Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Based on ice time Filip is still playing 3rd pair in the SHL behind the likes of Christian Folin. I have enough faith in Brackett that I'd rather take the pick.
f28225d140d85005ae14a9b1aada478f.png

Filip Karlsson

Oct 6, 2020
Based on ice time Filip is still playing 3rd pair in the SHL behind the likes of Christian Folin. I have enough faith in Brackett that I'd rather take the pick.
I've been watching Filip Johansson throughout the playoffs (haven't seen much during the regular season). He's been playing really well and has scored several important goals. With that being said I don't see him really making it in the NHL as more than a steady 3rd pair D-Man / Fringe NHLer, I would take the 2nd round pick over him.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Has there been any talk of Andrei Svetlakov signing with the Wild in the last couple years? His KHL contract expired today.

No talk of that, no expectation of that. He's already 26 at this point. He's not coming over and he very likely wouldn't amount to much if he did. He has a good thing going with CSKA. I imagine he'll re-sign with them if they'll have him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
ROR is 2nd among OHL D scoring in the playoffs, with 8 points in 5gp. Was also close to PPG during the regular season. Guess that Guerin's decision to keep him in the CHL rather than bring him up to the AHL so that he could develop his offense worked.

Lambos is PPG in the WHL playoffs.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
ROR is 2nd among OHL D scoring in the playoffs, with 8 points in 5gp. Was also close to PPG during the regular season. Guess that Guerin's decision to keep him in the CHL rather than bring him up to the AHL so that he could develop his offense worked.

Lambos is PPG in the WHL playoffs.
Lambos is going to explode offensively next year on that stacked team and Zloty not there to take the PP1 duties.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have a low expectations for Novak, but great, whatever, should be fun to see how he does playing in the AHL.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
If he doesn't make or doesn't stick in the NHL, does it really matter that he's a right shot?
Yes it does, it doesn't matter if he sticks in the NHL or not. But it gives Minnesota some better flexibility in the AHL to develop their players and gives them some depth where they don't have depth.

Novak may have a low floor, but he may also have a high ceiling as well. He flashed some skills this season, so who knows where he ends up.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Tim Army is wonderful. He doesn't play the game a lot of coaches/managers do where they're very coy about their players. I love listening to his insights on certain players.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Tim Army is wonderful. He doesn't play the game a lot of coaches/managers do where they're very coy about their players. I love listening to his insights on certain players.

Rossi = good, smart, center, needs to add strength.
Beckman= still rough, needs to learn the game, needs to add strength, good shot that can get better. Explained in-depth why he was on the 3rd line.

I got bored and stopped listening after that.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Rossi = good, smart, center, needs to add strength.
Beckman= still rough, needs to learn the game, needs to add strength, good shot that can get better. Explained in-depth why he was on the 3rd line.

I got bored and stopped listening after that.

Wallstedt = Expected to be in Iowa next year (Army's expectation, take with a grain of salt)
Addison = Made big strides in improving his overall game, offensive game is already great
Khovanov = Not committed to the type of lifestyle pro athletes need to have (diet, fitness), but they're trying to work with him to get him there, thinks he has all the tools to be an NHL player if he can commit to diet and fitness
Shaw = Thinks he gets too disengaged sometimes, feels like he's actually more engaged playing less minutes per night in the NHL

He had some other comments about guys like Swaney, Chaffee, McLeod (he gushed about McLeod for like 5 minutes straight, but apparently everyone that goes through Iowa loves the guy), but those were the interesting players.

Says he expects Iowa to get younger overall next season with Firstov, Novak, O'Rourke, Hunt, Wallstedt joining the team next year, but they're very short on centers, so expects that to be addressed in free agency.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Looking for info on players who made their NHL debut last season. Can anyone here tell me a bit about these guys like what role they played last season, what type of player they are and what their future outlook could be? Thanks!!

Connor Dewar
Mason Shaw
Adam Beckman
Mitchell Chaffee
Brandon Duhaime
Jon Lizotte

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Looking for info on players who made their NHL debut last season. Can anyone here tell me a bit about these guys like what role they played last season, what type of player they are and what their future outlook could be? Thanks!!

