Proposal: Give Dallas a scorer

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Nuke Spezza Radulov is a decent 2nd line. They used it last game and won, and that line scored in EV. I think the best option is to continue splitting up the big line and see if they can spread out the wealth before tossing away what few futures they have.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Really think Dallas should've went for Czarnik in the offseason. But I think Dallas should be ringing up the Bruins team about one of Heinen/Donato/Bjork/Cehlarik.

Alternatively, I imagine a player like Andrighetto would be a nice fit but I don't think the Avs would want to help improve Dallas unless we're clearly out of the playoff picture.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Really think Dallas should've went for Czarnik in the offseason. But I think Dallas should be ringing up the Bruins team about one of Heinen/Donato/Bjork/Cehlarik.

Alternatively, I imagine a player like Andrighetto would be a nice fit but I don't think the Avs would want to help improve Dallas unless we're clearly out of the playoff picture.

Heinen and Donato I doubt are available and we need a proven 2nd liner more than anything. A Duchene or Stone or Eberle type that is a top 6 lock

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Won't Dallas face a cap crunch when Johns and Hanzal come back from injury? Doesn't that effect their ability to acquire a scorer somewhat? Won't they have to move some cap around to find a fit?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Nylander for Heiskenan as a base works. Or we can add Lilj+Nylander+1st for Klingberg

that deal is awful man

Klingberg is a great dman...offensively. Nylander,Liljegren and a 1st? I would probably give that up for 2 dmen in this entire league (hedman and doughty)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Won't Dallas face a cap crunch when Johns and Hanzal come back from injury? Doesn't that effect their ability to acquire a scorer somewhat? Won't they have to move some cap around to find a fit?

I think most of us aren’t expecting Hanzal to return this season.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
GM's have very little to do with the draft. They delegate and rely on their amateur scouting staff and head of scouting. They'll watch a few games of a few prospects sure, but ultimately they have to rely on their staff.
Im not sure on the rest of the league, but I know that Chevy from the Jets is out and about scouting young guys himself. I attend a lot of Wheat Kings games, and Chevy is there on a very regular basis. I even saw him last season in Brandon, and the Jets had a home game that night. He is also know to make the drive down to Grand Forks to watch the Fighting Sioux quite frequently throughout the season.

Reactions: Viktor Vaughn

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I don't understand. Why not? He skated with the team recently and he's supposedly on track for a late November return.
When (if?) he returns, it creates a cap crunch, doesn't it?

Shouldn’t be an issue at the deadline. We could always pack a contract like Shore’s into a deal.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't understand. Why not? He skated with the team recently and he's supposedly on track for a late November return.
When (if?) he returns, it creates a cap crunch, doesn't it?

Hanzal has to be first medically cleared for more than skating with the team and keeping in shape . I'm still skeptical someone who had a spinal fusion can return fulltime to contact sports . Maybe i'm wrong about that but i'm not too optimistic.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
I feel like Stone is the most realistic

He signed a 1 year deal for a reason .....

Shore + Honka + 2018 first round pick For Stone is more then a fair deal for them.

I would be okay with that also

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Im not sure on the rest of the league, but I know that Chevy from the Jets is out and about scouting young guys himself. I attend a lot of Wheat Kings games, and Chevy is there on a very regular basis. I even saw him last season in Brandon, and the Jets had a home game that night. He is also know to make the drive down to Grand Forks to watch the Fighting Sioux quite frequently throughout the season.

GM's scout too. I never said they didn't, I said they have very little to do with the draft. But they have so much on their plate, they typically only see a limited amount of games (10-20) compared to their scouting staff who have seen 200+ live games, and watched hours and hours and hours of tape and because of this delegate. I really really doubt Chevy is in Brandon on a regular basis.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
GM's scout too. I never said they didn't, I said they have very little to do with the draft. But they have so much on their plate, they typically only see a limited amount of games (10-20) compared to their scouting staff who have seen 200+ live games, and watched hours and hours and hours of tape and because of this delegate. I really really doubt Chevy is in Brandon on a regular basis.
He is, I see him often.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I have also seen him in my home town of Portage la Prairie. When we hosted the RBC Cup (National Championship tourny for Junior A) in 2015, he was in attendance throughout the week.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
He is, I see him often.

Have any proof? Forgive me for not believing some random on the internet and instead the numerous reports from general managers

What's regular basis to you? There's 36 regular season home games, and then playoffs on top of that. And then you're saying he's going to the Sioux regularly too.

It's crazy to think that a GM, with all his other duties would be full time scouting as well lol. Is Chevy working 18 hour days throughout the year? lol. Give me a break. I don't doubt he makes the 2 and a half hour drive from time to time to visit his old stomping grounds and scout a player. But regularly is insane. If you want a free case of beer though, Brandon has a 3 game homestand this week. Reply to this with some verified mentions of him in attendance for all 3 games, or since you're there, pics, and I'll send you a case of beer. Otherwise don't sensationalize or make up stuff.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
package deal

Zib - mid 20s, righty shot, 1C or great 1RW, former 6OA, 4 yrs 5.35
Skjei early 20s, lefty shot, top mid pair now, first pair upside, 6 yrs, 5.25
Buchenvich W upside, expiring elc, retain RFA
Zuc ideal fit top 6, plays either W, speed, playmaker w/enuf scoring is expiring at 4.5, Rangers eat half = 2.25.
{While there is a good chance IMO that Hayes [not part of this deal] does a Chapman back to the Yankees and returns after being rented out, Zuc, while he admittedly loves NY and NYR, is not in the rebuild, and if comfortable, I could see him extending 2-3 yrs not cheap but reasonable w/production.}
ballpark cap is a shade over 13.25
for

Heiskanen elc
2019 or 2020 1st
cap dump Spezza 7.5 expiring
cap dump Hanzal currently IR, often IRed, 4.75x2
Pitlick 4th line C or RW, 1m x 2
ballpark cap is 13.25

deal is $ balanced.

that is the deal.
if Stars also want a 2nd deal on a discounted McQuaid for cap dumps that is something that can be considered

Heiskanen is a major wince, BUT
Skjei and Zib = solid w/term
Skjei is not the all around stud Heisk is but he offers enough defensively and is an outstanding skater, not Kreider/MacKinnon/McDavid level, but offers much if not most of a very early, still developing McDonagh pre-injury and pre-experience.
The rest of the deal gives Stars ongoing firepower, mostly under club control. Zuc is UFA at year's end but there is no reason to think he won't re-sign if you offer market rate, if he likes it in big D, maybe even a bit less.

While there is always room for improvement, particularly at blue line and in net, this deal makes Stars the Cup favorite.
Presumably your pick will be very, very late if not last, and you will want to pay it this year to NYR, but you can delay for 1 yr, so if you do get great deal for a top D, you have currency besides besides prospects.

Rangers create room prospects to advance at pivot, and LD prospects know that as soon as ready, a slot is available for them [if Heiskanen moves to RD at some point].

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00