Post-Game Talk: GM 3: Sharks def. Canucks 5-2 - Lead Series 3-0 - FIRE EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
**** the league, and **** the referees.

That's all I have to say.

Agree.
gillis31.jpg

Not even close.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
That meltdown against Chicago in Game 6 in 2009 was the worst thing that happened to this core.

Since then, the meltdowns have been cropping up at the worst times. They just seem to lose hope and stop trying. It's a sad trend. Just this year there's been four or five bad ones.

I called this outcome a mile ago. Granted, not quite what we witnessed but I knew we were dead. Why? The OT loss prior was heartbreaking and this team lacks the fightback to rally behind such a disappointing loss. Instead of finding another gear, they wallowed and now have packed it in.

ValidVick*

I'm gonna bet all my Vcash that AV is on his way to work with Dallas in someway to be with his love, Aaron Rome.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
Kesler just isn't the smartest hockey player in the world. No matter how hard he works he'll always have that working against him.

Here's a thought: Lots of guys aren't the smartest hockey players in the world. I guess they'll always have that working against them too right?

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
And for the record, I still think we have a chance to win this. At even strength I think we're still the better team, just not getting the luck that the Sharks are getting right now. Regardless, the coaching staff aren't helping - they just seem to be doing whatever they can to tilt the ice in the opponents' favour. Which is probably the single most frustrating thing about it all.

Sedinery2011

Nov 18, 2010
Vancouver, BC
And for the record, I still think we have a chance to win this. At even strength I think we're still the better team, just not getting the luck that the Sharks are getting right now. Regardless, the coaching staff aren't helping - they just seem to be doing whatever they can to tilt the ice in the opponents' favour. Which is probably the single most frustrating thing about it all.

url

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
If there's a time for a hail mary, it's now. What's Vigneault got to lose, his job? Guranteed that's gone if this team loses on Tuesday.

His job is gone, but how he handles himself for the rest of the series will dictate how the rest of his career goes.

Not a chance he'll call out the refs or do anything not ultra-conservative in an effort to keep a clean reputation around the league.

This sort of stuff is absolute idiocy.

You buy out Booth and Ballard, let Raymond go, solve the goaltending issue, and spend that money on another good defender and another quality second line player.

With those two pieces in place, this team should be a legitimate contender for another 2-3 years.

And Vigneault will of course be gone.

'Sucked' by winning two division titles and a President's Trophy.

Our playoff performances have been brutal but this team has been elite in the regular season.

Fans here continue to be the most spoiled on the planet.

Please post more.

This is why he's a lousy captain. Why can't he call the team out, including himself and his brother, for playing like crap? We're getting steamrolled this series and well on our way to being swept.

I hate to say this, but I'm starting to agree. Wait, no I'm not.

If Henrik Sedin came out with a "we're going to expose them for who they are" comment, I'd agree with you. Why the **** would the Sedins change their personality/game to fit some ridiculous media created stereotype about rah rah leaders.

They have a directive - it's to hit everything that moves, even if you have to take countless penalties and get out of position to do it.

Fans keep thinking a lack of effort is the problem when it's clear as day the problem is a lack of discipline. That, and the team changes it's style drastically come playoff time and their only focus is on outhitting their opponents.

IMO a lot of this is on coaching and management. Since the 1st loss to the Blackhawks this team has been trying to play 'tough' when the playoffs roll around and they play their worst hockey when doing so.

A lack of size up front is also a concern. They just can't get inside opposition defenders to score the much needed gargabe goals.

The lack of identity is it, and I've been saying as much for the past week. The team doesn't have the personnel to be the 2011 Boston Bruins, but yet they keep trying to play as such. They also no longer have the firepower to be the 2011 Canucks. What's left is a faceless, ghost of a team with no direction.

I really hope Tiranis doesn't have to eat his hat. Boucher would be perfect to get things back on track.

I found Thornton's comments more complimentary of Luongo than anything else. Didn't think he was being classless at all. And I hate Thornton.

He's sticking up for a former teammate. Good on Joe. You can see he's really matured as a leader over the past few years. A ***** to play against, but I'm glad he'll be able to shed his choker image soon.

You really think keeping the same core around that's proven time and time again that it's not good enough is somehow going to net different results?

Do you really think getting Nathan MacKinnon is the answer?

