Post-Game Talk: GM 3: Sharks def. Canucks 5-2 - Lead Series 3-0 - FIRE EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Here's a thought: Lots of guys aren't the smartest hockey players in the world. I guess they'll always have that working against them too right?

Ah yes or course, you think being dumb is gonna help.:rolleyes:

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Oh, Chicago will destroy them, but Thornton and Marleau both no longer have that label with them. Neither of those guys really deserved the label in the first place.

Couture is the only player on that team I don't like. Too many whiny comments. Thornton, Pavelski, Boyle, Marleau, Havlat are all guys I wouldn't mind have some success. Especially compared to the other teams in the West.

uh, why?

Last I checked the sharks aren't even out of the first round.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
these are the types of acts that a Shane Doan, or Kevin Bieksa would get praise for. Mean, and physical

Right, except Bieksa and Doan will actually do something other than give Couture a whack.

They will also do it because it is part of their game.

Henrik does it because he's not capable of doing anything else come playoff time.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
uh, why?

Last I checked the sharks aren't even out of the first round.

Weren't you listening to the broadcast? There was a ton of talk about how Marleau now has the second most playoff goals among active players with 54. Playing the Canucks must be a dream come true for the guy, I think I heard that he's never had a pointless game against us in the playoffs.

Thornton's leadership is being praised too. Especially in direct comparison with the leaders on Vancouver, he looks like a saint. And you know that's all the guys on CBC care about.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Henrik does it because he's not capable of doing anything else come playoff time.

Is that not what everyone here is literally screaming for him to do? Provide something else when the offense dries up? Assert himself as the leader of this team by making his presence felt if he can't do it on the scoresheet?

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
So because you're not the absolute smartest, you're automatically dumb? Love the logic. :laugh:

Do you honestly not understand the phrase "not the smartest"?. It's a polite way of calling somebody dumb.

You're not the smartest poster.

King of Anarchy

Sep 30, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
It's sad how much value is put on being a captain. Frankly, it doesn't really mean much anymore. We just like to think it does.

But hey, I'll bite.

Regardless of his performance in recent games, there's absolutely no reason why we should be discussing Henrik's future as captain. He's the most accomplished player in team history, he's great with the media, he's amazing within the community and he's loved by his teammates. (while Kesler on the other hand is injured all the time, he has a rocky relationship at best with the media and fans and his on-ice antics hardly scream leadership)

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
The captaincy is the least of our problems. Our biggest problems is the pervasive and constant misuse of personnel on this team. We've got a team of mostly small finesse burners and two-way tweeners trying to play like the Nashville Predators. We've got formerly top-4 (for TWO different teams) defencemen sitting in favour of raw rookies and AHL castoffs EVEN when they play well. We've got no offensively minded young guys who are consistently given a fair chance to make the roster.

Besides, Kesler is the next best pick for captain and it's abundantly clear that he isn't mature enough or good enough with the media to be the captain. So why not leave one of the few things that isn't completely putrid about this team alone?

Last edited:

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=422508

Is this what you want more of from Henrik? EMOTION

itr2dq9zKawZf.gif

man that's just pathetic... take the C off..

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Anybody want to add to this?

Game 3:
- Lapierre crosscheck called / crosscheck on Kesler not called
- Weise roughing in a scrum
- Hamhuis slashing for a 5on3
- Couture picking up the puck and tossing it out
- Lapierre/Kassian roughing

Game 2:
- Garrison gets crosschecked in the face
- Henrik slides the puck back with the shaft of his stick / called as playing with his hand
- Burrows goalie interference

- Massive hook on Henrik (early 90's style) as he carried the puck into the zone on the PP in game #2.
- Sharks Dman glove covers puck AND tosses it out of crease

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Kesler - apparently has no wheels. Probably the most troubling aspect of all the worrying aspects of the Canucks play (and their future) is the lack of strength in Kesler's skating. You wonder if he ever gets back to where he was. Was very ineffective in this game and no amount of gamemanship can make up for this.

Gold Stars, exactly why I thought this team should have traded him 2 years ago. Guy is one more hip injury away from retirement and his game is based on his core strength which may never be the same.

That's the BOLD move that should have happened, that and trading Schneider when he was the entry-level goaltending darling of the league.

The assets we would have had back from these two moves would have given us all the scoring depth we needed.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Does anyone else think this last game will be the key indicator as to our character.

I posted on the main board during the 2nd period it looks honestly to me like the canucks want to go on vacation and go golfing.

Will we pull a toews and try to expose them, or will we roll over and get ready for summer vacations.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
The positive thing is that when the game was still winnable, the Canucks had 100% success rate in scoring chances. Of course it was unfortunate that they only had 1 scoring chance during those 2 periods.

Towel-Power

GoCanucksGo
Apr 1, 2007
HomeoftheClassless
Does anyone else think this last game will be the key indicator as to our character.

I posted on the main board during the 2nd period it looks honestly to me like the canucks want to go on vacation and go golfing.

Will we pull a toews and try to expose them, or will we roll over and get ready for summer vacations.

This is the same team that couldn't score a goal in a SCF game 7. The same team that went down 3-0 last year and has done the same thing this year. These Canucks just aren't the type of team to fight and claw their way back to a game 7. They give up after a bad goal or 2. Maybe I'm being too harsh but I don't think game 4 will really show us anything significant.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Okay... I haven't been home in a week and just found out about all this. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Can anyone summarize what the hell went wrong?

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
It can really all be summed up in 3 words: We can't score.

It's bad. Real bad. Heck, I think I felt more confident in the 06-07 team scoring wise.

Are the Sedins falling apart again? Also, Schneider choked? (I'm glancing through all the comments here.)

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Hey guys I am just wondering, why did SJS get 8 powerplays and we only got 2????

Why the **** do they have more than 3 times the amount of pp we have in the last 3 games...God damn//

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad