Proposal: Give Dallas a scorer

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
As you, the esteemed reader, may have heard, Dallas is gonna have scoring depth problems sooner or later. They look good now with two whole ass games under their belt, but eventually the need for another top six weapon is going to rear it’s ugly head. As far as job candidates go, there’s of course the usual suspects that keep being brought up (Stone, Duchene, Nylander), but I thought I’d dig a little deeper on teams who *could* (and probably will) be selling this year. Here’s my list of potential guys.

Detroit- Gus Nyquist
Detroit- Tom Vanek, again
Anaheim- Jakob Silfverberg
Minnesota- Eric Staal
NYR- Mats Zuccarello
NYR- Kevin Hayes
Montreal- Brendan Gallagher
NYI- Jordan Eberle
NYI- Brock Nelson
NYI- Anders Lee
Buffalo- Jeff Skinner

Fans of the teams above/anyone else- what would you want for the scorers listed? Do you think you have another fit I’m missing? Tell me. I wanna talk hockey.

Reactions: Intact

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Silfverberg won't be available until the deadline and then it's if the Ducks are out of the playoff race or no extension has been signed.

2nd round pick + prospect

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I thought they would have been a good fit for guys like Pacioretty and/or Stastny this offseason. That top line is absolutely killer, but the overall depth seems to be lacking a bit (not a single Fwd asides from Benn/Seguin/Rads had 0.5 PPG or above last year). If DAL is in the PO mix at the TDL I think they'll try getting a Fwd you have listed (classic TDL deal, picks+prospects to a rebuilding team ie to MTL, NYI , NYR, DET). However, I think it might be a bit premature to make a deal right now they don't know what they have precisely 2 games into the year

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Gallagher is admittedly a stretch. I just saw a bad team with a good player on a good deal and the gears started turning.

I will say this- with Weber and Price not really being movable at this point, he’d make sense as the next guy to go.

Prepare to overpay for Gallagher. We need scoring as bad as you.

Heiskenan is the ask

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Silfverberg won't be available until the deadline and then it's if the Ducks are out of the playoff race or no extension has been signed.

2nd round pick + prospect

Yeah, I’m concerned about the Ducks this year. Feel like they’re kind of falling behind in the division with what the Kings, Sharks, and Knights among others have done to improve. That’s a fair ask for Silfverberg though.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Also don’t think Gallagher Eberle Skinner and Staal are available, at least I hope not since that would be a yikes

You gotta figure NYI will wise up and blow it up eventually. Minnesota is a tweener with some aging key pieces, which is why i think Staal, with one year left, could move. Gallagher is admittedly a hope and a prayer, as is Skinner, but both teams aren’t gonna be any good and would be wise to acquire assets.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Gallagher is admittedly a stretch. I just saw a bad team with a good player on a good deal and the gears started turning.

I will say this- with Weber and Price not really being movable at this point, he’d make sense as the next guy to go.

Being a good player on a bad team doesn't automatically mean he's available. The ask obviously shouldn't be Heiskanen, that's ridiculous, but the Habs are absolutely not looking to trade Gallagher.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Detroit- Gus Nyquist: Sure.
Detroit- Tom Vanek: Don't think he moves the needle for us.
Anaheim- Jakob Silfverberg: Not sure why Anaheim would move him with their window likely closing soon.
Minnesota- Eric Staal: They'll be competitive and shouldn't move him within the division.
NYR- Mats Zuccarello: Probably my favorite option besides Duchene and Stone.
NYR- Kevin Hayes: Doesn't really move the needle for us offensively.
Montreal- Brendan Gallagher: Doubt Montreal moves him.
NYI- Jordan Eberle: Good option.
NYI- Brock Nelson: Don't think he really moves the needle for us.
NYI- Anders Lee: Just made captain, highly doubt he moves.
Buffalo- Jeff Skinner: Doubtful he moves on considering how supposedly particular he was in where he was traded to from Carolina. Only scenario I can see is him coming for a few months to make the playoffs. Won't know about that for a while.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
What is the temperature on Jim Nill in Dallas? I think he might be an active GM at the TDL throughout the year to kind of save (for the lack of a better/softer term) his job. He's known to make some great deals. I can see him giving a call to Dorion in OTT for a good fleecing of Duchene or Stone lol

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
What is the temperature on Jim Nill in Dallas? I think he might be an active GM at the TDL throughout the year to kind of save (for the lack of a better/softer term) his job. He's known to make some great deals. I can see him giving a call to Dorion in OTT for a good fleecing of Duchene or Stone lol

If he’s not calling Pierre everyday, he’s doing it extremely wrong. Duchene would be perfect, short term and long.

Reactions: Multigrain

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Nylander for Heiskenan as a base works. Or we can add Lilj+Nylander+1st for Klingberg

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Fans are souring on him, honestly. His trading is mostly amazing but his FA acquisitions are hit-or-miss (Radulov and Bishop are great, most others are pretty meh). The biggest problem we have with him is his drafting, which is what he is supposed to be best at. His drafting flat out sucks.

He finally seems to have got the coaching right with Montgomery (remains to be seen), although the Hitchcock seems to have come from above his head. Ruff was a mess and wasn't his first choice, but he did stick with him for 4 years (and got 2 playoff appearances from him).

If the team misses the playoffs again, there will probably be some serious calls for him to go. I would expect him to get one last chance, though, and if there isn't success after that, he's gone.

Reactions: DRW204

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad