Sportsnet: Giroux talks very quiet, Flyers not believed to have been offered any big deals

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
I think if the Flyers fans watched the Tampa/Florida series from last year, they would be more excited than disappointed in the prospect of getting Tippett. He was very good .. He just started the season out cold and noticeably lost confidence. I can see his upside as Nathan Horton… a big guy with skill that can turn it up when the playoffs come around.

Reactions: tucson83

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I think if the Flyers fans watched the Tampa/Florida series from last year, they would be more excited than disappointed in the prospect of getting Tippett. He was very good .. He just started the season out cold and noticeably lost confidence. I can see his upside as Nathan Horton… a big guy with skill that can turn it up when the playoffs come around.

If it’s going to be a 1 for 1 with G for Tippet and maybe a small add like a 2nd or 3rd rounder, it will undeniably be a horrible trade for the Flyers

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
With him and Giordano I imagine teams want the full retention for no added value, other than it would be the classy thing to do so that the player gets a playoff run. Even on just the player value, the buyers likely want a good bargain like the Hall deal.

But a third team will want something substantial if double retention is needed.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
I hope we get Giroux for Tippett, I've hated Tippett this season, feels like every time he touches the puck the play would just die.

Maybe he turns it around in Philadelphia, maybe he doesn't, at least he'll get to be back with Yandle for a bit :sarcasm:

• Wow
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
I hope we get Giroux for Tippett, I've hated Tippett this season, feels like every time he touches the puck the play would just die.

Maybe he turns it around in Philadelphia, maybe he doesn't, at least he'll get to be back with Yandle for a bit :sarcasm:
Why you gotta do that to a Flyers fan base that’s currently in mourning? Lol

Reactions: Lord Defect

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

thank you for your honesty. No shortage of fans on here claiming that Tippett is a good prospect. He’s a C prospect and nothing more. Big dumb ginger winger with little upside. The Cuck Fletcher special.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
If it’s going to be a 1 for 1 with G for Tippet and maybe a small add like a 2nd or 3rd rounder, it will undeniably be a horrible trade for the Flyers

Yah I don’t understand why Flyers would do this when they have the best forward in the entire trade deadline. Why trade for Tippett when someone will eventually do first + Atleast. Lets be honest here. Philadelphia has a lot of holes to fill, and Tippett isn’t turning around that Franchise by himself. Assets, plural, would make the most sense for the Flyers

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Upside for Giroux, if he goes to Florida he'll get to hang out with Yandle's dead cap for a bit. Being in a franchise that's paying Yandle to contribute nothing should make him feel more at home. The boys in the room love Yands. Also he played with Bob like a decade ago and Gudas is supposedly a fun fella.

Reactions: Lord Defect

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It’s pretty much a guarantee the dinosaurs that run the Flyers are absolutely in love with Tippett. He “looks” every inch the star player…big, strong, breakaway speed and lethal shot - plus he was picked 10th overall. What additional scouting do you need?:huh::sarcasm:

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Upside for Giroux, if he goes to Florida he'll get to hang out with Yandle's dead cap for a bit. Being in a franchise that's paying Yandle to contribute nothing should make him feel more at home. The boys in the room love Yands. Also he played with Bob like a decade ago and Gudas is supposedly a fun fella.
And after spending so much of this year with Yandle's dead career, that feels like a huge upgrade.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
With him and Giordano I imagine teams want the full retention for no added value, other than it would be the classy thing to do so that the player gets a playoff run. Even on just the player value, the buyers likely want a good bargain like the Hall deal.

But a third team will want something substantial if double retention is needed.

Some team will double retain Giroux for a 4th if necessary. Only $250k in real dollars.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I think tippet and Carlson are the objective because they can put warm bodies on the ice for a current flyer team lacking in them. Denisenko seems like a bit of a boom bust type. Patience may be required and fans will be eager to see a high upside player in any deal for Giroux

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco

1647541481876.gif

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
thank you for your honesty. No shortage of fans on here claiming that Tippett is a good prospect. He’s a C prospect and nothing more. Big dumb ginger winger with little upside. The Cuck Fletcher special.
Doesn’t he have a 1.5 PPG pace in the AHL? Doesn’t necessarily scream C level prospect.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I think tippet and Carlson are the objective because they can put warm bodies on the ice for a current flyer team lacking in them. Denisenko seems like a bit of a boom bust type. Patience may be required and fans will be eager to see a high upside player in any deal for Giroux. He doesn't fit a need but may outshine anything available at c or rhd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad