Pre-Game Talk: GM 34: Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers - Dec 13 - CBC - 6:00PM PST

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think we should stop looking at the Friday night game on CBC as a Vancouver game and rather a chance for CBC to showcase Canada's new superteam that rivals the 80's version.

It's not everyday you get to watch the big three of MPS, Gagner and Cogliano.

Errr....I mean Hall, Yakupov and RNH.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
Regarding Edmonton,
It's actuually pretty amazing that a team with three successive overall first picks is so bad.
Going first overall pretty much forces the team to pick the best player in the draft, not necessarily the best player for the team. It's up to the management then to trade for right pieces. Of course the Oilers went ahead and instead gave everyone $6M contracts.

Tanevian*

Going first overall pretty much forces the team to pick the best player in the draft, not necessarily the best player for the team. It's up to the management then to trade for right pieces. Of course the Oilers went ahead and instead gave everyone $6M contracts.

Or that team could trade down a pick or 2 and get something else in return.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
I see this game is on CBC, which I can watch online apparently. Do the Canucks not have online games for the sportsnet broadcasts anymore. I can't seem to find information for this season. If the local internet broadcast isn't available anymore, any idea why? Thanx.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Or that team could trade down a pick or 2 and get something else in return.

That's what they should've done.
Pretty much have 5 of the same damn player.

Edmonton continues to suck balls and their management continues to do nothing about it. Baffling.

Tanevian*

I see this game is on CBC, which I can watch online apparently. Do the Canucks not have online games for the sportsnet broadcasts anymore. I can't seem to find information for this season. If the local internet broadcast isn't available anymore, any idea why? Thanx.

I've only noticed preseason games online thru CDC.

CBC works if you are in Canada. If not, there are several methods to watch game online.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
https://twitter.com/strombone1/status/410997898978279424
Every kiss begins with K........ pic.twitter.com/hEtzKFCj45

BbQoaVQIcAAzT51.jpg:large

D'awwww

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
100% trap game.

Canucks blow goats and Luongo gets lit up like a Christmas tree.

Board blows up during and after the game.

Torts rips them a new one and they beat the living piss out of Boston Saturday.
I've got a feeling you might be right

Tanevian*

I'd like to be the first one to complain about the fact we haven't scored yet. I know at least 2 posters who are going to be jealous I beat them to it.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
I wish we would've used two good looking players for that cute pic, like say Bieksa and Booth(hate him but he's very handsome) and iMO it would enhance our image throughout the league.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
We have got to win. Living in Edmonton and having to deal with oil fans is unbearable, espcially after a loss.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
This just makes me sad...

Why, how much depth do you expect? Their normal linemate is out and the 2nd line is on fire, so that means any replacement is going to come from the bottom 6. They've tried the two wingers on the 3rd line and it hasn't looked great so why not give the other guys a shot for a bit?

I mean yeah, it'd be great if they had a 1st or 2nd liner hanging out on their 4th line all year just for this situation, but that's just not realistic.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Can't wait to hear all about the likes of Hall, RNH and Eberle on Friday night. I wonder if we'll find out before the third who the Oilers are playing.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad