Pre-Game Talk: GM 34: Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers - Dec 13 - CBC - 6:00PM PST

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Which is fine but Hansen can't hit the side of a barn.

I'm more comfortable playing Kassian to start with the Sedins against Edmonton and see how he does.

If he doesn't play well for 5-6 shifts then maybe switch it up; give it a period even.

Just rather have the more skilled player who plays the puck possession game to play with Dank.

Play Hansel with Booth and Richardson on a pesky 3rd line.

I'd buy it. Especially now that we're back in the playoff mix.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
https://twitter.com/botchford/status/411236359794200577
Torts: Kassian isn't ready to play with the twins bc he can't "process" playing against top 6 players

https://twitter.com/patersonjeff/status/411236362377904129
Torts says not comfortable with Kassian on Twins line b/c of his play in own zone & against other team's best players #Canucks

Grrr...at least play him against Edmonton, they're not a huge threat. Bump Hansen back up to the top line (if Kassian struggles) against Boston.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
https://twitter.com/botchford/status/411236359794200577

https://twitter.com/patersonjeff/status/411236362377904129

Grrr...at least play him against Edmonton, they're not a huge threat. Bump Hansen back up to the top line (if Kassian struggles) against Boston.

If that was AV who said that last year I imagine the outcry would be bigger. I can understand where Torts is coming from but I think giving him a proper shot wouldn't hurt. Especially against a weaker opponent.

Also wish Lack was starting.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
I disagree. Kassian needs to be given a role so he can focus on it and try to get better. He clearly isn't good enough for the top line yet and when he inevitably fails it only hurts his confidence bouncing him around all over the lineup.

Him being good enough for the top line is 90% a mental thing. Was he "ready" for a top-6 role when he started off with the Sedins last year and was scoring almost a goal per game?

Right now Kassian is the best fit for the spot, as neither Hansen nor Booth are great fits for the Sedins' cycle game.

He's never going to break out as long as he's in the bottom-6.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
If that was AV who said that last year I imagine the outcry would be bigger. I can understand where Torts is coming from but I think giving him a proper shot wouldn't hurt. Especially against a weaker opponent.

Also wish Lack was starting.

AV would never say anything like that though because it would be top secret information with him. I love how honest Torts is and he is bang on with those comments.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
AV would never say anything like that though because it would be top secret information with him. I love how honest Torts is and he is bang on with those comments.

This is exactly what I was thinking too. :laugh:

Tortz >>> AV

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
agree with torts
kassian has been atrocious defensively
and it's not like richardson or hansen are scrubs offensively, where he's show v little either
his play has warranted a 4th line position, and if he weren't a high profile project he would be in the minors right now.

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
lmao someone shop the forever alone face on edler in that group picture

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
Can't deny that Torts has a valid reason.

Simply a matter of Kassian not being good enough in his own end against opposition top line players...make sense.

I presume they are working with Kass and bringing him along.

Might not be quick enough for some fans, but you can't deny the reasoning.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I wouldn't mind trying kassian but im not a coach, I dont know many coaches who would gift kassian first line minutes.

The concern is not so much just kassian but the sedins defensively, they are ok defensively, but certainly not overly good, but sedin-sedin-kassian hemmed in their own zone going against Krejci, lucic, iginla. Or against toews, kane, sharp....

Then again booth with them scares me just as much, where as hansen and burrows less so since they are typically solid defensively.

Its to bad the 2nd line is clicking so well because I actually thought a better test would be to put him on kesler-higgins line and see how he does with them first.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
**** this is such a bad decision

Ya im not sure whats going on, torts was really praising lack after last game so much he even had to mention lou was still our guy, cant believe hes not getting this game, unless he somehow gets boston.....

Not sure why not play lack and then roberto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad