Proposal: Give Dallas a scorer

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Zuccarello to Dallas would be a good fit. A return of Lindell and a 2019 1st work?
Oof... I wouldnt move Lindell for Zucc straight up. Lindell showed he was a legit high end #3 last year who can play with Kling on the top pair and through preseason and 2 games he looks as good if not better this year. He is massively underrated and there is a decent chance he finishes this year looking like a #2. He is gonna cost us a lot when his contract is up but there is no way I trade him for wing help.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Fans are souring on him, honestly. His trading is mostly amazing but his FA acquisitions are hit-or-miss (Radulov and Bishop are great, most others are pretty meh). The biggest problem we have with him is his drafting, which is what he is supposed to be best at. His drafting flat out sucks.

He finally seems to have got the coaching right with Montgomery (remains to be seen), although the Hitchcock seems to have come from above his head. Ruff was a mess and wasn't his first choice, but he did stick with him for 4 years (and got 2 playoff appearances from him).

If the team misses the playoffs again, there will probably be some serious calls for him to go. I would expect him to get one last chance, though, and if there isn't success after that, he's gone.

GM's have very little to do with the draft. They delegate and rely on their amateur scouting staff and head of scouting. They'll watch a few games of a few prospects sure, but ultimately they have to rely on their staff.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Zuccarello to Dallas would be a good fit. A return of Lindell and a 2019 1st work?

Young important roster player a non-starter for me. Prospects , picks and guys currently miss/underused sure but definitely not our best defensive defenseman . Nobody else on the roster i would trust with the toughest defensive assignments . Methot is kept together with duct tape and might fall apart again soon and who the hell knows when Johns comes back . Heiskanen played 2 games , admitedly two very good games , but still Lindell isn't replaceable .

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
GM's have very little to do with the draft. They delegate and rely on their amateur scouting staff and head of scouting. They'll watch a few games of a few prospects sure, but ultimately they have to rely on their staff.

And it's the GM's job to make sure the staff is doing their job properly.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I don’t wanna overreact after scoring five against one of the best teams in the league, but it’s so obvious that we’re a one line team that’s gonna have trouble scoring on the road. They’re gonna need to get a guy, maybe two.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
God no. Lindell is part of defense core for the future. He's a legit top 4 defender (arguably a #2) and is a near perfect fit for Klingberg.

Dickinson + Tufte + protected 1st seemed like a hit with most Rangers' fans, so that's what I'd offer. Even that seems a bit pricey, especially considering how saturated the market will probably be.

I wouldn't want Dickinson. He's bordering on bust status, over 5 years removed from his draft year and hasn't shown a lot towards being a top-6 forward in the NHL. There's a reason his name seems to be thrown around a lot in the trade threads I've seen that involve Stars players.

Another prospect in place of Dickinson would be good.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
And they are ultimately responsible for the people they hire or (don't) fire.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Ultimately the Stars should be looking for a minimum 40 point shoot first guy. Preferably a right wing. Silfverberg sounds like a great option, but he's just a UFA at the end of the year and ANA is pretty stocked with RHD, so Honka isn't a return there, AND Anaheim is at the top of the Pacific so I doubt they're looking to move a piece like Silfverberg.

Zuccarello will be too expensive, but would probably be a good get. Nylander is an insane fever pipe dream. Scherbak from MTL might be a decent 1 for 1 option.

Honka and one of Dickinson, Ritchie, Shore, Hintz, or Smith should be a somewhat valuable package to a team that's out of competition and wants to build a bit, but not so valuable as to pry top 5 prospects away from teams that are very well stocked.

In two weeks we'll see which teams are really noncompetitive for the year and who might be available.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Hot take on the Stars drafting- it’s really not that bad. It’s just soured by the debacle that was the 14 draft, and the Gurianov pick. Otherwise it’s been fine. Not great, but fine. If it was great we wouldn’t have a depth scoring problem.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Ultimately the Stars should be looking for a minimum 40 point shoot first guy. Preferably a right wing. Silfverberg sounds like a great option, but he's just a UFA at the end of the year and ANA is pretty stocked with RHD, so Honka isn't a return there, AND Anaheim is at the top of the Pacific so I doubt they're looking to move a piece like Silfverberg.

Zuccarello will be too expensive, but would probably be a good get. Nylander is an insane fever pipe dream. Scherbak from MTL might be a decent 1 for 1 option.

Honka and one of Dickinson, Ritchie, Shore, Hintz, or Smith should be a somewhat valuable package to a team that's out of competition and wants to build a bit, but not so valuable as to pry top 5 prospects away from teams that are very well stocked.

In two weeks we'll see which teams are really noncompetitive for the year and who might be available.

If Rick Nash can stay healthy I wouldn't mind Nill kicking the tires there. He's younger than Spezza, and wouldn't cost Dallas anything major. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad