Post-Game Talk: GM 43: Blues def. Canucks - 2-1 (Shootout)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
well, that was interesting
the barker we've all been warned about finally burned us bigtime
mostly they were outclassed in this game, though the Blues were desperate and we were tired.
even though we were out played and outshot (and out-dominated physically), there were good pushback moments in the 2nd half of this game, and I thought we were going to win it in OT.
Sedins were nowhere in the first half of the game but were v dangerous 2nd half.
I think wingers are ill-matched on the 2nd and 3rd lines, would like to see
Kesler-Roy-Raymond
Hansen-Ebbet-Kassian
with Kassian & Raymond possibly interchangable. They've tried Hansen a lot in a scoring role -- leave him as an elite checker.

Really missing Higgins .... and it would be nice to see what we could do with Booth ...ah well, never healthy

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Backes on being taken down by third-man burrows: "It seems like an injustice to me. I wasn't real happy with that play.

injustica.gif

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Just want to chime in real quick with regards to the McDonald/Steen SO bench incident.

While yes, I'm sure they were both sending chirps towards the bench's direction...I'd be more than willing to bet that the bench had some choice words for both of them, too. It goes both ways. Impossible to tell "who started it first". It really doesn't matter, it's an intense rivalry and the chirping was probably out in full force.

Schneider looked great, and overall the Canucks played a solid game considering the circumstances (back to back, on the road etc). Good luck rest of the way

I'm going to disagree with this. Why the **** would canucks players be chirping the shootout shooters on the other team after they just scored? No, it makes much more sense sense for the person to score to be the one that chirps a bench to rub salt in the wound. I also say this because I haven't really seen any games where the canucks were involved in things like this in other shootouts. Players generally keep their mouths shut after a team scores on them in the shootout. Much more likely to be started by the blues players after they scored their shootout goals.

I could see the canucks mouthing off to blues shootout players if they did a really embarrassing shootout moved and messed up, but not after a blues' player scored. I'm just saying that during the shootout that the blues probably started it. I'm not saying that the canucks wouldn't respond though.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Missed what Shattenkirk said can someone fill me in?

Basically said we are cheap battlers. Bit of pot and kettle, but nothing outlandish, IMO.

I personally loved the intensity in this one. Not much actual hockey playing to get excited over, but lots of battles, scrums, bad blood, punches...no love lost here, that's for sure.

Again - to get the point in our third game in four nights on the road is a steal, from where I sit.

Jack Adams

Mar 20, 2010
St. Louis
Missed what Shattenkirk said can someone fill me in?

On KMOX 1120, Blues radio affiliate, he was interviewed immediately after the game and asked about the intensity and said: The Canucks are a team that don't respect other teams and you can just look at their cheap battles.

Paraphrasing but pretty close.

Blues and Canucks don't like each other. Pretty obvious the last 30 minutes of the game.

Backes also asked Zack Kassian if he was going bald per blues affiliate. There was a lot of chirping. Backes had 5 stitches after the incident in second period.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
interesting considering no bookie gives out 'wins' on shoot outs. It would be considered a tie. I guess it was a private bet?

Actually, standard NHL betting consists of playing the "money line", where OT / Shootout results count.

The only place I have seen "ties" feature prominently for NHL betting are rip-offs like Sports Action or Pro-line. Some bookies will offer prop bets about the game going into OT, but that's about it.

Apple Juice

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
Was a good game to watch.. Definitely had the playoff animosity but I felt the Blues were allowed to get away with a couple too many penalties that should've been called.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Was a good game to watch.. Definitely had the playoff animosity but I felt the Blues were allowed to get away with a couple too many penalties that should've been called.
The only way medium talent teams like the Blues win games is by putting the grab on guys. Similar strategy employed by Minnesota, New Jersey, the Kings, Boston, etc. It works.

cutcopy

May 31, 2011
The only way medium talent teams like the Blues win games is by putting the grab on guys. Similar strategy employed by Minnesota, New Jersey, the Kings, Boston, etc. It works.

It also helps that the roster consists of huge ass dudes. ****ing sesitote and weise, do your ****ing job.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

I bet the Canucks wouldn't get away with it. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad