Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Looks like Rossi’s been in the 2nd line recently. Is he still on the top PP? I wonder if the Wild aren’t in love with how he’s played this year.
They really have two 1st lines, or two 2nd lines. Rossi is playing with Rau and Shaw a lot. Sometimes Chaffee, too. Say what you want about Rau, but he is a very good AHL player, and Shaw is good too. Chaffee has to be a guy who they are thinking of bringing up- at 23-4 yo, it's now or never. I think Army has a lot of faith in Dewar, especially as an all zones C, so he hands a lot TOI to him, also.
Bottom line is that Rossi is getting lots of prime TOI, but Dewar is squeezing that a bit, and justifiably, IMO. Rossi still looks good to me, and i sometimes wonder if his smart play with the puck is lost in the AHL, as plays often die on the stick of his linemates. Would be very interested to see him play with fiala and Boldy, as they are two very smart, skilled players... I think he could do a lot of nice things with them. There is defeintely room for improvement in rossi's game, though, and he seems to be tailing off a bit in the past 2-3 weeks. Maybe losing energy after a long, hard season... remember, he might still be fighting fatigue from covid, and he is still very young.
Beckman is the guy who has seemed to be getting the short end of the stick for quite a long time in terms of line assignment. He needs to work on making quicker decisions and not being so obvious about when he shoots, but i like a lot of things about his game. His speed looks good, he works hard, decent passer, still has the nice shot. I really think that putting on 10 good pounds on his long frame would do wonders for him.
Swaney had a SO winner last night . Unusual move. Came in with speed, braced as if to shoot, goalie committed, then he deked forehand into an open net. I can't recall ever seeing that move before. Rossi didn't scorein SO, Dewar did...that's sort of the way it's been going. Rossi's got competition.

Reactions: BagHead

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
They really have two 1st lines, or two 2nd lines. Rossi is playing with Rau and Shaw a lot. Sometimes Chaffee, too. Say what you want about Rau, but he is a very good AHL player, and Shaw is good too. Chaffee has to be a guy who they are thinking of bringing up- at 23-4 yo, it's now or never. I think Army has a lot of faith in Dewar, especially as an all zones C, so he hands a lot TOI to him, also.
Bottom line is that Rossi is getting lots of prime TOI, but Dewar is squeezing that a bit, and justifiably, IMO. Rossi still looks good to me, and i sometimes wonder if his smart play with the puck is lost in the AHL, as plays often die on the stick of his linemates. Would be very interested to see him play with fiala and Boldy, as they are two very smart, skilled players... I think he could do a lot of nice things with them. There is defeintely room for improvement in rossi's game, though, and he seems to be tailing off a bit in the past 2-3 weeks. Maybe losing energy after a long, hard season... remember, he might still be fighting fatigue from covid, and he is still very young.
Beckman is the guy who has seemed to be getting the short end of the stick for quite a long time in terms of line assignment. He needs to work on making quicker decisions and not being so obvious about when he shoots, but i like a lot of things about his game. His speed looks good, he works hard, decent passer, still has the nice shot. I really think that putting on 10 good pounds on his long frame would do wonders for him.
Swaney had a SO winner last night . Unusual move. Came in with speed, braced as if to shoot, goalie committed, then he deked forehand into an open net. I can't recall ever seeing that move before. Rossi didn't scorein SO, Dewar did...that's sort of the way it's been going. Rossi's got competition.

This is what I would be interested in

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
it sounds a lot like ovechkins go to leg kick move? fake shot into a deke?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
it sounds a lot like ovechkins go to leg kick move? fake shot into a deke?
NO, it was more like he lowered his shoulder to do what they used to call a "drag shot", got the goalie to bite, then moved to his forehand side, and flipped it into the net. Absolutely destroyed the goalie, even though it was subtle... I've never seen that move before.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
NO, it was more like he lowered his shoulder to do what they used to call a "drag shot", got the goalie to bite, then moved to his forehand side, and flipped it into the net. Absolutely destroyed the goalie, even though it was subtle... I've never seen that move before.
found the highlight after i replied. i always hated the shootout so cant say i recall seeing it before, just makes me think of something datsyuk probably did as he was a magician.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities

Datsyuk? I guess this is really the backhand side. So I'm imagining it's a finish to the other side than this.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Man, Datsyuk was so silky. His ability to delay that move until the last minute was unbelievably powerful.

Swaney's was good, too.
(did I leave enough spaces to make it clear I won't be comparing them?)

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Craig Button's Top 50 NHL-affiliated prospects.

Wallstedt at #6
Rossi at #17

No Lambos?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

Wallstedt at #6
Rossi at #17

No Lambos?

I don't think Lambos has done enough to separate himself from the others.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Wallstedt at #6
Rossi at #17

No Lambos?

Wouldn't put any stock into it. Looks like his list favors guys in mens/pro leagues unless they have pretty outstanding production in juniors. And I guess he really likes the NCAA too. Looks like he's going for the "who had the most impressive season" angle, maybe? Because players like Scott Morrow, Jack Rathbone, Josh Doan, and Brock Faber are not better than Lambos.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
His name alone doesn't get it done?
Nope.

More so, Lambos is 14th in the WHL in scoring. He's tied for 10th in goals and 14th in assists. He'd be tied for 13th in points in the OHL. He'd be tied for 10th in points in the QMJHL. (As a defenseman)

Good prospect, but there isn't anything that makes him stand out amongst his peers.

Last edited:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Nope.

More so, Lambos is 14th in the WHL in scoring. He's tied for 10th in goals and 14th in assists. He'd be tied for 13th in points in the OHL. He'd be tied for 10th in points in the QMJHL. (As a defenseman)

Good prospect, but there isn't anything that makes him stand out amongst his peers.
I agree with you, I just mean.... you can tell he's a high maintenance performance machine with that name, He's even broken down a couple of times, to prove it. But the Wild have the best mechani- I mean, doctors on the job.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I think Minnesota needs to sign Pavel Novak or he'll be an UFA. Any word if they are or not?
I thought they had another year.

Checked His stats though. Seems to be above a PPG in the WHL. There’d be No reason not to sign him, unless they’re afraid of bringing in too many rookies at one time to Iowa

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I thought they had another year.

Checked His stats though. Seems to be above a PPG in the WHL. There’d be No reason not to sign him, unless they’re afraid of bringing in too many rookies at one time to Iowa
He's twenty. So I think he needs to sign.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Heard Rossi’s hurt. Sounds like he’s been playing injured for a bit. I wonder if this tweet means that he’s done for the year and not going to be a black ace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad