Post-Game Talk: GM 3: Sharks def. Canucks 5-2 - Lead Series 3-0 - FIRE EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolClarkson*

Gillis essentially made the decision to choose Raymond over Grabner. Maybe the correct decision at the time, but obviously a mistake - especially when you factor in how awful that trade was.

And to top it all off, Raymond will very likely walk this summer for nothing.

The Ballard trade was so bad that they had to burn a year off of Frank Corrados entry level deal by not playing Ballard.

So a year on Franky Corrados entry level deal can also be directly attributed to the Grabner trade.

Sedinery2011

Nov 18, 2010
Vancouver, BC
How about the corrupt reffing? Logan Couture closes his hand on the puck and throws it out of the zone at a critical time in the game on a Canucks PP. Clear as day..no call on an objective rule. Same with that guy that covered the puck with his hand as it crossed the goal line. Even after video review. How can this be explained other than it being corruption?? seriously

nutbar

Jan 19, 2011
I watched the AV post-game presser again and boy does he look defeated. That usual arrogant and smug attitude is gone. I don't know how this team is going to play Tuesday but if the coach's demeanor is any indication it won't be pretty.

Schneider should be made to play the whole game Tuesday, as punishment.

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm curious to see how full the building will be if there's a Game Five.

I can't imagine anybody wanting to spend that sort of money on this team right now.

digger18

Feb 23, 2009
Williams Lake B.C.

The Ballard trade was so bad that they had to burn a year off of Frank Corrados entry level deal by not playing Ballard.

So a year on Franky Corrados entry level deal can also be directly attributed to the Grabner trade.

Burning a year of Corrados ELC is in-excusable...Not because of the Ballard trade, but because we had a capable #6 short term fill-in (Barker) sitting in the press box wasting away. I can understand giving your young guys a look, but common, where was the foresight on that decision? It's not like utilizing Cam Barker would have caused this team to miss the playoffs.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
I'm curious to see how full the building will be if there's a Game Five.

I can't imagine anybody wanting to spend that sort of money on this tean right now.

I'll probably be there, since I don't think anyone will want to buy my tickets...

Or maybe I'll just let my dad and sister watch, because I can't bear to see the collapse live.

digger18

Feb 23, 2009
Williams Lake B.C.
How about the corrupt reffing? Logan Couture closes his hand on the puck and throws it out of the zone at a critical time in the game on a Canucks PP. Clear as day..no call on an objective rule. Same with that guy that covered the puck with his hand as it crossed the goal line. Even after video review. How can this be explained other than it being corruption?? seriously

We have become used to getting the short end of the officiating stick as Canucks fans at this point....It's not like that play was the difference in the game. Chances are the penalty shot attempt would have been fired right into Niemi's logo anyway.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007

That's on AV. Play Ballard instead of Corrado if that's your concern.

May 31, 2006
Burning a year of Corrados ELC is in-excusable...Not because of the Ballard trade, but because we had a capable #6 short term fill-in (Barker) sitting in the press box wasting away. I can understand giving your young guys a look, but common, where was the foresight on that decision? It's not like utilizing Cam Barker would have caused this team to miss the playoffs.

6r68o5.gif

arsmaster*

Sorry, but people worried about burning up a year of an ELC are just looking for more to complain about.

Realty is, the effect is not going to be very large, and IMO, Corrado cemented a spot on the team next year with his play.

Already showed he was a better option than the other guys.

digger18

Feb 23, 2009
Williams Lake B.C.
Sorry, but people worried about burning up a year of an ELC are just looking for more to complain about.

Realty is, the effect is not going to be very large, and IMO, Corrado cemented a spot on the team next year with his play.

The correct time for Corrado to cement his position on this roster should have been next training camp...The bottom line is that we lost a year of having him on the cheap, in an attempt to needlessly give the kid some extra games, when it definitely wasn't necessary. I like the idea he's getting some valuble playoff experience....however dressing him in those meaningless down the stretch games was a definite blunder IMO.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Definitely they need goals.

Canucks miss Centres.

Good centres help make defenders look great, which helps make goalies look great.

What I'm noticing is that Vancouver doesn't have the centre depth to compete with the Sharks, probably the biggest factor in the lack of offense.

It's been pretty shocking how badly Thornton/Couture/Pavelski have outplayed Kesler/Hankypanky.

Missing Malholtra.

Not necessarily arguing with you, but it is shocking that we can say the Canucks don't have the center depth to compete with the Sharks when they can ice Henrik Sedin, Ryan Kesler and Derek Roy.

Zarpan

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver

I agree. Burning a year of ELC doesn't make too much difference. What does it cost us? A million or two in cap space down the road? That cap space may be able to get a player that improves our team by one point over a replacement level player.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Wow seriously? No one is talking about game 4?

I'm expecting them to get blown out of the building.

AV will sit on the bench, and continue to chew. Immediately after the game he will attack Ballard, beating him to a bloody pulp in one last act of defiance.

Sedins will claim they didn't get the bounces, and they played well.

Kesler will look all pissed.

Raymond booked his flight prior the playoffs, and will depart from YVR to Mexico on Thursday.

Booth is in Michigan hunting ducks.

Gillis will find a severed horses head on his bed, courtesy of the Aquillini's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->