Connor Dewar
Mason Shaw
Adam Beckman
Mitchell Chaffee
Brandon Duhaime
Jon Lizotte
Dewar - Fairly quick, smallish, but still plays fairly physical. He showed a lot of offense in the AHL, but not much in the NHL. I view him as a good 4th liner, maybe upside of 3rd line, after an offseason of skills work and muscle growth. I feel like he's got a lot of good tools, but none are really great. I'd like to see what he can do at center instead of wing, since center is his natural position.

Shaw - Also fairly quick and small, and plays very physical. He's like a pug that thinks he's a bulldog. I felt like he flashed decent offense while up on the MN Wild, but hit posts or narrowly missed the net. Has a lot of offense at the AHL level to suggest there's more there, but development time is running out. I can't say much more than that, since my viewings of him were limited to a few games.

Beckman - Great shot, decent offensive instincts, but needs to get stronger and maybe faster too. If he makes it, I think he'll be a sniper. Didn't get to watch enough of him to share thoughts of how he was in the AHL, though @57special could probably help. He has thoughts on these guys from watching them in the AHL.

Chaffee - I missed his first game, and didn't notice him in his second. I can't really speak about him.

Duhaime - Exactly what I'm looking for in a 4th liner most of the time. He's fast, fairly big bodied, hits, and puts the occasional puck on net. A very North-South player. I didn't even expect him to become a great AHLer, so he really surprised me this year. He is prone to taken a stupid penalty here and there, unfortunately.

Lizotte - I only vaguely remember him playing. I can't really speak about him.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Beckman needs time to develop physically, and mentally. Remains to be seen if he can. I was impressed with the improvement in his skating and two way play, and think it can get even better with more strength. The guy is very lean right now, but has decent height(6'1"?). I think he needs more AHL TOI. Not overly positive about him, but he has a chance to become a secondary scoring wing in the NHL in 2-4 years.

Chaffee is 24 yo. He is what Beckman will be in 3-4 years if his development is mediocre. Scoring W with decent size, speed, shot, strength. Sort of a stronger, faster, Donato, with a lesser shot and skill. Don't think he can be a Duhaime type, but maybe? Doesn't really have a grinder's mentality. Tweener.

Lizotte is a non entity to me, but i guess there's always a chance that he is the next Soucy. Right now I regard him as an AHL Dman with no upside.

What sticks out about Dewar to me is that he is a guy who is laser focussed on making it. He has a NHL mindset/determination. I think he is one of those guys who had to fight for everything - this is no Gentry Academy grad with rich hockey parents. Skating is NHL quality, puck handling is decent but not special, shot is surprisingly good. Good two way player. Not big, and will be overmatched by certain types, but very willing and smart in puck battles. Reminds me of Spurgeon, in many ways. I think he will be a NHL'er, either with this team or somewhere else, if Guerin decides to sign yet another useless vet rather than go with Dewar. I can see he and Duhaime making a good team on a 4th line with speed, grit, and a bit of offensive ability.

Shaw - one year older than Dewar, one inch shorter. Thick, and scrappy. OK speed and skating. Have some doubts if he is big enough , fast enough, smart, or skilled enough to fill a role in the NHL, but he is determined. Tweener'ish.

Duhaime is a 4th line NHL'er. Slight chance he develops into something more. Good speed, physicality. OK shot. Can fight a bit, but is by no means ready to take on anything but middleweights.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
ROR still 2nd in scoring among Dmen in playoff scoring, just behind his teammate, Thompson.

Lambos about 8th or so on a loaded team, behind teammate, Zloty, who had a crazy good year offensively after not getting drafted in 2020. Seems to have decent size and skating. Late bloomer that might warrant a late pick this year as a guy who's development was slowed by covid?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
ROR still 2nd in scoring among Dmen in playoff scoring, just behind his teammate, Thompson.

Lambos about 8th or so on a loaded team, behind teammate, Zloty, who had a crazy good year offensively after not getting drafted in 2020. Seems to have decent size and skating. Late bloomer that might warrant a late pick this year as a guy who's development was slowed by covid?
how would you rank the wild's top 10 prospects right now? love wallstedt, kid is a home run for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad