OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It was a rhetorical question for the poster who claimed the main difference between gsp and khabib was size.

Not really a great analysis of these 2 fighters and then tried to insinuate my knowledge/fandom of the sport was somehow lacking compared to his.
Not to mention weight doesnt equate size.
Can have two guys weighing 180 and one looks unequivocally bigger.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

The UFC dropped the ball on this one. I realize what Cyborg's team did was stupid but he really went after her and was talking shit for months about her being terrified to fight Nunes.

The 145 lb female division in the UFC is a joke. It's just Nunes and Holm bouncing up and down and Anderson, Spencer, and a few others in waiting. It's kind of shit. The UFC should've added some talent to give more possibilities and challenges.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The UFC dropped the ball on this one. I realize what Cyborg's team did was stupid but he really went after her and was talking **** for months about her being terrified to fight Nunes.

The 145 lb female division in the UFC is a joke. It's just Nunes and Holm bouncing up and down and Anderson, Spencer, and a few others in waiting. It's kind of ****. The UFC should've added some talent to give more possibilities and challenges.
I don't expect they'll kept that division for much longer honestly. Even Holm and Nunes would rather fight at 135 anyway.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
28-0 The Eagle does it again! Khabib put on a dominant show as usual, Poirier wasn't ready mentally, he got frustrated early and just couldn't find an answer to Khabib's take downs and relentless mauling. He did come closer than anyone to finishing Khabib with that guillotine in the 3rd, but once Khabib broke loose from that, it was game over.

Can't wait for Fergusson vs Khabib.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
28-0 The Eagle does it again! Khabib put on a dominant show as usual, Poirier wasn't ready mentally, he got frustrated early and just couldn't find an answer to Khabib's take downs and relentless mauling. He did come closer than anyone to finishing Khabib with that guillotine in the 3rd, but once Khabib broke loose from that, it was game over.

Can't wait for Fergusson vs Khabib.

Dustin has some of the best boxing in the UFC IMO, and he showed absolutely none of that in this fight. Was throwing sloppy haymakers hoping for the best, zero confidence and way too worried about getting taken down. He usually has really fluid combinations. He's gunna watch the tape and say "what the f*** was I doing"

Reactions: Edgy

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Dustin has some of the best boxing in the UFC IMO, and he showed absolutely none of that in this fight. Was throwing sloppy haymakers hoping for the best, zero confidence and way too worried about getting taken down. He usually has really fluid combinations. He's gunna watch the tape and say "what the **** was I doing"

Disagree. Sometimes you just gotta admit the opponent is just better. Dustin loses this fight 10/10 times. He didn't look sloppy at all to me, Khabib just did what he does. No way he was going to let DP establish a good comfort level on his feet...why would he? And there is no way DP can dictate the fight when he knows Khabib is arguably the best wrestler of all time in UFC and is simply looking for the opening to rush/grapple/takedown. He needs time to set distance, try to connect with timely punches/kicks, and make Khabib back up. But...that's all nice on paper, when the guy in front is the actual freaking Champ, it's much easier said than done.

No way in hell DP was ever going to dictate this fight. His best bet was to be patient, survive Kb's relentlessness, and be massively opportunistic if ever there is a small opening.
He seemed to have landed one good punch, he tried to follow it up by moving in but credit to KB, he did a great job avoiding follow up shots, and then came the guillotine choke but again KB showed why he's as good as anybody's ever been on the ground by brilliantely getting out of it, and finishing off DP.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
No KO but I'll take it. So much Karma.

Meh, sports need more guys who are willing to take chances like him. I would've rather he won.

It's always same. Even in hockey, the copy paste interviews, dumps to the corner, etc...

Penalizing a guy for thinking different makes the product less entertaining.

That said, he was TOO flashy. Not enough substance.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I used to LOVE watching Sakuraba do cartwheels and mongolian chops back in the day so I can appreciate a little showmanship in my MMA. Saku would get serious when it counted though

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Meh, sports need more guys who are willing to take chances like him. I would've rather he won.

It's always same. Even in hockey, the copy paste interviews, dumps to the corner, etc...

Penalizing a guy for thinking different makes the product less entertaining.

That said, he was TOO flashy. Not enough substance.
Don't get me wrong, that was entertaining as hell. You definitely need people to root against and he checked all the boxes for me. Doesn't hurt that the Hometown hero with the odds stacked against him took the W

Reactions: LyricalLyricist
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad