OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I have no problem with the side show, but it seemed from the get go that he was wasting too much energy after a hard cut. Before he started to gas out, you could see that all his skills were superior to Connolly. Maybe he should do the dance coming to the octagon and then just fight, not that I mind, but it would be better for his career.

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
For real ?
From Eddie so to take with a grain of salt

Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn went off last Saturday when asked about Tyson Furyand his fight tonight against Otto Wallinat the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Hearn says that only around 2,000 tickets have been sold for the Fury-Wallin fight, and he thinks ESPN has got to be wondering why they’re paying Fury to have him fight such poor opposition.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
From Eddie so to take with a grain of salt

Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn went off last Saturday when asked about Tyson Furyand his fight tonight against Otto Wallinat the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Hearn says that only around 2,000 tickets have been sold for the Fury-Wallin fight, and he thinks ESPN has got to be wondering why they’re paying Fury to have him fight such poor opposition.
Man, if it's true they're gonna lose a ton of money. Fury isn't charismatic enough to just put him in there with a jabroni expecting a packed house.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
What a great fight. Wallin did his best but Fury is just that next tier up

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
So, was it true?

I don't know about the numbers, but they alluded that it was small crowd in the post fight panel.

Clearly it has nothing to do with Fury charisma or ability to sell a fight. I think his opponent just didn't have enough credentials and they were both foreigners. The ppv should be making money though.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
What a great way to start the night, after a great Habs win all I want to see is WAR Bobby Knuckles knocking adesanya's lights out

tenor.gif

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
IZzy spent too much time thinkin about his entrance. Not a fan. FOcus on the fight

Here’s to a good fight between two awesome fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad