Post-Game Talk: GM 43: Blues def. Canucks - 2-1 (Shootout)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Weise and Sestito had no ice time this game.

we looked tired out there with 3 lines.

Yea, I just looked, didn't realize how little ice time they had tonight. Although 6-8 minutes is probably what we can expect from our 4th line in the playoffs.

Regardless, I still would have liked to see Weise and Sestito make more of a physical impact tonight. If they aren't going to hit guys, put Pinnizotto in there, at least you know he will try and blow someone up every shift.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
We need to face a skill/weak team like detroit, so if we win we are fresh.

No one's going to listen to you because the overwhelming opinion is that the Wings have our number.

It's not true. The Wings are among the best first-round matchups for this team.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
No one's going to listen to you because the overwhelming opinion is that the Wings have our number.

It's not true. The Wings are among the best first-round matchups for this team.

imo would be the perfect match up, even tho we played bad vs them this year.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
To who ever said the Blues have snipers, they don't. Team full of second and third line players but do have depth. They work hard, outshoot teams but struggle to score b/c they don't have sedins, getzlafs, brown, toews, kane, carter, etc.. But they do have depth, very good D and inconsistent goaltending that when hot can be really good like last year. It can also implode.

I dont think anyone thinks you have sharp shooters in game, its in the shootout, mcdonald and steen have over 40% shootout percentage thats about 25 percent better then any of our shooters. And those are pretty damn good shootout numbers.

mizzoublues29

Unregistered User
Apr 10, 2009
Columbia, MO
I seriously doubt it. The Blues were just showing their teenage angst as a cup contender tonight, as evidenced by the chirps and post game comments. Chirps happen, the Blues obviously don't like the Canucks, there's no need to try to justify it. It's really not a big deal.
Ey well I'll disagree. I just can't imagine the guys on the Vancouver bench keeping their mouths shut in that situation. And I mean that in a good way, they're a group of guys that won't back down, and is probably quick to fire back. It's a good trait to have. It's a constant battle of who gets the last word, and I literally mean words. Again, I'm sure the chirpfest was out in full force from both sides. Just my opinion

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
lol i completely forgot I won 50$ on this game, Doubled up:laugh:

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Why is Kevin Shattenkirk running his mouth? Ridiculous, it would be like if Chris Tanev started calling out teams post-game.

How about Shattenkirk accomplishes something besides having a few mediocre NHL seasons before running his mouth in the media.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
So apparently backes and ballards wives are friends .. Lol...

Catfight:laugh:

Anyways if the Canucks are gonna try and go deep its going to be tough.

I hope the Canucks change the team up a bit this summer.

EDIT: I can see the Canucks looking more aggressive and getting more physical in the playoffs.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
Ey well I'll disagree. I just can't imagine the guys on the Vancouver bench keeping their mouths shut in that situation. And I mean that in a good way, they're a group of guys that won't back down, and is probably quick to fire back. It's a good trait to have. It's a constant battle of who gets the last word, and I literally mean words. Again, I'm sure the chirpfest was out in full force from both sides. Just my opinion

Ya Ill take your side here, there's no way guys like burrows and kesler weren't chirping

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

The blues were just frustrated that they couldnt score in regulation and couldnt stop themselves from chirping after a shootout goal. The Coilers do it all the time.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
Yea, I just looked, didn't realize how little ice time they had tonight. Although 6-8 minutes is probably what we can expect from our 4th line in the playoffs.

Regardless, I still would have liked to see Weise and Sestito make more of a physical impact tonight. If they aren't going to hit guys, put Pinnizotto in there, at least you know he will try and blow someone up every shift.

2nd night playing in a row...

Is AV trying to injure out players and wear Kesler out before the playoffs? He didn't learn ****.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
So first we were blaming Kassian's poor play on Ebbett, and now AV? Keep reaching guys :laugh:

No i am stating that style does not suit Kassian. I think it is an okay strategy for the team with a lead during back to back games. I really do not concern myself with changing the team strategy for rookies. Like many posters would have liked to put Kesler on the wing for Scheoder and Hodgson to score more goals. Kassian is fine. Creating false offense by putting him with the Sedins just costs the team cap space later. He needs to improve to be an impact player and that is fine. He still fills a role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad