OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
That. Was. Crazy.

Holy shit i just cant believe Tony wouldnt go down... wow.

Justin made a crazy amount of fans tonight, me included, what was impressive

Great card, great fights, nice to have some kind of sport back.. too bad it was a front loaded event tho lol the next card is gonna be eh

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Ngannou is one scary dude. He barely has to make contact to hurt a guy. He's raw and all over the place but the power sure is there.

I've almost stopped following UFC since GSP is gone, but Ngannou is a fighter that makes me tune in everytime. He's so scary. I'm afraid he'll kill a guy one day. Those additional punches he landed after the knock out before the ref could jump in could have done serious damage.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Tony took so much damage, this will affect him for the rest of his life.

Justin destroyed him during 5-4 rounds... Wow !

Tony is a warrior, but he will regret it, imo. It was just insane the amount of clean punches he took.

Insane night.

Ngannou.
Kattar.
Justin.
Cejudo.

Incredible.

Reactions: Redux91

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I love how litteraly nobody in the MMA journalistic world is taking the Cejudo retirement thing seriously this morning :laugh: . He did such a poor job of even attempting to be convincing about it.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I love how litteraly nobody in the MMA journalistic world is taking the Cejudo retirement thing seriously this morning :laugh: . He did such a poor job of even attempting to be convincing about it.

Lol agreed.

The ESPN headline said "Cejudo shocks world by retiring" but it felt way more like Geathje stopping Ferguson in 5 was WAY more shocking

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I'm not so much surprised by Cejudo's retirement, as i'm surprised to know he's 33. I always thought he was in his 20's, due to his mental immaturity. The guy is the same age as Mighty Mouse :laugh:.

At 33, it'd make sense to retire though. He's already reached the peak of his career; beating DJ, KO'ing Dillashaw & Cruz. His next challenger would have been Petr Yan (who's a massive danger and has very little name recognition). There would have been only risks and little reward.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Holy tabarnac guys!!?

Am I the only one to be slightly shocked at how fast and powerful Old Mike still is? Guy's 53 FFS. Been retired for 15 years. Talking about a return.

Of course it sounds insane. But when you think of it... His two major issues would be: potential brain damage and insufficient cardio. But that wouldn't even be a factor in a short fight.

Will we see Old Mike in the ring again? The PPV would be off the charts.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
That. Was. Crazy.

Holy shit i just cant believe Tony wouldnt go down... wow.

Justin made a crazy amount of fans tonight, me included, what was impressive

Great card, great fights, nice to have some kind of sport back.. too bad it was a front loaded event tho lol the next card is gonna be eh

while some of their cards lack a bit of prestige -especially when compared to that card - I love watching fights of up and comers. The expectations are lower for Wednesday, but its often those cards that impress me the most compared to the more hyped ones.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005

Holy tabarnac guys!!?

Am I the only one to be slightly shocked at how fast and powerful Old Mike still is? Guy's 53 FFS. Been retired for 15 years. Talking about a return.

Of course it sounds insane. But when you think of it... His two major issues would be: potential brain damage and insufficient cardio. But that wouldn't even be a factor in a short fight.

Will we see Old Mike in the ring again? The PPV would be off the charts.

This is for charity not a real comeback. Tyson vs Holyfield seniors edition bring it on.

Reactions: Redux91

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I'm not so much surprised by Cejudo's retirement, as i'm surprised to know he's 33. I always thought he was in his 20's, due to his mental immaturity. The guy is the same age as Mighty Mouse :laugh:.

At 33, it'd make sense to retire though. He's already reached the peak of his career; beating DJ, KO'ing Dillashaw & Cruz. His next challenger would have been Petr Yan (who's a massive danger and has very little name recognition). There would have been only risks and little reward.

Yea Cejudo definitely doesn't want to fight Yan.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Welp, here I am on a wednesday night watching live MMA. 2020 has sure been weird.

Edit : 41 pages is bloated enough, I'm opening a new thread. Could a mod close this one please?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad