Sportsnet: Giroux talks very quiet, Flyers not believed to have been offered any big deals

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
So we’re looking at Tippett and picks or Barron and picks it sounds like. I prefer Tippett

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
With him and Giordano I imagine teams want the full retention for no added value, other than it would be the classy thing to do so that the player gets a playoff run. Even on just the player value, the buyers likely want a good bargain like the Hall deal.

But a third team will want something substantial if double retention is needed.
Toronto and Tampa paid a 4th to get teams to double retain last season. I don’t think that really qualifies as substantial.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Might as well call my shot here, too. Best guess for the final deal:

Tippett, Acciari, and Florida's 2023 #2 for Giroux at 50%. There's potential for a small asset to another team to retain an additional 25%, but I would expect that asset to come from Florida.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Not sure why flyer fans aren't excited about Tippett. You weren't gonna get anyone better. It's better than a late first.
better than nothing look at sam bennett from calgary that got traded to florida, like no one is going to trade a superstar for giroux, gms arent that dumb.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
better than nothing look at sam bennett from calgary that got traded to florida, like no one is going to trade a superstar for giroux, gms arent that dumb.

A friend wisely pointed out to me that's somewhat concerning that a team whose pro scouting has correctly been able to identify some really good reclamation projects, as Florida has with Bennett and Montour, would be so willing to let Tippett go. The Flyers pro scouting is bad, Florida's seems to be quite good. It's not a recipe for great results.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
A friend wisely pointed out to me that's somewhat concerning that a team whose pro scouting has correctly been able to identify some really good reclamation projects, as Florida has with Bennett and Montour, would be so willing to let Tippett go. The Flyers pro scouting is bad, Florida's seems to be quite good. It's not a recipe for great results.
all the negativity you have against fletch i really dont understand why are you wasting your time on this team then because even if we do succeed, you are still going to bad mouth him and wish this team failed because you dont like him even though his picks with the wild are succeeding which he's the one that picked them like get over it already.

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
all the negativity you have against fletch i really dont understand why are you wasting your time on this team then because even if we do succeed, you are still going to bad mouth him and wish this team failed because you dont like him even though his picks with the wild are succeeding which he's the one that picked them like get over it already.

I was here before Fletcher and I'll be here after. They're more our team than his, and we're allowed to point out that he sucks at his job because he does.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

hi tuscon

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
You can tell things are heating up when the NHL starts posting this.

Screenshot_20220317-130035_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: captainpaxil

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Fletch is going to F this up..... If its Florida how the hell do you not get their 2023 1st?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad