Post-Game Talk: GM 43: Blues def. Canucks - 2-1 (Shootout)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
It's not bandwagonning if you have actually followed this team for more than 6 months.

I get that people try and be positive; support their team.

There is also a reason why no one outside of Vancouver thinks this team is going to do anything in the playoffs.

You can tell they are already hurting (BK, Higgins, Tanev) and the playoffs haven't even started.

Kesler may last a round before his style of play gets him injured.

It's just assessing who the Canucks might play: LA, SJ, SL, MN and seeing that they could physically wear down the Canucks to the point that even if they were to get past round 1, they likely couldn't make it through another let alone 3 more.

Its nice to believe, but reality soon smacks you in the face.

so your saying other teams don't wear down, just the Canucks? Interesting theory you have.

John Bender*

Even with him, the defense has been shaky. I hope they can play better (and they have improved), but no doubt in my mind that Schneider's elite play will be key to us getting anywhere.

True. They are money for a fire drill in their own end every game, just gotta hang on for those. Schneider is key.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Great game tonight guys. I would love a playoff series because the games would be insane.

Kassian seems like a guy who is waiting to really bust out. He seems like a guy who could be a lot like David Backes is for us, which would be scary for the rest of the West.

Best of luck down the stretch.

That's a pretty shocking comment 2bh, Kassian was absolutely invisible tonight, even with that small scrum, he had ONE hit no shots in 12 min of ice time, in a Playoff style physical game.

He is not getting the message right now.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Please for the love of God call up Schroeder. Do not want to see Ebbett in the playoffs.

Hopefully Tanev and Bieksa are 100% too, so no Barker/Alberts

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Although Backes can be a piece of work too from Blues perspective.

Third period was fun. I hope these teams play in the first round. I also hope Canucks bring back the skate logo and jersey.

To be honest, lots of teams get away with near murder. We don't get calls anymore. Most games the other teams get more PP opportunities than we do.

Nuck Bonino

May 10, 2011
That's a pretty shocking comment 2bh, Kassian was absolutely invisible tonight, even with that small scrum, he had ONE hit no shots in 12 min of ice time, in a Playoff style physical game.

Cant blame him, Ebbett rendered that line useless.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
Oh ya, when the Sedins, Raymond, etc. come barrelling down on you.

Little different than the gorillas on teams like St. Louis and San Jose.

Sedins are known to wear d's down. tires them out when they going in the zone. but yeah the other lines need work. can't have ****ing ebbett out there against the blues.

John Bender*

Oh ya, when the Sedins, Raymond, etc. come barrelling down on you.

Little different than the gorillas on teams like St. Louis and San Jose.

The same type if team list 4 straight to vancouver a few seasons back. Stop being so sensational. If STL is so unbeatable, why are they in danger of missing the playoffs?

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010

Kassian is not a great checker while backwards skating with one hand on his stick which was the game plan halfway through the game.

mizzoublues29

Unregistered User
Apr 10, 2009
Columbia, MO
Just want to chime in real quick with regards to the McDonald/Steen SO bench incident.

While yes, I'm sure they were both sending chirps towards the bench's direction...I'd be more than willing to bet that the bench had some choice words for both of them, too. It goes both ways. Impossible to tell "who started it first". It really doesn't matter, it's an intense rivalry and the chirping was probably out in full force.

Schneider looked great, and overall the Canucks played a solid game considering the circumstances (back to back, on the road etc). Good luck rest of the way

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
Agreed to a point. I give Ebbett a good amount of blame but Raymond has been brutal since he came back.

TBH Raymond played his best hockey when he was with Hansen and Schroeder. He has no chemistry with Kassian. And it doesn't help that Ebbett is now his centre.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
It seems to be the same people in here overreacting after every loss. Seriously, some of you need to lose the hysterics and get a grip. Like others have mentioned, it was their third game in four nights. All things considered, I'm happy with the point.

This definitely had the feel of a playoff game, so it was really interesting to see which role players stepped up and who disappeared.

Stepped Up: Keith Ballard, Andrew Alberts,

Disappeared: Mason Raymond, Dale Weise, Sestito.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
It seems to be the same people in here overreacting after every loss. Seriously, some of you need to lose the hysterics and get a grip. Like others have mentioned, it was their third game in four nights. All things considered, I'm happy with the point.

This definitely had the feel of a playoff game, so it was really interesting to see which role players stepped up and who disappeared.

Stepped Up: Keith Ballard, Andrew Alberts,

Disappeared: Mason Raymond, Dale Weise, Sestito.
Weise and Sestito had no ice time this game.

we looked tired out there with 3 lines.

StringerBell

Just want to chime in real quick with regards to the McDonald/Steen SO bench incident.

While yes, I'm sure they were both sending chirps towards the bench's direction...I'd be more than willing to bet that the bench had some choice words for both of them, too. It goes both ways. Impossible to tell "who started it first". It really doesn't matter, it's an intense rivalry and the chirping was probably out in full force.

Schneider looked great, and overall the Canucks played a solid game considering the circumstances (back to back, on the road etc). Good luck rest of the way

I seriously doubt it. The Blues were just showing their teenage angst as a cup contender tonight, as evidenced by the chirps and post game comments. Chirps happen, the Blues obviously don't like the Canucks, there's no need to try to justify it. It's really not a big deal.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The blues are a team i simply Don't wanna face in the 1st round.

We can certainly beat them, and it would be an entertaining series (with a ton of 1 goal games), but there is one huge issue with facing the blues.

Injuries.

There is zero chance we come out of the blues series with no injuries, at least 2 people maybe more will be hurt, and the other badly bruised.

We need to face a skill/weak team like detroit, so if we win we are fresh.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
To who ever said the Blues have snipers, they don't. Team full of second and third line players but do have depth. They work hard, outshoot teams but struggle to score b/c they don't have sedins, getzlafs, brown, toews, kane, carter, etc.. But they do have depth, very good D and inconsistent goaltending that when hot can be really good like last year. It can also implode.

Blues shooters talked smack after the shootout b/c of the team they were playing. This is a team that will punch a player in the head w/o a helmet, chicken wing sticks to look like hooks and dive. alain vigneault hockey.

kesler, burrows, etc.

Quote after the game:

Shattenkirk: "Canucks are the team that don't respect other teams. Just look at their cheap battles"

Although Backes can be a piece of work too from Blues perspective.

Third period was fun. I hope these teams play in the first round. I also hope Canucks bring back the skate logo and jersey.

I laughed. It takes two to have a battle. Blues are far from innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad