Pre-Game Talk: GM 34: Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers - Dec 13 - CBC - 6:00PM PST

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Oilers are a bad team, but if you take them for granted they can burn you and score in bunches. I know Boston is a statement game, but winning the divisional matchup is arguably more important. Give Luongo the Oilers start, and if they can keep it south of 20 shots against, go with Luongo vs Boston too. If Luongo gets a lot of work, Torts will probably be tempted to throw Lack in against Boston.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Oilers are a bad team, but if you take them for granted they can burn you and score in bunches. I know Boston is a statement game, but winning the divisional matchup is arguably more important. Give Luongo the Oilers start, and if they can keep it south of 20 shots against, go with Luongo vs Boston too. If Luongo gets a lot of work, Torts will probably be tempted to throw Lack in against Boston.

Why would he be tempted to throw in lack if lu gets lots of shots? Lu tends to get on a roll when he faces lots of shots. He's already had quite a few days of rest.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
I just hope the Canucks don't pack it in against the Oilers waiting for the Boston game as I paid $360 for two tickets when I wasn't aware Boston was in town the next night... FML

Oh well i predict a Sedin Bounce back game and Luongo shootout! (intentional jinx)

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I just hope the Canucks don't pack it in against the Oilers waiting for the Boston game as I paid $360 for two tickets when I wasn't aware Boston was in town the next night... FML

Oh well i predict a Sedin Bounce back game and Luongo shootout! (intentional jinx)

LoL.

Sorry i should not be laughing but that is funny.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Smh, well for your sake I hope they put on a good show. I'd be pissed if that somehow happened to me lol.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why? I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?

Perfect answer!

I like to take advantage of any chance to absorb more wisdom from Healy and Stock so I welcome two days in a row of fantastic CBC coverage.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
We could be winning 6-0 and pj will still not like something about our game and focus on it.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Not going to hear too many good things from CBC about our team. Probably mostly going to hear about how good of a team the bruins are and how the future is looking bright for the Oilers, etc...and we will still be criticized somewhere...doesn't matter if we win both games.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
scm6MNR.png

Hopefully the players are more focused on Friday's game vs. the Edmonton Oilers than many of the fans. :sarcasm:

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
The wit and wisdom of PJ Stock - one can never get enough.

I've said this before but one great thing about HNIC moving away from CBC - there's always the chance the Bruins ****-******* will be out of a job. Well, aside from Cherry.....

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
I would start Lack against Edmonton. I think it makes the most sense. He's coming off a shutout and it lets Luongo take the tougher matchup.

sk8er

Nov 8, 2008
Aaaaaarrrrrggghhh....two nights of stupid p.j.(is that short for pajamas?) stock? And Healey also? Oh crap.........really?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Aaaaaarrrrrggghhh....two nights of stupid p.j.(is that short for pajamas?) stock? And Healey also? Oh crap.........really?

This is precisely why they invented the 'Mute' button for PJ moments.
I've always wondered if PJ wears those adult diapers during the hockey broadcasts as well.
As he says: "I can't even tell that I have them on."

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Haha wish I didn't read that. Now
It's ingrained in my brain.

I added the Saturday post a few posts later because I was told it was so last year. So, she just came out with a new song this month I think called Saturday. It doesn't sound like Friday, but it doesn't matter to me!

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
I've said this before but one great thing about HNIC moving away from CBC - there's always the chance the Bruins ****-******* will be out of a job. Well, aside from Cherry.....

A few years ago I would have lamented the end of HNIC on CBC but it went downhill in so many regards. I'll never forget the crap they pulled in 2011.

bure 96

Sep 6, 2013
Luongo should not play against Boston. 2 points against Edmonton are just as good as 2 points against Boston. Since winning against Edmonton is theoretically easier, Luongo should play in that game. He has nothing to gain by playing Boston. This "rivalry" is dead unless they meet up again in the SCF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad