Pre-Game Talk: GM 34: Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers - Dec 13 - CBC - 6:00PM PST

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
large.png
vs
large.png

WHEN: Friday, December 13th, 6:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, British Columbia
TV: CBC
RADIO: TEAM 1040AM

Vancouver Canucks

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - David Booth
Chris Higgins - Ryan Kesler - Mike Santorelli
Jannik Hansen - Brad Richardson - Dale Weise
Jeremy Welsh - Zac Dalpe - Zack Kassian

Dan Hamhuis - Chris Tanev
Ryan Stanton - Kevin Bieksa
Andrew Alberts - Jason Garrison

Roberto Luongo

Edmonton Oilers

Taylor Hall - Sam Gagner - Nail Yakupov
David Perron - Ryan Nugent Hopkins - Jordan Eberle
Ryan Smyth - Mark Arcobello - Ales Hemsky
Ryan Jones - Anton Lander - Luke Gazdic

Andrew Ference - Justin Schultz
Martin Marincin - Jeff Petry
Nick Schultz - Philip Larsen

Devan Dubnyk

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
Gonna say the Nucks lose this one as they are look ahead to the Boston game.

Edmonton fans come in here with posts such as "DY-NASTZZZ", "LOLongo" etc...

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hopefully the Canucks have their eye on the ball in this game, and not the game coming the following night.

Looking for the Twins to break out of their funk in this one. Wonder how fast the revolving door will be churning on their wing.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Hopefully the Canucks have their eye on the ball in this game, and not the game coming the following night.

Looking for the Twins to break out of their funk in this one. Wonder how fast the revolving door will be churning on their wing.

What's Anson Carter up to these days?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The key to the game. Score early and shake the Oilers' confidence and they will fold like a cheap suit. Let them hang around and they could gain confidence and make a game of it.

Hit the young guys like Eberle, Hall, Gagner and RNH at every opportunity. Release the Kassian!

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
100% trap game.

Canucks blow goats and Luongo gets lit up like a Christmas tree.

Board blows up during and after the game.

Torts rips them a new one and they beat the living piss out of Boston Saturday.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Could not care less about what happens on Friday (no injuries please). It's all about Saturday

2 points is 2 points, and we need 2 points. Edmonton should be a gimme 2 points. I will be tremendously disappointed if the Canucks lose to the Oilers, especially as I live with two Oilers fans.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Going to this game because I love watching the Sedins regain their confidence against the OIL..

They were pretty terrible last night hopefullly after some rest they come out with some Shots<Scoring chances<Goals

6-2 Canucks Lack in goal is my guess

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
So what do you guys think. Lack again Friday? Lack against the Bruins? Or back to back Luongo?

i'm not sure but im pretty sure Schneider got the last start against the Bruins so i'm 99% sure they'll give

this start to Luongo, you can bet how bad he wants it!

Lundface*

Edmonton has actually been quite good recently so not sure why people are claiming this should be an automatic win.

Give Lack the Boston game. Last thing I'd want to see is them motivated to light up Luongo, put in the goalie they haven't seen.

Also the Sedins need to pick it up. Nice that the team can win without them doing well which is much in part to the play of Santorelli, he's seriously changed the outlook of this team. After the twins he has been the player that drives the play offensively most on this team. What a great story.

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
Of the two games this weekend, this is the more important game. The Boston game, after what would then be a six game winning streak, would be an acceptable and understandable game to drop, but not this game against the Oil. Anyone who's putting more value on the Boston game needs to forget about 2011. They aren't rivals.

That said, we all know which game we're more excited to watch :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad