Sportsnet: Giroux talks very quiet, Flyers not believed to have been offered any big deals

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012

fwiw and of course it could change at any moment (starts at 2:45)

Not a chance in the world that G gets traded before he plays his 1000th game for the Flyers..... March 18th or 19th he gets moved...Every team in the league knows this.... Step 1 teams ask Flyers what type of package their interested in (likely happened) ... Step 2 before any offers are going to be placed they find out if G will waive his NMC to go there (probably going on)...Step 3 G gives list to Flyers of teams he'd be willing to go to and when (has not happened according to speculation) Step 4 Flyers take offers from all teams selected and make best deal for them and G.. All these names etc thrown out past 3 weeks have been internet bait to get people to read their articles.... not if any of these rumor's take a rocket scientist to generate lol..

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
offer-nothing.gif

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Because he's an outdated player. It's about speed and agility neither of which Giroux has been known for. He's a gritty playmaker with good fundamentals (face-offs, positioning).

To win a Stanley Cup, he's probably a 3C. That's why Colorado is more interested in Copp at a cheaper price for the same role. Or they'll pay up for Miller with a better contract.

Whoever signed the Kevin Hayes contract be sued by the city of Philadelphia. With their long-term contracts, I can't see them contending for a decade.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Contending teams don’t have much cap space, girioux even max retained is still 4.2 mil
who the heck even has room for that cap

Reactions: Mr Positive

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Because he's an outdated player. It's about speed and agility neither of which Giroux has been known for. He's a gritty playmaker with good fundamentals (face-offs, positioning).

To win a Stanley Cup, he's probably a 3C. That's why Colorado is more interested in Copp at a cheaper price for the same role. Or they'll pay up for Miller with a better contract.

Whoever signed the Kevin Hayes contract be sued by the city of Philadelphia. With their long-term contracts, I can't see them contending for a decade.

Pretty much. Teams aren't getting Giroux in his prime. He's basically a 55-60 point middle six center at this point. No one's paying a premium for that, especially when you take salary into account. He's low on my list of desirable trade targets. Seems like a good guy though.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

What an absolutely horrendous take. You should take up a new sport

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Contending teams don’t have much cap space, girioux even max retained is still 4.2 mil
who the heck even has room for that cap
The acquiring team needs to find a third team to retain 1/2 of their 50%. The Rangers are reportedly willing to use their cap space and three retention slots to accommodate this type of trade.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
The acquiring team needs to find a third team to retain 1/2 of their 50%. The Rangers are reportedly willing to use their cap space and three retention slots to accommodate this type of trade.
It’s just a lot of work. I mean acquiring almost any rental doesn’t move the needle much. going to be honest, name me a star quality player moved to a contending team where that team went on to win the cup, I’ll wait…

SoftMittsHardSticks

Jan 3, 2014
It’s just a lot of work. I mean acquiring almost any rental doesn’t move the needle much. going to be honest, name me a star quality player moved to a contending team where that team went on to win the cup, I’ll wait…
Ray Bourque, Marion Gaborik, Jeff Carter, Kimmo Timonen, Brad Stuart, and Brad May all come to mind, and that's just off the top of my head.

Looks like you didn't have to wait too long

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Buyer's market. There are just too many teams out there who are either completely out of the playoff race or in the West's case don't have a realistic shot at the cup.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

Wait so any player that this outdated because they aren’t agile aren’t useful anymore? So guys like pavelski can’t be successful or useful for a cup run? Wtf hahaha.

Agree with hayes tho, f***ing idiot signed him haha

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs are likely the top contenders with Landy out on LTIR. Giroux has the NMC clause and high salary. Sakic doesn’t need retention to significantly lower the return. With so much financial flexibility, AVs could be seeking other options beyond G.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Ray Bourque, Marion Gaborik, Jeff Carter, Kimmo Timonen, Brad Stuart, and Brad May all come to mind, and that's just off the top of my head.

Looks like you didn't have to wait too long
Brad Stuart and brad may? LOL. Also, bourque didn’t win the cup the year he was traded at the deadline. HF being HF

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Because despite what Flyers fans think he isn't worth a big offer.

I think most flyer fans are good with a 1st and a nice prospect. People saying he is just a 3rd line player don’t watch him at all. He can still be a 70 pt player easily…wtf
Yea obviously not a third line player but 1st & a nice prospect (how nice?) seems like a big offer for a rental with a full NMC.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I think most flyer fans are good with a 1st and a nice prospect. People saying he is just a 3rd line player don’t watch him at all. He can still be a 70 pt player easily…wtf
This. He can play anywhere in a contenders top 6 and make the team significantly better, not even mentioning the intangibles he bring. Anyone thinking the market for Giroux is soft is way out to lunch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad