Post-Game Talk: GM 43: Blues def. Canucks - 2-1 (Shootout)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Did anyone else cringe when Kesler was about to drop the gloves and fight? With the way he gets injured, he can't take those risks.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Did anyone else cringe when Kesler was about to drop the gloves and fight? With the way he gets injured, he can't take those risks.

Never saw, but yeah, he should stay away from that. I really wish Alberts would have kicked Backes' ass. Somebody needed to shut that over-exuberant ****er up.

BTW, when can we clinch?

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
It's not like Gillis went out and hand-picked Sestito, saying 'this is going to be a great player for us.' We lost Volpatti on waivers, needed a 'goon' to replace him, Sestito happened to be available, and is bigger.

I mean, he's relatively useless...but it's hard to be too picky about waiver fodder.

Was more of a shot at Sestito and AV than Gillis. Imo, Pinizotto should have played this game.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Sestito is better defensively and has better hands than Volpatti, who can't clear the puck off his backhand for the life of him.

nmain37*

What a great game. The team that worked harder won it and deservably so. For the first time this season I am really disappointed in Kassian. This kind of game was tailored made for him and yet he did nothing with it. Are whole fourth line was a no show. When your first and second line are the ones being physical (as much as I enjoy it) and not your fourth line, we may have a problem.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
What a great game. The team that worked harder won it and deservably so. For the first time this season I am really disappointed in Kassian. This kind of game was tailored made for him and yet he did nothing with it. Are whole fourth line was a no show. When your first and second line are the ones being physical (as much as I enjoy it) and not your fourth line, we may have a problem.
That game was crazy (good) - just saw the highlights. How come no one is talking about it in the 'Talk' section? :)

It was like a playoff game. How many times did Ballard and Backes bump into each other? :)

Castle1*

I'm with you. I thought that if he fought Sobotka that he and Sobotka would punch each other in the head simultaneously.

Kesler would break his wrist on Sobotka's face and Sobotka's would break Kesler's jaw.

Thank the gods Kesler didn't fight!!

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
I'm with you. I thought that if he fought Sobotka that he and Sobotka would punch each other in the head simultaneously.

Kesler would break his wrist on Sobotka's face and Sobotka's would break Kesler's jaw.

And we wouldn't hear about it until after the playoffs when Gillis announces that Kesler would undergo surgery and will miss the first month of next season.

Wizeman*

Thank the gods Kesler didn't fight!!

Kesler has fought Iginla, Shea Weber, Barret Jackman and a host of other guys in his tenure. He has more than proven his toughness with his fists, let alone with all of his play that earned him the Selke trophy.

But thanks for coming out anyways. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->