You'd get different results by blowing up the core, that's for sure. Different as in you'd perennially finish in the bottom-5.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you wanted to trade the Sedins for the second overall to take Victor Hedman. How would that have turned out? Would you still do that trade?

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006

1. They have no chance, but keep hoping I guess.

2. They aren't better in any way than the sharks. Even strength they get a couple seconds of pressure every few shifts, with a perimeter shot. Sharks cause mayhem every time the puck crosses the blue line. The Canucks have no defensive system, and it shows.

3. They have no chance.

4. They can't keep it at even strength thanks in part to ******** reffing.

5. They have no chance.

6. Finally, they have no chance.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
His job is gone, but how he handles himself for the rest of the series will dictate how the rest of his career goes.

Not a chance he'll call out the refs or do anything not ultra-conservative in an effort to keep a clean reputation around the league.

Please post more.

I hate to say this, but I'm starting to agree. Wait, no I'm not.

If Henrik Sedin came out with a "we're going to expose them for who they are" comment, I'd agree with you. Why the **** would the Sedins change their personality/game to fit some ridiculous media created stereotype about rah rah leaders.

The lack of identity is it, and I've been saying as much for the past week. The team doesn't have the personnel to be the 2011 Boston Bruins, but yet they keep trying to play as such. They also no longer have the firepower to be the 2011 Canucks. What's left is a faceless, ghost of a team with no direction.

I really hope Tiranis doesn't have to eat his hat. Boucher would be perfect to get things back on track.

He's sticking up for a former teammate. Good on Joe. You can see he's really matured as a leader over the past few years. A ***** to play against, but I'm glad he'll be able to shed his choker image soon.

Do you really think getting Nathan MacKinnon is the answer?

You'd get different results by blowing up the core, that's for sure. Different as in you'd perennially finish in the bottom-5.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you wanted to trade the Sedins for the second overall to take Victor Hedman. How would that have turned out? Would you still do that trade?

lol.

Despite being up 3-0, the sharks are not going to be going deep. Chicago will beat them without much trouble.

I hope Thornton never wins a thing.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Pretty bad how in the post-game interviews Luongo tells it like it is and calls out the entire team, while the captain basically says they played another good game before it all blew up in the early third period. The current captain is delirious if he really thinks we played well today.

"We absolutely have to score more," captain Henrik Sedin said. "They are scoring a lot and we need to put more goals in."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=422508

Is this what you want more of from Henrik? EMOTION

itr2dq9zKawZf.gif

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
1. They have no chance, but keep hoping I guess.

2. They aren't better in any way than the sharks. Even strength they get a couple seconds of pressure every few shifts, with a perimeter shot. Sharks cause mayhem every time the puck crosses the blue line. The Canucks have no defensive system, and it shows.

3. They have no chance.

4. They can't keep it at even strength thanks in part to ******** reffing.

5. They have no chance.

6. Finally, they have no chance.

My point is that - in spite of the horrible coaching we've seen - we can still win this. That, despite everything they have going against them, they're good enough to pull it off. Make no mistake - we've outplayed the Sharks.

But of course, asking the coaches not to make any more stupid decisions that worsen everything alone might be asking for too much already. So...

Last edited:

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
lol.

Despite being up 3-0, the sharks are not going to be going deep. Chicago will beat them without much trouble.

I hope Thornton never wins a thing.

Oh, Chicago will destroy them, but Thornton and Marleau both no longer have that label with them. Neither of those guys really deserved the label in the first place.

Couture is the only player on that team I don't like. Too many whiny comments. Thornton, Pavelski, Boyle, Marleau, Havlat are all guys I wouldn't mind have some success. Especially compared to the other teams in the West.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Pointless shot on a diver in a game where the refs are calling everything.

How about instead of that garbage he actually steps up.

New coach should seriously reevaluate who is the captain of this team.

these are the types of acts that a Shane Doan, or Kevin Bieksa would get praise for. Mean, and physical

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Pointless shot on a diver in a game where the refs are calling everything.

How about instead of that garbage he actually steps up.

New coach should seriously reevaluate who is the captain of this team.

Oh I agree with the first two. Pauser and some others seem to be obsessed with the notion though that what's making Henrik a bad captain is that he doesn't pull some of this physical **** when he isn't scoring. Not enough emotion. Too calm and passive. Needs more aggression. And so on.

The third point, whatever. Giving Kesler a C isn't going to change anything. And please don't tell me that you'd give it to Brendan ****ing Gaunce at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad