Proposal: Give Dallas a scorer

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
Quick question. Do you think the Stars would give up 2 1st and two 2nd round picks for Nylander signed ? Just curious. Obviously, this would never happen,just like most stuff discussed here. Both teams are already so hilariously top heavy. Just pure hypothetical. Leafs are OBVIOUSLY not looking to rebuild, but assets are assets.

I am not saying it is a wise trade for anyone. I just wanted to gauge if you think Dallas could do enough damage with Nylander to not miss the draft picks or do you think the picks would be lottery ?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Quick question. Do you think the Stars would give up 2 1st and two 2nd round picks for Nylander signed ? Just curious. Obviously, this would never happen,just like most stuff discussed here. Both teams are already so hilariously top heavy. Just pure hypothetical. Leafs are OBVIOUSLY not looking to rebuild, but assets are assets.

I am not saying it is a wise trade for anyone. I just wanted to gauge if you think Dallas could do enough damage with Nylander to not miss the draft picks or do you think the picks would be lottery ?

I couldn't see Jim Nill doing that honestly. He hates moving first round picks

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

I’d do that in a moments notice. The Stars with Nylander would finally have some depth scoring and would likely be a playoff team those two years meaning the firsts would be 15-31 and the seconds would be 45-62. They aren’t going to find a player as good as Nylander with those picks.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

I think in a vacuum, the team receiving Nylander in that transaction is definitely winning. He would make Dallas a terror.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Heiskanen would cost both ....

Reilly + Nylander

Klingberg would cost Marner +

In both cases the Stars say no

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Heiskanen would cost both ....

Reilly + Nylander

Klingberg would cost Marner +

In both cases the Stars say no

Stars only say no because they absolutely need Klingberg to drive their offense.

Stars also will need Heiskanen, but it is Nill who truly needs Heiskanen...to succeed like Klingberg or this guy named Scott Niedermayer, with whom he is often compared, so his legacy of shitty drafting can be salvaged from the lotus flowering from the muck. Stars say no to dealing Heiskanen on that account alone, but his value is not Nylander + Reilly. That's insane.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Robertson might be playing his way out of any deal for a forward. What a prospect.

Not this year though. Hope Nichushkin can maintain his play from this last game but we will need a 2nd line center no matter what at some point although Spezza has been decent

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Not this year though. Hope Nichushkin can maintain his play from this last game but we will need a 2nd line center no matter what at some point although Spezza has been decent

I think I trust a second line involving Spezza and Radulov. If one of Nichushkin or Spezza are going on all cylinders per game along with Rads, that’s a good looking 2nd unit. I still want to get forward help, but after what I saw from that 2nd line last night we may not need a drastic, sell the farm type of player like Duchene or Stone.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
You can have Brock Boeser and Bo Horvat. Got any players near their level with confirmed guts you can offer?

If you are looking for someone to take care of Matheson, Brett Ritchie and Roman Polak would destroy him. Best part is you can have them for free

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Panarin on Dallas would be absurdly fun to watch and borderline unfair. Jus sayin.

Feb 24, 2017
If you are looking for someone to take care of Matheson, Brett Ritchie and Roman Polak would destroy him. Best part is you can have them for free
I don’t even care, man. I saw damaging evidence last night about the character of the future. I have never felt this dark about my team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad