Sportsnet: Giroux talks very quiet, Flyers not believed to have been offered any big deals

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
because they don't have one
Point I didn't articulate was... HOW THE f*** DO YOU LET THEM TRADE THAT PICK FOR CHIAROT?????? Soon as that happened any trade discussions with Florida should have ended unless its two of their top 4 prospects.. 2nd and 3rd are you f***** kidding me

Reactions: Lemonlimey

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Point I didn't articulate was... HOW THE f*** DO YOU LET THEM TRADE THAT PICK FOR CHIAROT?????? Soon as that happened any trade discussions with Florida should have ended unless its two of their top 4 prospects.. 2nd and 3rd are you f***** kidding me
Probably because they're trying to do right by Giroux too, and knew they didn't need it because there are other targets

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I shouldn't over react but I will.....Anyone have Dave Scott's email....... if that rumor is true he needs to stop it .....now... Honestly how the hell is this moron the son of Cliff Fletcher?????

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone

The Giroux saga has transitioned into melodrama. No one has a first round pick to give anymore. Chuck Fletcher is playing games. Something is odd about this will he/won’t he when it’s an obvious decision he shoulda made months ago really. Feels like Philly will be disappointed in any return, disappointed if he doesn’t waive the NMC, and in all honesty he’s a complimentary piece on all the contenders. Sad as it is to say, with the two page rulebook in the NHL playoffs, the two most significant trades of the year have already happened with Manson and Chiarot.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Probably because they're trying to do right by Giroux too, and knew they didn't need it because there are other targets
Sorry didn't realize that our management group works for Florida or G ???? I've posted this dozens of times if G only picks 1 or 2 destinations and the other GM doesn't offer fair value than I'd tell the other GM to go f**** himself.... If G loves it here sign a 3 yr deal for $12-15 million and call it a day... If he and his agent are being dicks...call him out...media would and should be all over his ass... If your GM thinks Tippett and a 2nd is a great return... Fire their ass immediately !!

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: RoyIsALegend

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Sorry didn't realize that our management group works for Florida or G ???? I've posted this dozens of times if G only picks 1 or 2 destinations and the other GM doesn't offer fair value than I'd tell the other GM to go f**** himself.... If G loves it here sign a 3 yr deal for $12-15 million and call it a day... If he and his agent are being dicks...call him out...media would and should be all over his ass... If your GM thinks Tippett and a 2nd is a great return... Fire their ass immediately !!

Giroux is a free agent at the end of the season and the Flyers are not going to make the playoffs. What good does it for the team to keep Giroux and receive no assets in a trade as opposed to trading him and getting what they can and then resigning him if that's where he wants to be? In one scenario the team receives nothing and still ends up out of the playoffs and still has to resign Giroux, in the other scenario they get some pieces back to improve the team, Giroux gets to go for the Cup, and then they can still resign him next season.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Because he's an outdated player. It's about speed and agility neither of which Giroux has been known for. He's a gritty playmaker with good fundamentals (face-offs, positioning).

To win a Stanley Cup, he's probably a 3C. That's why Colorado is more interested in Copp at a cheaper price for the same role. Or they'll pay up for Miller with a better contract.

Whoever signed the Kevin Hayes contract be sued by the city of Philadelphia. With their long-term contracts, I can't see them contending for a decade.
Philly could be the worst team for about a decade I agree. They have nothing

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
If you listen to Joe and Bednar they basically say they know what the team needs and will look to address it and have started doing that. Giroux is not a need

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Claude did not get on the plane after the game with the team...he played his last game with Flyers

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Giroux is a free agent at the end of the season and the Flyers are not going to make the playoffs. What good does it for the team to keep Giroux and receive no assets in a trade as opposed to trading him and getting what they can and then resigning him if that's where he wants to be? In one scenario the team receives nothing and still ends up out of the playoffs and still has to resign Giroux, in the other scenario they get some pieces back to improve the team, Giroux gets to go for the Cup, and then they can still resign him next season.
He gets 4x7 easy as an ufa and has his choice of where to finish his career. Once he's no longer a lifetime flyer any sentimental motivation is gone. It's sign or trade. The flyers won't be getting him back an time soon once he's moved

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad