Sportsnet: Giroux talks very quiet, Flyers not believed to have been offered any big deals

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Giroux is terrific defensively. You could have him on the 3rd line and he'd be an auto upgrade.

I truly don't think you understand Giroux's game at all.
For real. Can you imagine it’s like the clutch third period of the game 7 of the West finals and the Avs are rolling three lines…maybe the attach the talented young Newhook to G to juice up the depth and yet there is some fan sitting in the stand thinking “gee, sure wish we had Andrew Copp or Artturi Lehkonen out there instead of Claude freaking Giroux”.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
I don't think people are misunderstanding Giroux's game. But it also sounds like you are not understanding what Coleman Goodrow Gourde did for the Bolts. Sure I'll take Newhook/Nichuskin Giroux Lehkonnen line but a Newhook Giroux Compher/LOC probably won't be very good during the playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I don't think people are misunderstanding Giroux's game. But it also sounds like you are not understanding what Coleman Goodrow Gourde did for the Bolts. Sure I'll take Newhook/Nichuskin Giroux Lehkonnen line but a Newhook Giroux Compher/LOC probably won't be very good during the playoffs.

If you don't watch Giroux play, just say that.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I'd love to see him in Boston on Bergeron's wing with Marchand. 50% retained and DeBrusk moving in the Lindholm/Chychrun trade means they can afford one of those D and Giroux.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
This is the same guy that said “we” don’t need Giroux on the Avalanche and said that we need someone to support Nuke on the 3rd line (where he hasn’t been all season).

I don’t think he watches anyone play.
You're out to lunch if you think we "need" Giroux. But yeah just accuse anyone who doesn't have your opinion that they don't watch hockey. :thumbu:

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He’s been a great Flyer and some are discounting him here for his current value/play, when they probably shouldn’t be.

Here’s the big issue. Let’s say it’s either of the two teams connected the most. Colorado and Florida.

Both have traded away a lot of draft capital for the next couple of years, and neither will be able to afford to sign him for next year. So to them, he’s nothing but a pure rental. So how much can they legitimately give, or would give when he’s not their missing link? Especially compared to a few players out there with term, where you can justify the player you’re spending so much on.

Yes, he’d help, but would he really help more than Jarnkrok who went to Calgary today? Maybe a little bit. Certainly not worth the prices being thrown around.

It’s probably much more realistic to go after a Stastny compensation wise. Just don’t think anyone is really lining up, ready to offer what Montreal received today, or Anaheim received for Manson.

Both Colorado and Florida would be much smarter to go after someone with term if the price for CG is a 1st.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
With Florida dealing Thier first and helleson gone in Colorado I think the odds of giroux staying are getting better

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
I'd love to see him in Boston on Bergeron's wing with Marchand. 50% retained and DeBrusk moving in the Lindholm/Chychrun trade means they can afford one of those D and Giroux.

The issue I see is that Boston has less draft/futures capital than the Panthers or the Avs (even after their trades). So if Boston gets one of Lindholm/Chychrun, are they really going to still have enough to trade for Giroux?

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest

What pieces are left? I have a hard time believing they will deal a third 1st rounder and Lundell's untouchable. Do they have the futures left to get Giroux and would that nuke their future? It makes me wonder if it could be a roster player going out with someone like Tippett.

Reactions: TheKingPin

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco

What pieces are left? I have a hard time believing they will deal a third 1st rounder and Lundell's untouchable. Do they have the futures left to get Giroux and would that nuke their future? It makes me wonder if it could be a roster player going out with someone like Tippett.

Tippett is definitely in play, but they’ll have to add another serious prospect if they want to land another big fish. Two top end prospects and a 3rd?

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Lundell + Knight + 2nd 2023?
1647499808057.gif

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Thatd be an overpay even for Chychrun, the most valuable player potentially on the market.

If Giroux is dead set on Florida and only Florida, I could see them not getting much more than Tippett

As a Cats fan I'm a bit facetious about this.

Reactions: JKG33

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

Claude Giroux got Michael Raffl to score 21 goals in 67 games. Any line with Claude Giroux and two other viable NHL players is going to be a good line, and if he's on your third line you have one of the best third lines in the NHL, perhaps the best. It's very simple. Giroux does all of the things the guys you mentioned do, but he's 5 times the player.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
For real. Can you imagine it’s like the clutch third period of the game 7 of the West finals and the Avs are rolling three lines…maybe the attach the talented young Newhook to G to juice up the depth and yet there is some fan sitting in the stand thinking “gee, sure wish we had Andrew Copp or Artturi Lehkonen out there instead of Claude freaking Giroux”.

I get your point but it's kind of funny because Artturi Lehkonen scored the western conference final winning goal last year.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Tippett+.

Their chance is on Giroux’s NMC

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yeah, Tippett is blocked by so much depth anyway. Obviously you don't give him away for just anybody, but I dont mind dealing him for Giroux. I have to think a future 2nd or another prospect added on, maybe Denisenko. If they want D, Ludvig or Nause. The Panthers still have a decent prospect pool even if other teams' fans don't think it's sexy. We will survive.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I’m not going to speculate on names or anything. But some of the names tossed around, I don’t really like.

RHD / C are probably the flyers biggest weakness.

I’ve also said before but I think Claude will give a 3-5 team range, he’s been the Flyers for the last 1000 games. And my other prediction is I think he comes back.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad