Sportsnet: Giroux talks very quiet, Flyers not believed to have been offered any big deals

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
1647352796788.png

That guy should really just deactivate his account and log out of HFboards forever.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
So we’re just ignoring that his dramatically superior career best occurred during the 11-12 and 17-18 seasons. “5v5 points “close” to best of career.” If decidedly and inarguably 10% worse than career best is somehow improving….well that’s on you I guess. If anything you’d have an argument that Giroux is staying consistent he’s certainly not “getting better” which is exactly what I said so….”as you were” to you as well, except “as you were,” in your case is still wrong.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
With Florida dealing Thier first and helleson gone in Colorado I think the odds of giroux staying are getting better

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Avs shouldn't even be in on Giroux, 2nd in goal differential. Avs need to aim for a tampa-esque 3rd line with Nichuskin, Copp, and Lehkonnen.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
With Florida dealing Thier first and helleson gone in Colorado I think the odds of giroux staying are getting better

Helleson was viewed by the Avs as their 3rd best D prospect. I don’t expect both Behrens and Barron to be with Colorado Monday afternoon. Names are too similar anyways.

Reactions: Rich Nixon

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Avs shouldn't even be in on Giroux, 2nd in goal differential. Avs need to aim for a tampa-esque 3rd line with Nichuskin, Copp, and Lehkonnen.

Nuke‘s freight train forecheck makes every centermen better, when he was on the third line was the last time Jost had a pulse. He could also score 30 playing with Mack and Mikko though, need that gem resigned asap

Reactions: hughdreamz

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
The Avs shouldn't be in on a top player right now?

That's absurd. Come on.
Yes, the Avs absolutely do not need Giroux. We have no trouble scoring with our 1st and 2nd lines. Take a look at our 3rd line though, not serviceable in the playoffs. Tampa won largely because of their depth and their third line being able to hang with other team's 1st and 2nd lines. Avs 3rd line is actual hot trash besides Nichuskin.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So we’re just ignoring that his dramatically superior career best occurred during the 11-12 and 17-18 seasons. “5v5 points “close” to best of career.” If decidedly and inarguably 10% worse than career best is somehow improving….well that’s on you I guess. If anything you’d have an argument that Giroux is staying consistent he’s certainly not “getting better” which is exactly what I said so….”as you were” to you as well, except “as you were,” in your case is still wrong.

Reading comprehension really isn't your thing. I said 2015 Giroux wouldnt hold a candle to 2021-22 Giroux.

Hes scoring better this season- you know, the trait that is expected to fall off with age - than he did during that season. Most of his best seasons have come - oddly enough - AFTER thay 2015 season. Super odd.

Enjoy the L.

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Yes, the Avs absolutely do not need Giroux. We have no trouble scoring with our 1st and 2nd lines. Take a look at our 3rd line though, not serviceable in the playoffs. Tampa won largely because of their depth and their third line being able to hang with other team's 1st and 2nd lines. Avs 3rd line is actual hot trash besides Nichuskin.
Yeah but at the same time you bring in Giroux and it pushes down a 2nd liner, probably Bura.

Also Nuke hasn’t been on the 3rd line in a long time. He’s top line right now.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Nuke hasn't been on the 3rd line all year. Giroux maybe pushes him down there.

You are significantly understating Giroux's 2 way game and how good he can be at elevating the players on his line.
I'm not overly fond of paying a big price for Giroux either, but he would significanlty help the Avs if they obtained him.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Copp and Lehkonen are great in theory. The cost to get both those guys will be way higher than just grabbing Giroux. I can see a world where it costs as much to rent Copp as it does Giroux because there may be a bigger market. And Lehkonen isn’t a rental…he’s better than Jarnkrok and look what Ironhook went for as a rental. It’s a 1st+ for Lehkonen if he’s even available.

I can see Giroux at the cost of a late 1st and prospect actually looking like a bargain at the deadline for what he brings to a team. The Avs should still be all over him. G gives you the scoring depth, face off guy, special teams guy, positional versatility and a veteran warrior/leader in one package.

Thinking Copp is a better rental is galaxy braining this IMO.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Reading comprehension really isn't your thing. I said 2015 Giroux wouldnt hold a candle to 2021-22 Giroux.

Hes scoring better this season- you know, the trait that is expected to fall off with age - than he did during that season. Most of his best seasons have come - oddly enough - AFTER thay 2015 season. Super odd.

Enjoy the L.
Giroux was At or Over a PT per GM five (5) times between 2011-2019. He has not been close since so just like every other instance you are again, wrong. Maybe stop while you’re behind.

For good measure and to be certain; Giroux had more seasons At or Over a Pt per GM BEFORE 2015 then he has had since. Aging just as you’d expect him to, just like everyone else, and defying exactly nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

You can't cite Tampa Bay and then pretend that adding top players (even if it seems redundant) is a silly idea.

Adding Giroux to any team, especially a contender like COL, may literally make you the favorite. Giroux is terrific everywhere on the ice.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Giroux was At or Over a PT per GM five (5) times between 2011-2019. He has not been close since so just like every other instance you are again, wrong. Maybe stop while you’re behind.

For good measure and to be certain; Giroux had more seasons At or Over a Pt per GM BEFORE 2015 then he has had since. Aging just as you’d expect him to.

Reading really is hard for you. Be safe out there, my man.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Nuke top 6 is ok for our situation but ideally he should be on the third line with Copp, Hagel, Lehkonnen types. Bura should never be pushed down to a bottom 6 role because he would become a black hole.

Landy MacK Bura
Newhook Kadri Rants
Nuke Copp Lehkonnen
LOC Helm NAK

Depth >>>> Top heaviness. Our third line will ruin us come playoff time you can take that to the bank. Giroux doesn't fix that.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Reading really is hard for you. Be safe out there, my man.
I guess numbers and sense are where you keep getting tripped up. With an education system that allows a basic understanding of mathematics and the concept of aging to so obviously have passed you by, looks like someone needs to be safe in here.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Nuke top 6 is ok for our situation but ideally he should be on the third line with Copp, Hagel, Lehkonnen types. Bura should never be pushed down to a bottom 6 role because he would become a black hole.

Landy MacK Bura
Newhook Kadri Rants
Nuke Copp Lehkonnen
LOC Helm NAK

Depth >>>> Top heaviness. Our third line will ruin us come playoff time you can take that to the bank. Giroux doesn't fix that.
You are in dreamland if you think the Avs can afford to trade for Copp and Lehkonen both. Those guys are going to go for premium rates.

Giroux can freaking run his own line, he still helps us run three better lines…he’s still an elite two-way player and elite face-off guy. The premium to get Giroux instead of Copp as a rental (if there is even one) would be totally worth it.

I’d much rather grab G and a cheaper depth guy like Clutterbuck than to overpay for Copp and Lehkonen.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I wonder the price to pay for Giroux
Not insignificant but I’m willing to bet at the end of Monday it’s gonna look like a bargain compared to most of the deadline deals. As a veteran with a NMC and such standing with his current franchise, he’s got a lot of power to limit the market to pretty much what he wants.

Reactions: llamateizer

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Landy MacK Bura
Newhook Kadri Rants
Nuke Copp Lehkonnen
LOC Helm NAK

Giroux is terrific defensively. You could have him on the 3rd line and he'd be an auto upgrade.

I truly don't think you understand Giroux's game at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad