Pre-Game Talk: GM 34: Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers - Dec 13 - CBC - 6:00PM PST

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Lack Edmonton, Luo Boston

show that Lack earned the next start w the shutout and that he's ready for a key divisional game, and show you are not hiding Luo from the Bruins.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
@ElliottPap1h
Nux having very optional skate this morning. Players on ice: Lack, Weber, Alberts, Weise, Welsh, Dalpe, Kassian

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
i just had a dream that luongo let in 11 vs boston, lack should start both games

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
Elliott Pap ‏@ElliottPap 29s

Nux ZackKassian on facing Oilers for 1st time since breaking SamGagner's jaw: "I'm happy (Steve) MacIntyre is not in the lineup." #Canucks

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
@ElliottPap4m
More Kassian on whether he expects Oilers to come after him: "Uh, I don't know. Who knows? Maybe they will. Maybe they won't."

‏@ElliottPap3m
Even more Kassian: "Obviously I'm not too worried about someone coming after me. I have no problem standing up for myself."

@News1130Sports2m
Hearing #Canucks forward Tom Sestito has soreness - nothing major - should play this weekend.

@ElliottPap2m
Even more Kassian on facing Oil: "If they want to get some type of revenge, the door is open. Go ahead. Our focus is to get 2 pts."

@SNETPacific2m
#Canucks Yannick Weber did not arrive until late Sunday after being called up said team told him Monday was rest day, may play this weekend.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
I don't understand why people are nervous starting Luongo against Boston. We are playing on our home ice not in TD Garden. Luongo hasn't had a brutal game here against Boston.

+ no Shawn Thornton to chirp him before the game to get him off his game and its not a playoff game either.

Having said this I want to see Lack start against the Bruins.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
I don't understand why people are nervous starting Luongo against Boston. We are playing on our home ice not in TD Garden. Luongo hasn't had a brutal game here against Boston.

+ no Shawn Thornton to chirp him before the game to get him off his game and its not in the playoffs either.

I remember just one time a couple years ago, don't think it was an important game tho...

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON

I think the biggest thing Kassian has going for him, as far as being a Sedin linemate, is that no one ever beats him to the puck or is able to interfere with him. The book on the twins these days seems to be to stop the 3rd guy on their line. It's not all that hard to subtly interfere with Burrows or Hansen (especially now that they hardly ever call in-zone interference), or to even muscle them off the puck. Kassian, on the other hand, when he has the time — and the Sedins' pace suits him in that regard — there are only a few defensemen that can stop him from getting to the puck.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Kassian has played much better the last few games. Moving his feet, leaning on his stick and protecting the puck well. Man, when he wants to, he can really fly for a man of his size.

So, I'm on board with the idea of him getting a game with the Twins, could be good for Kass and the Sedins. Didn't deserve it earlier but I think he's shown enough lately to get a look there.

I would like to see him really commit to being the first man in on the puck, playing with the Twins may help force this.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
I wonder how many times CBC will show 2011 highlights or reference the SCF.

Wouldn't you if you were CBC? I mean it wasn't that long ago these teams both have 80% the same players. I would be referencing the SCF's too if I was CBC

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Wouldn't you if you were CBC? I mean it wasn't that long ago these teams both have 80% the same players. I would be referencing the SCF's too if I was CBC

If we won, I bet Ron MacLean and pj stock would make sure footage was never replayed on cbc. :laugh:

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Kassian's guide to success with the Sedins is likely the simplest concept in the history of sports.

1. Use size to finish checks, forecheck and create space for Sedins.

2. Head to the front of net with stick on the ice.

3. Get open and expect a pass.

4. Stand up for them after the whistle.

Honestly, I don't see how success for him with the twins is complicated or something difficult to achieve.

If all else fails, take video clips of Dustin Byfuglien as a forward when he was a Blackhawk and show them to Kassian on loop.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
it a bit strange that CBC is broadcast a Friday game and a saturday game for Canucks?

I'm assuming it's so they can do a pre-boston game and ron maclean and co. can rub in the scf defeat even more. 'the canucks are just not showing up tonight. they must be looking ahead to the boston game. let's take a look at all of the goals the canucks let in during the scf.'

Tanevian*

I'm assuming it's so they can do a pre-boston game and ron maclean and co. can rub in the scf defeat even more. 'the canucks are just not showing up tonight. they must be looking ahead to the boston game. let's take a look at all of the goals the canucks let in during the scf.'

I think we should stop looking at the Friday night game on CBC as a Vancouver game and rather a chance for CBC to showcase Canada's new superteam that rivals the 80's version.

SergioMomesso

Mar 8, 2011
Oilers play thursday against the Bruins so the boys better get an early lead and run all 4 lines to keep em fresh fro Saturday night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad