Post-Game Talk: GM 43: Blues def. Canucks - 2-1 (Shootout)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
If this was a playoff game, Bieksa probably would have played. Blues didn't play last night and were at home, and they still needed the SO.

Yes, I think the Wild would be an easier matchup for the Canucks, but the Canucks are far from doomed if it's the Blues.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
wow settle down.....we'll be fine. Can't stand you damn bandwagoners

It's not bandwagonning if you have actually followed this team for more than 6 months.

I get that people try and be positive; support their team.

There is also a reason why no one outside of Vancouver thinks this team is going to do anything in the playoffs.

You can tell they are already hurting (BK, Higgins, Tanev) and the playoffs haven't even started.

Kesler may last a round before his style of play gets him injured.

It's just assessing who the Canucks might play: LA, SJ, SL, MN and seeing that they could physically wear down the Canucks to the point that even if they were to get past round 1, they likely couldn't make it through another let alone 3 more.

Its nice to believe, but reality soon smacks you in the face.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
I agree people need to relax. This was pretty much a playoff game and anything can happen in overtime. We've played 3 in 4 ON THE ROAD. Also didn't have one RH dman in the lineup this game. The Canucks played fine.

What happened to Bieksa?

Wizeman*

Problem is, STL knows they can beat us and out class us, and out tough us now. They played their style, and played it to a tee. First time playing a playoff team in ages, and we lose. We are barely squeaking out wins against the garbage teams in the league, we score 1 goal against a low seed playoff team. This doesnt look promising.

Raymond has been invisable for a month, so has Hansen

Roy was brutal tonight, worst game as a canuck.

I have to take issue with this. Our team was tired, coasting, and trapping all game. Schneider was excellent. None of the Canucks played with any zeal with the exception of Kesler, Burrows and Ballard.

If this was a real playoff game, the blues would not be able to 'out class' us , or out score us nor is their goaltending better. Not a chance not even close.:laugh:

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Clear holes in the lineup were barker and ebbett. Hopefully the team is healthy in the playoffs and we never see them ever again. A cam barker brainfart from winning this game.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Shootout loss you say

vtjdU.gif

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
In the last 10 games the Canucks have been outshot 313 to 261 and now have a negative shot differential on the season. Hope Schneider is ready because they're going to need him in the playoffs.

Wizeman*

This.

Also.. Schneider was damn good yet again. Not looking forward to a potential playoff series with St. Louis.

I am . If this was the best they had against a very tired and uninspired Canuck team, they we will blow them out in 5

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
In the last 10 games the Canucks have been outshot 313 to 261 and now have a negative shot differential on the season. Hope Schneider is ready because they're going to need him in the playoffs.

Really? :laugh: With the way our defense plays this should be a forgone conclusion by now. We go nowhere without Schneider.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
I have to take issue with this. Our team was tired, coasting, and trapping all game. Schneider was excellent. None of the Canucks played with any zeal with the exception of Kesler, Burrows and Ballard.

If this was a real playoff game, the blues would not be able to 'out class' us , or out score us nor is their goaltending better. Not a chance not even close.:laugh:

I thought the Canucks played as hard as they could and were not a physical match. Whatever, they played hard enough and weren't bullied. It's a pretty good indicator of where they are at.

Next game Vignault needs to use his lines better and may alter his top six look, but this is kind of a process for everybody. Canucks look like they want to be around for the second round, this year, which is an improvement over last season.

GrogZilla

Mar 31, 2013
While I liked the idea of Kesler & Roy together, this game really showed why Ebbet as 3C just doesn't cut it.
So many shifts that line was just hemmed in their own end & chasing the puck.
Really need Higgins back & on the 3rd line with Roy.

:) Nice to see Ballard wound up & playing with some emotion.

Jack Adams

Mar 20, 2010
St. Louis
To who ever said the Blues have snipers, they don't. Team full of second and third line players but do have depth. They work hard, outshoot teams but struggle to score b/c they don't have sedins, getzlafs, brown, toews, kane, carter, etc.. But they do have depth, very good D and inconsistent goaltending that when hot can be really good like last year. It can also implode.

Blues shooters talked smack after the shootout b/c of the team they were playing. This is a team that will punch a player in the head w/o a helmet, chicken wing sticks to look like hooks and dive. alain vigneault hockey.

kesler, burrows, etc.

Quote after the game:

Shattenkirk: "Canucks are the team that don't respect other teams. Just look at their cheap battles"

Although Backes can be a piece of work too from Blues perspective.

Third period was fun. I hope these teams play in the first round. I also hope Canucks bring back the skate logo and jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad