Pre-Game Talk: GM 34: Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers - Dec 13 - CBC - 6:00PM PST

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Gene Principe
@GenePrincipe
Z.Kassian on 1st game vs. Oil since Sam Gagner incident "I'm happy Steve MacIntyre is not in the lineup. I don't even think he can skate."

11:24 AM December 12

Glorious.

Brenton Williams

Feb 6, 2006
The arrogance is already a bit much for me. The Oilers aren't a great team, and I'm not a fan of the organization at all, but per usual, there's a complete lack of perspective.

Here's a newsflash. In today's NHL there's no gimmie. Far from it. The Oilers have a bunch of very dangerous forwards that can score in bunches. They're 6-3-1 in their last 10.

We took care of them handily earlier in the year, but let me remind you of how we fared last season against them:

Game 1: Oilers 3-2 (SO)
Game 2: Van 3-2 (OT)
Game 3: Oilers 4-0
Game 4: Van 4-0
Game 5: Oilers 7-2

So clearly not a team that the Canucks can take lightly. Anyone who thinks a team is horrible and that the Canucks should dominate clearly doesn't understand the parity of the league and how hard it is to win every night.

I expect a win, but I don't expect it to be easy.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Brenton, I thought we won game 1 last year and we only lost to the Oil 7-3 in the last game. Any how, besides that point. We beat them 6-2 this year, they are a better team now, but they haven't proved ****. They could beat us, they could not, like you said, that's how it is in this NHL. Doesn't make them better than us overall. However, we have to respect them. They are a good team when firing on all cylinders.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Brenton, I thought we won game 1 last year and we only lost to the Oil 7-3 in the last game. Any how, besides that point. We beat them 6-2 this year, they are a better team now, but they haven't proved ****. They could beat us, they could not, like you said, that's how it is in this NHL. Doesn't make them better than us overall. However, we have to respect them. They are a good team when firing on all cylinders.

He didn't say anything to the effect that they were better. I agree with him that some of the arrogance re the Oilers is dumb.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Glorious.

582.gif

StringerBell

This is a much bigger game than it's being made out to be here. After tomorrow's game we have Boston, Minnesota, Dallas and Chicago within a week. Not only do we need to pick up points against a bottom feeder like Edmonton but we need to go into that stretch playing good hockey. If the team underestimates Edmonton I will be irrationally upset about it. I don't think they will though, I'll call a 3-1 win.

That's Daniel. Mostly because of the hair line.

It's all about the head shape for me. Daniel = square, Henrik = egg.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
@patersonjeff2m
Hansen with Sedins at #Canucks practice this a-m

@ElliottPap1m
Nux coming out for practice in colors: Booth-Richardson-Kassian; twins-Hansen; Higgins-Kesler-Santo; Welsh-Dalpe-Weise.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
@patersonjeff2m
Hansen with Sedins at #Canucks practice this a-m

@ElliottPap1m
Nux coming out for practice in colors: Booth-Richardson-Kassian; twins-Hansen; Higgins-Kesler-Santo; Welsh-Dalpe-Weise.

I'd switch Kassian and Hansen personally.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Kassian needs to earn the spot. I assume that's what Torts is thinking as well.

Which is fine but Hansen can't hit the side of a barn.

I'm more comfortable playing Kassian to start with the Sedins against Edmonton and see how he does.

If he doesn't play well for 5-6 shifts then maybe switch it up; give it a period even.

Just rather have the more skilled player who plays the puck possession game to play with Dank.

Play Hansel with Booth and Richardson on a pesky 3rd line.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Kassian needs to earn the spot. I assume that's what Torts is thinking as well.

Hansen hasn't earned it even when he is playing woth them. Neither has Booth.

With Higgins, Kesler, and Santa rolling as the 2nd line, Kassian makes the most sense to put up with the Sedins right now.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Hello Everyone I'm trying to start a Poll and I am can not figure it out. Can anyone help me out?

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Hansen hasn't earned it even when he is playing woth them. Neither has Booth.

With Higgins, Kesler, and Santa rolling as the 2nd line, Kassian makes the most sense to put up with the Sedins right now.

I disagree. Kassian needs to be given a role so he can focus on it and try to get better. He clearly isn't good enough for the top line yet and when he inevitably fails it only hurts his confidence bouncing him around all over the lineup.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad