will get big money and big term. I don't know why he would settle for a short term deal when teams will offer him a 7 year deal.

I'm not sure about Hamilton - why has he been traded so much, and why is he in trade rumors again already? Although I would like to get a decent veteran defenseman like Pietrangelo.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
The worst thing about all this is that the trade deadline is still 1.5 months away. With this season the way its been, I look forward to it, hoping we jettison a lot of players.

Reactions: renberg

JayB

May 30, 2012
Hextall words: “little more juice, a little more energy, a player or two that could grind it out and [have] grit and piss people off. That was one of the things we were looking out for, too, a little more sandpaper.”

So who would be replacement for our guys ( similar value , maybe small add from our side ) ?

Laughton?
Raffl?
Weal?
Simmonds?
Weise?

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Don't worry guys. Fletch looked deep in thought..

IMG_0232.JPG

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
We should be in the buyer's market for people like Tarasenko and Seguin if their teams are willing to move them. We should even slightly overpay for them.

It's a weird reality but it's true. Trading Simmer might help the team in the immediate future simply because he'll be replaced by a better player, but whatever piece you get back (a mid first-rounder most likely) doesn't help the team much next year.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
We should be in the buyer's market for people like Tarasenko and Seguin if their teams are willing to move them. We should even slightly overpay for them.

It's a weird reality but it's true. Trading Simmer might help the team in the immediate future simply because he'll be replaced by a better player, but whatever piece you get back (a mid first-rounder most likely) doesn't help the team much next year.

those teams are going to want our first this year, and under no condition do i trade this years first round pick.

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008

Simmer is on pace for about 36 points this year. How other GM's value Simmonds I don't know, but I wouldn't surrender a 1st for a player that is rapidly declining.

Reactions: Embiid and renberg

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Simmer for 1st ( im loving to have 2 first rounders per year )
Weal+ for physical 3C/4C

JVR for Dougie Hamilton

Voracek+ for Tarasenko/Benn

Sign:

Panarin

+ We really need some passion, grit and compete level.

No interest in Benn any more. He's the new Toews for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad