Post-Game Talk: GM 3: Sharks def. Canucks 5-2 - Lead Series 3-0 - FIRE EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Towel-Power

GoCanucksGo
Apr 1, 2007
HomeoftheClassless
Are the Sedins falling apart again? Also, Schneider choked? (I'm glancing through all the comments here.)

Yes to the first one. Schneider had some mysterious injury/illness that kept him out of the line up for the first 2 playoff games so Luongo suited up and was our best player. Schneider felt better by game 3 so AV started Schneider instead of Luongo and Schneider was I guess rusty from not playing or not healed properly or none of the above but he let in 2 weak goals in the 3rd period which made the game out of reach. But scoring is the bigger problem for sure.

Kesler was a beast in game 2 but other than that? It's like all of our forwards don't exist.

MilanKraft*

No worries, Sharks are chokers, win the next one and the rest will fall into place.

:laugh:

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Man I just knew Minnesota winning yesterday was a bad sign. Every team is 2-1, you know whos gonna break that pattern. :laugh: Not even mad anymore, that what this team does. They like to make a joke of themselves.

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
why do the nucks always do the "goalie switch" thing every year in the playoffs. luongo played great for 2 games...... why take him out haha

i still have hope the canucks will pull this off but they need to put roberto back in.

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
The Canucks gritty players try to play like the Sedins....we don't have Lapierre, Hansen, Higgins going into dirty areas and winning battles.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Just realized we also have lost the last 6 HOME GAMES. So our poor fans haven't had a lot to cheer about these past 3 years....

Fire Mike Gillis please.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I just hope that when we do fire Vigneault we don't replace him with that idiot Arniel.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Every player on the sharks have 11 minutes + ice time. Our depth is still a problem and hasn't been addressed the last 3 years.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Every player on the sharks have 11 minutes + ice time. Our depth is still a problem and hasn't been addressed the last 3 years.

Not going to disagree that our depth isn't where it should be but I think the coach is the bigger issue. He has his "favorites" and overplays them because of it. I don't think AV is managing the team properly. His system is stale as well. The players just don't seem to be responding to his game anymore. I remember when he first took over and one of the things he preached was that he has no favorites, he didn't care what the name on the back read, it was about what you can do. I think he has fallen into the same trap that kills most coaches. He has become arrogant and blind to change.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Not going to disagree that our depth isn't where it should be but I think the coach is the bigger issue. He has his "favorites" and overplays them because of it. I don't think AV is managing the team properly. His system is stale as well. The players just don't seem to be responding to his game anymore. I remember when he first took over and one of the things he preached was that he has no favorites, he didn't care what the name on the back read, it was about what you can do. I think he has fallen into the same trap that kills most coaches. He has become arrogant and blind to change.

Schroeder has done well enough to manage 10+ minutes in a 4th line role. Weise and Kassian have both been good in these playoffs (more so Kassian who IMO has been very good). Lapierre is also more than good enough in a 4th line role.

If AV can't manage to assemble a 4th line he can trust over the course of a whole season then that's his own fault. The pieces are certainly there. Hell, even with Sestito, that 4th line yesterday created some great chances and zone time. Still, they only got a marginal amount of minutes.

The TSN crew even highlighted the shift where our 4th line hemmed their 3rd line in for closet to a minute.

Edit: And I completely forgot about Ballard who has done well as a forward this season.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
You buy out Booth and Ballard, let Raymond go, solve the goaltending issue, and spend that money on another good defender and another quality second line player.

With those two pieces in place, this team should be a legitimate contender for another 2-3 years.

You aren't going to get "another good defender and another good quality second line player" for the salary cap space of the goalie. Because buying out Booth and Ballard and letting Raymond go will simply allow the Canucks to field a team, they are that tight to the cap.

And where will you get those two players? On the UFA market where they'll cost you $10M combined? What assets will the Canucks trade to get them?

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Schroeder has done well enough to manage 10+ minutes in a 4th line role. Weise and Kassian have both been good in these playoffs (more so Kassian who IMO has been very good). Lapierre is also more than good enough in a 4th line role.

If AV can't manage to assemble a 4th line he can trust over the course of a whole season then that's his own fault. The pieces are certainly there. Hell, even with Sestito, that 4th line yesterday created some great chances and zone time. Still, they only got a marginal amount of minutes.

The TSN crew even highlighted the shift where our 4th line hemmed their 3rd line in for closet to a minute.

Edit: And I completely forgot about Ballard who has done well as a forward this season.

Yep, That is why I do feel as though the problem is more to do with coaching and the management of players. I do think our depth could improve. When you roll with Ebbett as your 3rd/4th line C I'm not sure how this can be debated. Still though, it all starts and ends with coaching.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Yep, That is why I do feel as though the problem is more to do with coaching and the management of players. I do think our depth could improve. When you roll with Ebbett as your 3rd/4th line I C I'm not sure how this can be debated. Still though, it all starts and ends with coaching.

Yeah, but since acquiring Roy, there has been 0 reason to play Ebbett. AV just chose to play him over Schroeder who he deemed not ready.

Let's not forget Lapierre was our 3rd line centre the year we went to the SCF.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
I want him to say "I failed to make the adjustments needed, and I need to do a better job for next game."

Maybe some coach said this sometime but I can't remember it. They almost always place accountibility on the players. "it is what it is"? Wow! Sounds like he knows he's done.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Yeah, but since acquiring Roy, there has been 0 reason to play Ebbett. AV just chose to play him over Schroeder who he deemed not ready.

Let's not forget Lapierre was our 3rd line centre the year we went to the SCF.

I just don't understand why we were playing Ebbett over JS. This last month could have been valuable experience for him. IMO this is exactly what I was talking about. AV has his Favorites and has become arrogant and blind to change. He has mismanaged so many areas.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Maybe some coach said this sometime but I can't remember it. They almost always place accountibility on the players. "it is what it is"? Wow! Sounds like he knows he's done.

I have heard all three of Babcock, Boucher and Cooper blame themselves for losses.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Everybody ready for comically one sided officiating in our favour next game? Lots of money to be made by having one more game in Vancouver.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Everybody ready for comically one sided officiating in our favour next game? Lots of money to be made by having one more game in Vancouver.

Not gonna happen cuz we are Vancouver... At most the officiating will be even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad